• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

Durante

I think XSeed could benefit from handling their PC releases more like Ghostlight. They do a prolonged closed beta with a few dozen (I guess from forum participation) volunteers.

I think XSeed could benefit from handling their PC releases more like Ghostlight. They do a prolonged closed beta with a few dozen (I guess from forum participation) volunteers.

Yeah I though of that as well. Most of those bugs could've been caught in a closed beta and it would've led to a smoother launch.

So, trying to rebind the mouse in config.exe to no avail (they're just greyed out after I click the buttons and I couldn't do anything afterwards), I tried opening config.ini but then had no idea what to do here. I suspect this line...
Code:
Mouse=0200
... is what I should change, but I'm afraid I might break something.

Can anybody help here? I just want to have Left-Click for Confirm and Right-Click for Cancel.

Arthea

well, as we were asking for release every day, basically, I don't feel like blaming Xseed for giving in, they tried to iron out bugs for several months, so not like it had no beta testing, it just seems to be very problematic game (engine to be precise) to run on newer OSes, as I understood from Xseed comments on their boards.

Knurek

So, trying to rebind the mouse in config.exe to no avail (they're just greyed out after I click the buttons and I couldn't do anything afterwards), I tried opening config.ini but then had no idea what to do here. I suspect this line...
Code:
Mouse=0200
... is what I should change, but I'm afraid I might break something.

Can anybody help here? I just want to have Left-Click for Confirm and Right-Click for Cancel.

Mouse=0102 should work

Bought the game on Steam yesterday to support Xseed localizing the series. Probably won't be playing it it again for a while since I'm playing Ao Evolution(just started Chapter 4).

2San

well, as we were asking for release every day, basically, I don't feel like blaming Xseed for giving in, they tried to iron out bugs for several months, so not like it had no beta testing, it just seems to be very problematic game (engine to be precise) to run on newer OSes, as I understood from Xseed comments on their boards.
No the game needed beta testing. I don't understand why you can't blame xseed for releasing buggy games.

I know it's annoying but they are being extremely quick with the patches. Let's give them a break, they must be exhausted at this point, it was already hell to get it out the door in the first place.

We don't make excuses for other companies that release games in a broken state. All of the buyers of this game that don't go on NeoGAF and get a broken product could cause a poisonous PR response. The Steam forum page is full of threads saying the game is crashing, which will hurt sales.

Tetsuo9

We don't make excuses for other companies that release games in a broken state. All of the buyers of this game that don't go on NeoGAF and get a broken product could cause a poisonous PR response. The Steam forum page is full of threads saying the game is crashing, which will hurt sales.

No one is telling you to not be angry or dissapointed about it. People are telling you to be patient because xseed is actively patching the game.

No one is telling you to not be angry or dissapointed about it. People are telling you to be patient because xseed is actively patching the game.

I'm not angry or disappointed. I'm concerned about how this is going to affect sales. Gamers hold grudges and love to voice their opinion regularly, and a big misstep like this could hurt sales for a while down the road. It's not like everyone who bought the game is on NeoGAF following the development issues with a friendly face from the developer to talk to them.

I'm willing to give them more time before I get angry. If it's still broken a week from now, then they deserve all the flak they get.

But then, I was able to play it fine right after launch, and in between the last two patches, so I'm hopefully that things will be fixed soonish.

I'm not angry or disappointed. I'm concerned about how this is going to affect sales. Gamers hold grudges and love to voice their opinion regularly, and a big misstep like this could hurt sales for a while down the road. It's not like everyone who bought the game is on NeoGAF following the development issues with a friendly face from the developer to talk to them.
I think that really depends on how long these problems linger. If they fix the most glaring issues soon, they should be fine.

wrowa

Also, have to say I'm happy that one can just replace the music by switching out the .oggs. Having the Sora no Kiseki Zanmai version of Sophisticated Fight playing instead of the regular one makes every battle ten times more awesome, gotta love that arrangement.

Thanks for the idea, that's amazing! I really don't like the in-game version of Sophisticated Fight, it already drove me nuts on the PSP. But the Zanmai version on the other hand? That's an arrangement I can dig!

Thanks for the idea, that's amazing! I really don't like the in-game version of Sophisticated Fight, it already drove me nuts on the PSP. But the Zanmai version on the other hand? That's an arrangement I can dig!

It's really not a song that lends itself to being heard hundreds of times.

alstein

So, it's a mess right?

Is anybody NOT having issues?

I haven't had issues so far.

Haven't played it that hard yet- only a couple of hours though.

All I can say is Sara is working hard on this stuff. It may take more than a week to fix, but trust her to get it done. This is a very hard project.

I'm a little worried about grudge-holding, but given the lack of high-quality games like this, and the fact that it will get fixed if at all possible, I'm not too worried.

wrowa

But then, I was able to play it fine right after launch, and in between the last two patches, so I'm hopefully that things will be fixed soonish.

