• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

Feep

Banned
What the hell is going on

lJRn3jt.jpg
VR MODE UNLOCKED?!

So how buggy is this game in general, would you folks say? While TitS seems interesting, I haven't the heart to buy yet another disastrous though long-awaited port (e.g. Deadly Premonition).

I just don't want my heart broken again, TitSGAF!

What the hell is going on

lJRn3jt.jpg

Oculus ready? :/

Burning Justice

the superior princess

Yeah, I just noticed that too. I need to check to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

EDIT: Just checked the PSP version, and it definitely requires 8 Time there. The PSP version's Bracer Notebook lists the right amount, so unless the requirements are different for the PC version, the PC version's Bracer Notebook is wrong.

I haven't seen anyone mention it here but does anyone else have an issue whenever you first enter the camp menu where you have no control at all (using a gamepad)? Usually I can just back out and open it again to restore control, and it only ever happens the first time during a play session, but it's mildly annoying nonetheless.

Yeah, I'm getting that.

Has anyone posted a comparison between this enhanced PC version at 1080p and the PSP version running emulated and uprendered at 1080p using PPSSPP yet?

I'm quite curious to see how they both stack up against the other, I'm at the end game on the PSP version (final city of
Grancel, having just met the Queen and off to rescue Chloe
and I'm wondering if the visual enhancements/improvements are enough to grab the PC version and start ALL over again.

Alternatively, if there was a way to convert that PSP save to a PC compatible version, I'd jump in with no hesitation whatsoever.

On the other hand, I've been reading up on the many bugs though, and while I'm confident they'll be addressed in no time due to the diligence of the XSEED crew, I think I'll wait a bit.

Is the game fixed yet? I want to pick it up but I'm done with paying for games that are broken.

Up until now disabling hi res fonts fixed the game but the latest patch seems to allow it again without causing issues so yeah, it seems to be (mostly) fixed, at least when it comes to crashes.

Shiina

Yeah, I just noticed that too. I need to check to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

EDIT: Just checked the PSP version, and it definitely requires 8 Time there. The PSP version's Bracer Notebook lists the right amount, so unless the requirements are different for the PC version, the PC version's Bracer Notebook is wrong.

Care to crosscheck all the other magic?

Varion

Yeah, checked the PSP version and White Gehenna is 8 Time, 4 Space, 2 Mirage (and not 4-4-2 like in the image file).

Also, Spiral Flare should be 5 Fire, 2 Wind, 2 Space (it's 5-1-2 in the PC version's notebook), and Attack 2 has a fire value of 3 (showing as 2).

I commented to my girlfriend about the same thing (the highly cliched combination of 'stubborn, tomboyish girl who can't cook worth a crap, hates studying and doesn't think things through' and 'level headed adopted boy found abandoned who is treated like a family by the people who took him in, who just happen to be a widowed father and a girl who's the same age as the boy'). I can't help but feel I've played through this story a few times in the past in other games, but I give the game a pass for a couple reasons:

- It's a 10 year old game, so this particular ground, while still pretty heavily tread upon even then, was less so than it is now.
- The game mechanics, soundtrack and well-translated script make the game worth the effort, even if the story is built upon a foundation of JRPG tropes and cliches.

I actually own the PSP version, but didn't bother playing it because the other two games in the trilogy weren't ever going to be released. Now that there's a chance we'll see all three, I'm buying (and playing) this one in the hopes that XSEED follows through with the rest.

They may be based on what you perceive as cliches but there's so much more to them than that. They feel authentic and so does their relationship.
Give them a chance, I'm convinced you'll end up caring about them a lot. It's grounded, unpretentious and very charming writing/character development, it takes its time, but it pays off in the end. It's not as superficial as it might seem at the start.
That's my opinion anyway, I'm not a big fan of certain anime cliches either but these characters won me over.

Are you trying to load it windowed at your native resolution? If so, yes. My native res is 1680x1050, and I can play the game fullscreen at that resolution, or windowed at anything below it, but windowed 1680x1050 it just opens and then closes immediately. Which is weird, because it was letting me play fine at that res a week or so ago.

