• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

Dio

Banned
Yeah, so about that...

Is there a simple and easy list of all questions for reference somewhere online? I don't want to bother with not maximizing my points as I play through the game :(

You're going to be constantly looking at a guide if you really want to max out your points in your first playthrough. I'm saving myself the headache and not bothering.

This walkthrough has them though:

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3588-英雄伝説-閃の軌跡-Overall-Walkthrough

edit: lol guide mind

hawk2025

You're going to be constantly looking at a guide if you really want to max out your points in your first playthrough. I'm saving myself the headache and not bothering.

This walkthrough has them though:

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3588-英雄伝説-閃の軌跡-Overall-Walkthrough

edit: lol guide mind

hmmm, good point. Trying to max out everything on the first go will just ruin the game.

But are there tests that are always going to happen regardless that I can just look up the answers to?

Dio

Banned
hmmm, good point. Trying to max out everything on the first go will just ruin the game.

But are there tests that are always going to happen regardless that I can just look up the answers to?

Yeah. The answers will be on there.

The thing is, I absolutely love Trails and I love that there's so much hidden content for people to stumble across and make for varied playthroughs, but if you're the kind of person that can't stand that you might have missed something somewhere and need to use a guide, this series is really going to test your mettle on some things.

There are god damned hidden sidequests that only trigger if you talk to certain NPCs multiple times and extremely short hidden sidequest/item time windows between missions all over the place. I save that shit for subsequent playthroughs and just enjoy the game as best I can along with the story for my first time.

Yeah the one thing that blew my mind was how almost everyone has their own little story and they go through it with or without you.

Man, this means I now I have tear the whole school up to track down every one of those NPCs =_=

Yeah the one thing that blew my mind was how almost everyone has their own little story and they go through it with or without you.

Man, this means I now I have tear the whole school up to track down every one of those NPCs =_=
And you're going to play the Trails in The Sky Series too once you're done with Cold Steel :mad:

Otherwise i'll sit disappointed in a corner and play games. >_>

And you're going to play the Trails in The Sky Series too once you're done with Cold Steel :mad:

Planning to pick up both FC and SC on vita. Believe it works on pstv as well! Finally
Making good use of the pstv I bought :p

max_505

Guess I gotta thank Trails in the Sky for programming my mind to talk to every NPC after every story event. It's like second nature to me now.

I'm a bit hesitant about that because it's an old JRPGs and I'm worried it would be less intuitive to pick up.

Plus I have till February to play finish this before Digimon comes out.

Guess I gotta thank Trails in the Sky for programming my mind to talk to every NPC after every story event. It's like second nature to me now.

For me it's more like I have this urge to rush to the next cutscene lol.

Dio

Banned
I'm a bit hesitant about that because it's an old JRPGs and I'm worried it would be less intuitive to pick up.

Plus I have till February to play finish this before Digimon comes out.

For me it's more like I have this urge to rush to the next cutscene lol.

You'd be surprised how much similar the older Trails are to Cold Steel combat wise. It's basically the same thing except without ARCUS links and with unskippable attack animations.

bon

I just wanna say I love the Lionheart Edition's box. I wish every limited edition game had such a nice sturdy box.

Continuing along with the game, so now I'm about to go out on the first field event.
I'm glad that the stuff with Alisa got resolved relatively quickly. I wouldn't have wanted that to drag on any longer.

Yeah, and not only that, but to talk to folks twice just in case. I don't want a repeat of the thing that caused me to miss out on that single volume of Gambler Jack again.

Yasumi

Banned
About five hours in, loving it so far. Haven't played something this cozy since Persona 4. Looking forward to shit hitting the fan.

Ugh Mathias better have the most amazeballs turn around or he's going to end up the worst main character story wise in all of Trails.

Dresden

This sounded cool but it ended up being rather tedious. I'm content letting their little lives play out on their own without me eavesdropping on them.

As bad as Alisa and Machias has been so far, I'm kinda hoping that the latter remains a dick all throughout.

Almost done with Chapter 2.

Fie...
So she was an ex-jaeger! :eek:

I expected something similar, certainly explains all her grenades and feats.

Heh, finally the team is coming together and more dynamics set in

Can't wait to play Chapter 3 later!!

No idea how some of you guys can finish the game, about ~28 hours in and only in chapter 3. Maybe I am just slow haha

BTW random thought, does anyone else wish to see the party members following around in a dungeon for example? Kinda wish I could physical see them, but O well. Just me perhaps.

No idea how some of you guys can finish the game, about ~28 hours in and only in chapter 3. Maybe I am just slow haha

BTW random thought, does anyone else wish to see the party members following around in a dungeon for example? Kinda wish I could physical see them, but O well. Just me perhaps.

Yeah, i'm surprised at the speed of some players myself. Then again, I had other stuff to deal with too. Can't play games all the time!

As for the second point, after getting used to that in SC, I was hoping to see that as well. I can see why Falcom opted that out for CS though as monsters would attack almost always or something as they can initiate a battle if they run into one of your party members à la SC.