That's the only thing that slightly annoys me. Game was running just fine for me after the first patch, but then they completely broke it right before going to sleep. :/

Still, Sara deserves all the credit for getting the game to run in the first place. I can't imagine how frustrating this project had to be, when everything you do just breaks the next thing.

It's really not a song that lends itself to being heard hundreds of times.

I like the idea that I can just switch out battle tracks whenever I'm also getting annoyed by the Zanmai version. It's pure torture when JRPGs keep you listen to battle tracks over and over again when you're already sick of them.

Tiu Neo

After playing a bit with the options, I got to run the game fine yesterday, 720p with Xbox 360 controller, on windowed mode. Didn't need to turn the hi-res fonts off.

In my case, I think the blame is on the video card, since my notebook has an hybrid solution that fucks up on a lot of older games.

Didn't download the latest patches yet, will test when I go back home.

Faabulous

I see. Makes me sad really. I hoped for a smooth release and tons of sales. Hope this doesn't affect the sales.

But in XSEED I trust, so I'm sure it'll all be patched soon.

Despera

Banned
Oh so I can replace the OGGs?

Definitely going to swap out the regular battle theme with either an upgraded version or a completely different theme.

flowsnake

Looks like it's easy to buy Zanmai, but in mp3. I guess transcoding to ogg isn't a big deal.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls

I won't hesitate to ridicule the touting of fanatics' horns, but this accusation is a bit absurd. The game hasn't been unplayable up until the last available patch released at the tail-end of evening peak time in the USA working hours unless those not tech-savvy continue to ignore giant communities for JRPGs like GAF or GameFAQs or reddit or even the game's own Steam forum stipulating that the HD font seems to be the main offender in a majority of issues.

I am sure that if there were any major issues then people would be melting down far more than they are. Thankfully the PC community seems to have a far more sensible mental capacity regarding miniscule issues of game compatibility in the first week of a (discounted price) release than what you seem to allude to.

Nohar

Hum, the game crashes when I talk to the guy who allows me to modify/equip orbment right at the beginning, during the tutorial. Oh well, I guess I will wait a little until this is somehow fixed.

Durante

They may have tested for months, but testing on, say, 50 different configurations for a week can be more helpful for detecting some issues than testing on 5 configurations for months. Ghostlight's releases have all been pretty solid at launch.

Blue-kun

No biggie! Just be aware that you need to convert it to .ogg as well as add some tags for it to loop properly. Trails uses the <LOOPSTART> and <LOOPLENGTH> tags to determine the starting point of a loop and how long it'll last (basically, where it ends and starts looping again). You'll need to add those tags on some audio software, be it foobar or Audacity or whatever, and put in the corresponding values in order for it to seamlessly loop.

I can't guarantee my rip of Zanmai is the same as yours, but the samples values for LOOPSTART and LOOPLENGTH are 140369 and 11106358, respectively. If that doesn't work out (as in, you notice the loop isn't seamless/to your liking, it might be slightly offsync if your rip is different), just gotta search for the correct samples # on Audacity or so and edit it until it loops 'perfectly'. Even if they're slightly off, it should give you a good indicator of where the loop points are.

Varion

Oh, no one 'gave in'. Multiple people have been testing it for months now, and before release, none of these issues were happening. The high res fonts were working fine, the movies were playing fine... and so on. If there were known crash issues then it would've been delayed again, because who wants a buggy game on release day? That's why there was time to do things like centre the battle text - because as far as we were aware, all the serious issues were fixed and the game was ready to go.

Except then it comes out and suddenly it wasn't. Testing PC games is just a nightmare - the more people you have the less likely bugs are to slip through, but there's no way to get that number to zero, really. The only comfort is that every issue fixed now is one less issue that could happen with SC down the line, but I realise that's only so much comfort to people who're having trouble playing this. 'A very problematic game' is putting it lightly, though.

TheChaos0

Well the regular battle theme is kinda boring, but I like that one part 5 seconds into it before it returns to being a snoozefest.

Playing at fullscreen with no issues so far. I just disabled Hardware Vertex Shading which caused the snowy trees glitch.

I also do like that 5 second bit and ~1:40+ onwards part. It may not be the most exciting battle theme but it certainly doesn't get annoying after a while as some themes do.

Tarazet

I had zero crashes in 3 hours of playing. I had the high-res fonts turned off and graphics set to 1080p. I did have some graphical issues with cutscenes, until I switched from bilinear to anisotropic filtering and had my video driver let the game do it.

pahamrick

There was a 4mb-ish patch last night that broke the game vsync for me, but forcing it via drivers fixed that. Aside from that, I didn't have any issues whatsoever.

If there's been a new patch since that broke things, I haven't played any yet.

Top Bottom