• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

Squishy3

New 4.6 MB patch pushed. Will see if it fixes the crashes I've experienced. No crash when picking attack in the first battle outside of the town, so far so good. Menu and Bracer Book crash isn't present in the map outside of the town either. Now experiencing crash in the second battle after leaving town. :p

Just saw someone mention on /vg/ that you can apparently play this release with the Japanese script if you have the original PC version installed on your computer. Just copy "ED6_DT01.dat" and "ED6_DT01.dir" from the JP version's folder to the Steam/GoG version folder.

Screenshot (not from me): http://i5.minus.com/ib24rp4aJ34Hto.png

I'm not sure whether this script change will cause any technical difficulties later in the game so remember to make backups of the English script files just to be safe.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I ALSO HAVE TITS!

BEHOLD:
Mlk9YT4.png

So, you don't actually have TitS yet. It takes time to develop.

Just love this game. Put in 4 hours into it and luckily no crash issues whatsoever so far, other than the heavy banding on the OP which I'm sure isn't really anything Sara and XSEED could've fixed. It still seems to use mpeg1 avi, so I imagine it's some limitation of the engine the game runs on or something...

It's funny because it's been a good while since I played the PSP version, so everytime I talk to an NPC I ended up remembering them because of some defining trait. Right now my favourite one in Rolent's definitely the little girl who wants to be a journalist -- always coming up with the funniest theories about everything and anything.

Also, have to say I'm happy that one can just replace the music by switching out the .oggs. Having the Sora no Kiseki Zanmai version of Sophisticated Fight playing instead of the regular one makes every battle ten times more awesome, gotta love that arrangement.

OMFG I had not thought about doing that.

Edit: now that I think about it, I don't think I'll do that, I prefer to keep the Zanmai OST as something special.

Also, have to say I'm happy that one can just replace the music by switching out the .oggs. Having the Sora no Kiseki Zanmai version of Sophisticated Fight playing instead of the regular one makes every battle ten times more awesome, gotta love that arrangement.

Ooh, that's pretty tempting, the Zanmai version of the song is pretty awesome, but maybe a little too awesome for every random battle. I'll consider it for when the time comes for Fate of the Fairies.

I only just got accepted as Bracers, and I already can't get enough of Estelle and Joshua's bantering. I hope I can break away from this long enough to play more AAI2 or my FF5 Fiesta Run...

creid

I did not run into the "unlock the recipe achievement immediately" bug, and my progress correctly shows that I'm at 2 recipes. I got the book the first time I talked to the NPC who gives it to you,
after passing the bracer test but before going off to look for the missing kids
. Wondering if the bug is triggered by talking to that NPC earlier?

jb1234

One thing I hope the game does is (very, very, very, very game spoilers)
delve deeper into what brought Joshua into the household. It seemed very dramatic, whatever it was... and also, explores how the two of them grew up together. They're so charming and funny that I want to know more of their backstory!

I was about to ask where the Monster Book is but then I remembered it hasn't been implemented yet. At least that's one thing I don't have to worry about. ;)

CrazyDude

One thing I hope the game does is (very, very, very, very game spoilers)
delve deeper into what brought Joshua into the household. It seemed very dramatic, whatever it was... and also, explores how the two of them grew up together. They're so charming and funny that I want to know more of their backstory!

I was about to ask where the Monster Book is but then I remembered it hasn't been implemented yet. At least that's one thing I don't have to worry about. ;)

Would like a yes or no to the question?

Valus

So my characters are stuck. I'm in the bar in Rolent and I'm stuck on a staircase with the waitress that was walking through it. I tried passing her but my character just got stuck on her and now I can't move? I tried saving/reloading and it didn't work.

Has anyone encountered anything like this? They straight up won't move. Is there a fix? I'd be really disappointed if I had to start over because of something like this...

Aeana

So my characters are stuck. I'm in the bar in Rolent and I'm stuck on a staircase with the waitress that was walking through it. I tried passing her but my character just got stuck on her and now I can't move? I tried saving/reloading and it didn't work.

Has anyone encountered anything like this? They straight up won't move. Is there a fix? I'd be really disappointed if I had to start over because of something like this...

I read somewhere that you can get out of stuck places by using the mouse to move. But you wouldn't have to start over, because the game autosaves every time you change screens. Just press left on the load screen to get a list of autosaves to load if the mouse doesn't work.

Aeana

I put together a JP voice replacement file for those who have been complaining about it. It's out there if you know where to look, but I won't be linking it here, nor will anyone else since it's copyrighted data.

Valus

I read somewhere that you can get out of stuck places by using the mouse to move. But you wouldn't have to start over, because the game autosaves every time you change screens. Just press left on the load screen to get a list of autosaves to load if the mouse doesn't work.

Thanks so much for the quick response. The mouse thing didn't work unfortunately but I had no idea about the autosaves. You saved me a headache!

Tarazet

Put in 3 hours. Really nice port.. I turned off the super-sharp fonts so that it would run in 1080p, changed bilinear filtering to anisotropic, and swapped the mouse buttons to the proper ones so my head wouldn't explode. It's quite novel and enjoyable for me to play a JRPG with nothing but a mouse.. after an hour it felt completely natural. I would have a hard time playing it on PSP again after this.

In combat, is there any way to specify which square I stand on when I hit the enemy? I notice that hitting monsters knocks them back a square, which can potentially mess up my battle plans if done the wrong way (or work to my advantage if done the right way). I just want to make sure I'm not missing some way to better control how this happens.

Tarazet

In combat, is there any way to specify which square I stand on when I hit the enemy? I notice that hitting monsters knocks them back a square, which can potentially mess up my battle plans if done the wrong way (or work to my advantage if done the right way). I just want to make sure I'm not missing some way to better control how this happens.