Shizuka

The problem is worse if you choose to fast forward, instead of a smooth animation it's basically skipping frames.

But that's anywhere in the game, not just there. Also, it kinda even out when you fast-forward but the loading time is also longer when you do that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Machias and Hubert from Tales of Graces are essentially the exact same character in different universes

Hubert.Ozwell.full.842372.jpg

Busaiku

I'm at like 7 hours and still around the start of chapter 1 (got on the train).
A lot of time wasted talking to everyone after every event.

Is there some trick to making money that I've been missing? I'm pretty dirt poor most of the time and can't really afford both weapon and armor upgrades. Should I be abusing septith vein more or something? I'm up to Chapter 4 and gear hasn't felt like a huge issue so far but it's a bit concerning.

pariah164

XSEED, you know what to do for CS II LE.
XSEED pls.

Seriously, I would toss so much money to get Blade card with the next game.

Is there some trick to making money that I've been missing? I'm pretty dirt poor most of the time and can't really afford both weapon and armor upgrades. Should I be abusing septith vein more or something? I'm up to Chapter 4 and gear hasn't felt like a huge issue so far but it's a bit concerning.
I feel the same way; I'm at ~1000 Mira and feel dirt poor.

I'm really enjoying the character interaction in this game. Another touch that appeals to me is that all the NPCs are actually different people with names and individual character models. It's a lot less lazy compared to other JRPGs.

Thanks Dio for talking me into getting this game.

P.S. To those who need to make some money... one thing I've noticed is that you can abuse cooking. If you buy a bunch of eggs and rock salt you can have Elliot craft a ton of Simple Omelets and sell them. Repeat. Make sure it's Elliot btw. He makes the best ones.

bomblord1

Banned
Just picked this up and one thing that has stuck out to me so far is the quality of the English voices A+ on that good job Xseed

Shizuka

Another tip, don't ignore breakable objects. They may not always drop items, but there were a lot of times it dropped something similar or slightly better than even the chests in that area.

flowsnake

Chapter 3 is a pain. I hope this is the only area that has this scale, it just takes too long to get around and exacerbates the fact that I'm mostly doing fetch quests.

I'm not done with the chapter, and Plot Stuff finally happened though, so things are looking up.

Droplet

Chapter 3 is a pain. I hope this is the only area that has this scale, it just takes too long to get around and exacerbates the fact that I'm mostly doing fetch quests.

I'm not done with the chapter, and Plot Stuff finally happened though, so things are looking up.

I didn't really think
dashing the whole way with the horses took too long. The only thing that was maybe a little annoying was trying to look for treasure.

I honestly did not know who Carrie Keranen was before, but between her work as Lailah and now Sara, she's becoming one of my favorites. It helps that I love those 2 characters.

Oh man, I never made the connection!

Hmm, I'm only in the first chapter and I've already found three book chapters, and they're so much longer than the chapters from previous games are. I guess this book is a lot more involved.

Currently in chapter 4 and all I can say so far is that.....I feel like I am missing so much from the bigger picture.

Having not had a chance to play TC, Ao, and Zero every time a special person's name comes up, or we are introduced to a new mysterious person I keep thinking to myself, "Were they in TC/Zero/Ao? What am I missing here. There is probably oodles of hidden meanings to the scene." For example the
bracer in chapter 2 just had me almost throwing shit at the TV. I know he had to have shown up before this game. Then he makes reference to a couple from a foreign land which one could only assume was either Estelle and Joshua or maybe the main character couple from TC.

I just fucking hate it. Really wish I hadn't opened this game now but am committed to play until the end just in the hopes that maybe one day before I die we get the other three prequels.

Shizuka

Currently in chapter 4 and all I can say so far is that.....I feel like I am missing so much from the bigger picture.

Having not had a chance to play TC, Ao, and Zero every time a special person's name comes up, or we are introduced to a new mysterious person I keep thinking to myself, "Were they in TC/Zero/Ao? What am I missing here. There is probably oodles of hidden meanings to the scene." For example the
bracer in chapter 2 just had me almost throwing shit at the TV. I know he had to have shown up before this game. Then he makes reference to a couple from a foreign land which one could only assume was either Estelle and Joshua or maybe the main character couple from TC.

I just fucking hate it. Really wish I hadn't opened this game now but am committed to play until the end just in the hopes that maybe one day before I die we get the other three prequels.

You know what? I completely agree with you. I played FC in 2011 and that was my last experience with the franchise until now, I get the feeling that all these characters must've showed up at some point in the past games. They'll even stress over an event that supposedly took place during TC (I didn't play that one, so it might be SC or even Zero), but you miss the context.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
In the middle of Chapter 2 now an Machias went from dude I'd figure would later betray the party to full tsundere o_O

I'm not feeling the lack of money since I grind plenty of battles but instead feel like I have way more quartz than I know what ta do with. Opening slots is expensive! It also sucks that the party members not with the current group ran off with the quartz they had equipped. No Forte for me unless I buy a new one an thats so not happening!

Top Bottom