• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

Dio

Banned
God, ya'll are fast. I know I'm late to the party, but I'm still in chapter 1. I'm taking my time; I want this to last a while, since ToCSII is probably a good distance away.

When I play a good game, I seriously can't put it down. Thanks to being on Vita I can set aside even more time to play it since I don't have to turn on the TV and PS3, I can just play it in bed if I want. Also, according to XSEED CSII will be hitting next year IIRC.

When I play a good game, I seriously can't put it down. Thanks to being on Vita I can set aside even more time to play it since I don't have to turn on the TV and PS3, I can just play it in bed if I want. Also, according to XSEED CSII will be hitting next year IIRC.

Same, thankfully I'm on break right now as well

Okay I know what to do- I'll play each chapter twice. Once blind and then immediately one with guide. That way I get to experience a play through that is uniquely mine, and then I get a play through that would get all the missable with a guide!

Why not just NG+ it?

Base on my recent history with games once I've completed a game (especially a long game like this) there's this tremendous inertia preventing me from starting a second run.

If I end a game, it's like I've close the book on it.

I could never get that second play through of P4G.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
So far in chapter 2 I am liking it, I like the locale and the whole subplot about the empire's class system and its various intricacies.

Also, I could see why this game is a nightmare to localize, every time a significant event happens each NPC has new dialog. Even changing from day to day the dialog is almost completely brand new. It is very cool to see basically everyone react to world events, it makes it richer and more fun.

Dresden

Base on my recent history with games once I've completed a game (especially a long game like this) there's this tremendous inertia preventing me from starting a second run.

If I end a game, it's like I've close the book on it.

I could never get that second play through of P4G.

Maybe seeing absolutely everything in a game isn't essential?

Same, but I work 40 hours a week :(

TR_

Out of curiosity, what carries over in new game+?

I always replay games if they have a good new game+ feature, a la Chrono Trigger/Cross, Tales games, and Parasite Eve.

Everything, but if you start on normal then you won't have enough points to transfer everything over. I think the only way to carry everything over is to finish the game on nightmare.

Taruranto

b35QdF5.png

Could
Anton
be the Grandmaster?

Got this last night on PS3. Really enjoying it so far. Been awhile since I've had a new turn based jrpg to play on a console. Really scratches that itch I was hoping persona 5 would this December. Let's just hope my old ass PS3 survives the experience.

Gu4n

It's not essential, it's just something personally that bugs me knowing that I missed out all these things that I could've gotten ^^;
Cold Steel 2 has a book series that can only be collected during NG+. The books don't count toward the Book Mania trophy, but contain information and together reveal a hidden scene worthwhile enough to justify a second playthrough.

omgfloofy

Banned
Final chapter spoilers
You realize that isn't technically the last boss?

But yeah, that fight was hard as hell

Yeah, I know. But I still call it the last battle since the other is kind of a bash your head into the wall until you get it right.

And yeah. It is. That was on Nightmare, too.

Spoiler for the same part:
I think one of my attempts on Nightmare lasted all of 5 minutes (or less) just because of terrible rng.

Sonwhat exactly is the point of the different lines in the orbment now? Do we eventually get quartz that can power up other orbs to help the mages be more powerful?

Sonwhat exactly is the point of the different lines in the orbment now? Do we eventually get orbs that can power up other orbs to help the mages be more powerful?

As someone who completed the game, no idea. I guess placement on a line usually is indicative of how much the upgrade will cost? Though that usually hurts the mage characters in this game

As someone who completed the game, no idea. I guess placement on a line usually is indicative of how much the upgrade will cost? Though that usually hurts the mage characters in this game

If anything it seems like a detriment since you can install multiple different of the same kind stat ups in multiple lines ie str 1 and str 2. Would mean Emma's single line is the worst orbment in the game.

TR_

Sonwhat exactly is the point of the different lines in the orbment now? Do we eventually get quartz that can power up other orbs to help the mages be more powerful?

It doesn't matter anymore since all quartz and master quartz give artes now. ENIGMA II was better imo.

If anything it seems like a detriment since you can install multiple different of the same kind stat ups in multiple lines ie str 1 and str 2. Would mean Emma's single line is the worst orbment in the game.

Single line means that said character will end up with one of the highest EP. Around 800 or so. Those with multiple lines end up with around 400~600 or something to that extent.

Also, multiple lines allow you to use different status effect quartz as well iirc

I like the monster design in this, especially the escapees-from-Crypt-of-the-Necrodancer turtles from chapter 2.

I've also been informed by my avatar that Crossbell is not said like "Croz-b'll". These games have many ways of making me not know any more.

Single line means that said character will end up with one of the highest EP. Around 800 or so. Those with multiple lines end up with around 400~600 or something to that extent.

Also, multiple lines allow you to use different status effect quartz as well iirc

So the advantage of a longer line is more ep but the trade off of less stats/status orbs on the character.

Also HOLY SHIT

Chapter 2

was not expecting to just see Bleublanc without his mask on so candidly

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I got 3 outta the 8 mid-term questions right. A solid grade F as expected of me! Multiple choice guessing games are hard!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Wow, I have to say the boss battle music is so amazing. I get hyped up just hearing it, because you know shit is going down.

What I do like about the game is that on normal mode (not sure about the others), the game has been tough, but fair. When you start out in a dungeon, you are at an extreme disadvantage, but level up a couple of times and the dungeon gets easy. Level up a couple of times more and the boss is tough but manageable.

Just started chapter 3 where I
take the midterm exams
, I really do like this cast. This is probably one of the best JRPG casts since Skies of Arcadia or Valkyria Chronicles. So happy we are getting a #2 next year, and hopefully #3 isn't too far behind.

Shizuka

I like how there is more
Xenoblade Chronicles X
in this game than you might think. My comparison in the Upcoming Vita Games thread was more than appropriate.

Shizuka

How is that a spoiler?

If you don't think it's a spoiler, maybe you just haven't reached that point yet. Also, just finished the game. Oh man, I totally get why XSEED announced both CS and CS II at the same time, with the sequel due out next year,
because this cliffhanger hits you ten times harder than FC

If you don't think it's a spoiler, maybe you just haven't reached that point yet.
Then maybe you should have put some indicator of when the spoiler is from. Random tags without context are useless and not how one should use spoiler tags.

Can I do the character note trophy on a single playthrough?

I'm a completionist so I'm running through my first time with a guide, and then I'll play on Nightmare to wrap up loose ends. I was just wondering if I should be hanging out with the characters that add character notes, or just the characters I prefer to fulfill that trophy.

If it can't be done on a single playthrough, I'd rather hang with the characters I like the first go around.

Can I do the character note trophy on a single playthrough?

I'm a completionist so I'm running through my first time with a guide, and then I'll play on Nightmare to wrap up loose ends. I was just wondering if I should be hanging out with the characters that add character notes, or just the characters I prefer to fulfill that trophy.

If it can't be done on a single playthrough, I'd rather hang with the characters I like the first go around.

It needs 2 playthroughs, you don't have enough bond points to get all the notes on a first run.

Bladenic

Please god don't tell me they're setting up (chapter 4)
another brother sister adopted relationship shit again. Estelle and Joshua were one thing, Rean and Elise is totally different. Ugh.

Please god don't tell me they're setting up (chapter 4)
another brother sister adopted relationship shit again. Estelle and Joshua were one thing, Rean and Elise is totally different. Ugh.

I don't need to have played till the end of the game or even CS2 to tell you this.

Elise's archetype (brocon imouto) NEVER WINS.

Top Bottom