Yes I am, didn't think of that. Thanks for the fix :)

Shiina

Yeah, checked the PSP version and White Gehenna is 8 Time, 4 Space, 2 Mirage (and not 4-4-2 like in the image file).

Also, Spiral Flare should be 5 Fire, 2 Wind, 2 Space (it's 5-1-2 in the PC version's notebook), and Attack 2 has a fire value of 3 (showing as 2).

Ah, that would be my bad. I had to redo it from scratch since the assets for the PSP version were too small. I'll fix it.

Thanks!

Arthea

After the patch had no problems with a game again at all (except that movie and logo bug is still here, but that's not important), thanks Xseed

Varion

Should I wait until the Monster Book is implemented to play this? What exactly is that feature?
It's a book that records information on the monsters you've fought. It might be useful occasionally (like if someone asks for an ingredient you're short of and you want to check what enemy dropped it), but I wouldn't really say it's worth holding off playing the game for. Don't think I ever used it in the PSP version to be honest.

Should I wait until the Monster Book is implemented to play this? What exactly is that feature?

It acts as a Bestiary of sorts, providing the vital statistics of every monster/boss you've ever encountered in all the regions of the game.

Here's an example of a page in the Monster Book (Taken from PSP version of the game using PPSSPP @ 1080p Rendering Resolution):-

EDIT:- Beaten, bah. Screenshot is better than none.

MoogPaul

Anyone know of a way to bind gamepad (the 360 for pc controller specifically) buttons to keyboard presses outside of the game?
I'd love to bind some unused buttons to 1 through 4 on the keyboard. The S-Break is killing me.

Aeana

Anyone know of a way to bind gamepad (the 360 for pc controller specifically) buttons to keyboard presses outside of the game?
I'd love to bind some unused buttons to 1 through 4 on the keyboard. The S-Break is killing me.

You can use JoyToKey or xpadder.

They may be based on what you perceive as cliches but there's so much more to them than that. They feel authentic and so does their relationship.
Give them a chance, I'm convinced you'll end up caring about them a lot. It's grounded, unpretentious and very charming writing/character development, it takes its time, but it pays off in the end. It's not as superficial as it might seem at the start.
That's my opinion anyway, I'm not a big fan of certain anime cliches either but these characters won me over.

If anything, he should blame all those other lesser light narrative JRPGs for ruining these tropes before he played TitS.

The Milch Road Monster is not the worst thing there lol

That ambush chest is worse for a while.

Aeana

Apparently Steam is down for maintenance, and since I use SteamCloud it seems like the game has no idea where my saves are. In fact if I click the 'save folder' button in the config utility, the save folder is empty.
EDIT: Well it's back up now, but still weird about the saves.

Negator

Apparently Steam is down for maintenance, and since I use SteamCloud it seems like the game has no idea where my saves are. In fact if I click the 'save folder' button in the config utility, the save folder is empty.
EDIT: Well it's back up now, but still weird about the saves.

I'm always wary of trusting Steam's cloud saves, usually I disable it.

Aeana

I'm always wary of trusting Steam's cloud saves, usually I disable it.

Ah, it just occurred to me that Steam Cloud saves are stored in the userdata directory within the Steam installation directory. I learned that before but somehow forgot it. I'll just back them up occasionally just to be safe. I use so many different computers that having them online is actually a pretty big advantage.

imBask

Banned
for someone who never played this game on PSP and never played anything in this series, is it worth picking up? is the port any good (other than the crashes)?

for someone who never played this game on PSP and never played anything in this series, is it worth picking up? is the port any good (other than the crashes)?
This will (eventually) be the definitive version of the game, and it's the very first game in the sub-series (which is basically a brand new series), plus it's awesome. So yes, I'd recommend it.

This is the original version of the game, Xseed(Sara) has been working to make this game the definitive version of Trails in the Sky FC, the crashes and bugs are getting fixed at a superhuman speed.

So yes, get it.

Javaman

Anyone else having scrambled video during the intro and when the first cutscene plays after they introduce the injured kid in the bed? It's totally unwatchable. It's like a double image.
The videos play just fine outside of the game.

Top Bottom