You can, by using Move, but you spend your turn. If you attack a monster you will path just within range.

Put in 3 hours. Really nice port.. I turned off the super-sharp fonts so that it would run in 1080p, changed bilinear filtering to anisotropic, and swapped the mouse buttons to the proper ones so my head wouldn't explode. It's quite novel and enjoyable for me to play a JRPG with nothing but a mouse.. after an hour it felt completely natural. I would have a hard time playing it on PSP again after this.
You shouldn't need to turn off the high resolution font renderer anymore; that issue has been patched already.

Everything was working fine before, I wonder if that update is why I'm getting constant crashes now.

Edit: Well unless someone can tell me how to stop the game from crashing when I select "attack" in battle, the game is basically unplayable now.

I was talking to someone about this earlier and it occurred to me that it might not be common knowledge: the game keeps 10 rolling autosaves and saves when you change screens or battle. You can access them on the load screen by pressing left to page "0."

This tip was a life saver and worth repeating. I either crashed or accidentally closed out my game window about 30 minutes after my last manual save. The autosaving window isn't the most obvious thing to see at first, and a lot of Japanese PC games I've played don't have that option, so it's good to know it's there for you.

I think this autosave trick needs to be added to the OP or something so people experiencing bugs know about it.

epmode

Besides the autosaves, you guys should probably use a few slots yourself. At least one permanent save at the start of each chapter. It's so easy to miss useful stuff!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Everything was working fine before, I wonder if that update is why I'm getting constant crashes now.

Edit: Well unless someone can tell me how to stop the game from crashing when I select "attack" in battle, the game is basically unplayable now.

I had that crash too. I solved it by running past the encounter that caused the crash. I've had no crashes in battle since.

I had that crash too. I solved it by running past the encounter that caused the crash. I've had no crashes in battle since.

It's not one encounter. It happens randomly against any enemy I fight.

I set to 30 FPS and haven't had a crash since, so I'm going to keep playing and see if this is a solution.

Aeana

It's not one encounter. It happens randomly against any enemy I fight.

I set to 30 FPS and haven't had a crash since, so I'm going to keep playing and see if this is a solution.

The bugs thread on the Steam forum has this little bit:

I think this is related to auto cursor, when you attack first time the cursor auto jumps to target then it crashes the game.. but if you use attack that doesn't auto target enemy it bypasses it. and lets you attack normally for the rest of the fight.

I wonder if that's why?

The bugs thread on the Steam forum has this little bit:

I wonder if that's why?

That sounds like what I'm dealing with. It only happens the first turn of battle and If I use arts or something other than attack, I don't get it.

Edit: and just as I say that, I get a crash on the 2nd attack I make in a battle.

desmax

This tip was a life saver and worth repeating. I either crashed or accidentally closed out my game window about 30 minutes after my last manual save. The autosaving window isn't the most obvious thing to see at first, and a lot of Japanese PC games I've played don't have that option, so it's good to know it's there for you.

No surprise attacks anymore for me then

ramyeon

NPC Protection battles! NOOOOO!!!!
They may put you off at first but these are almost never an issue. Never had an NPC come even close to dying, and some of them aid you in battle in various ways.
Not in a single move, no. It's almost never really an issue though. General rule of thumb I used was that if I was using an AoE attack with on character and it looked like a physical blow may hit the enemy back out of range then I wouldn't attack, I'd do something else with that character or just move them. The battles aren't that tactical on most difficulties to require precise control.

dcassell

Banned
Put in three hours today, and only had one crash during the first "boss" in the tower. Smooth sailing otherwise, other than the Falcom logo being doubled as reported earlier in the thread. The game is an exponentially more attractive experience vs playing it on my Vita. I tend to get distracted from games when on handheld, and sitting at my desk with this has been excellent and rewarding. Not a fan of the battle music though. Looking to replace it with the alternate arrangement

luka

Loves Robotech S1
The font does look nice and sharp on my screen, better than it looked in screenshots but it's still far too narrow. It's a big step back from the wonderful font they used in the PS3 remaster.

Also the intro FMV sounds incredibly scratchy and compressed compared to the PS3 or original PC version. Minor nitpick compared to the font, but whatever. It's just something that stuck out to me right away.

Haven't seen any major bugs or glitches yet, so there's that.

So, to clarify, if I turn Retry Offset OFF, the game won't get easier on retries?

Also, is there a way to turn off the sound of the next scrolling during dialogue?

Aeana

The font does look nice and sharp on my screen, better than it looked in screenshots but it's still far too narrow. It's a big step back from the wonderful font they used in the PS3 remaster.

Also the intro FMV sounds incredibly scratchy and compressed compared to the PS3 or original PC version. Minor nitpick compared to the font, but whatever. It's just something that stuck out to me right away.

Haven't seen any major bugs or glitches yet, so there's that.

Well, I mean, the JP PS3 font is really nice but the dialog boxes on that also take up half of the screen because it's based on the PSP version.

Knurek

Uh-oh, I think the chest achievement is bugged...
I've done the tutorial dungeon, opened two chests there (one plot-related, and one standard treasure one), read the open chest messages for both of them, and yet my achievement progress is stuck on 1/163.

Is the plot chest not counted in the total, or am I screwed?

Uh-oh, I think the chest achievement is bugged...
I've done the tutorial dungeon, opened two chests there (one plot-related, and one standard treasure one), read the open chest messages for both of them, and yet my achievement progress is stuck on 1/163.

Is the plot chest not counted in the total, or am I screwed?

I had the same problem, I also want to know if they both count or if something's wrong as I'm probably going to go for 100%.

I'm using Dual Shock 4 and I can't seem to use the d-pad for navigating menus no matter what I do.
Anyone using X360 controller have the same problem?

Top Bottom