• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

Well, at least we're on a new page.

As for Cold Steel related stuff:

I'm doing my second playthrough and god damn fast forward turns the game into a slideshow.

Yeah replaying the opening on vita to download my ps3 save I was stunned by how choppy it was even if it was really quick. Might as well have just included a pause -> scene skip instead of this awkward/choppy fast forward button.

At least this it was my fault for reading something I shouldn't have (I just saw the chapter 5 mention and moved my mouse), unlike the other times this thread has spoiled me.

D:

Sorry, tbf that's just personal speculation
though falcom has this no fucks given approach to spoilers based upon cover arts and trailers for other trails games so its probably right

Hikami

Just finished the game.. god damn, I need the second game now. Haven't felt this good about a game since Persona 4, loved it. Will be sure to replay it on nightmare mode once the sequel is close.

Can I take a look at the artbook from the Lionheart edition now? Or does that contain spoilers for the second game?

Lucentto

Banned
Just finished the game, 65 hours. Took me far longer than what I was expecting. Game was damn good, but that ending... CSII can't come soon enough, don't fail me XSEED.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The extra (non-DLC) costumes are a joke. "Rean's shirt"? It's the summer uniform with slight alterations. Elliott gets nothing. Machias gets nothing. Jusis gets pajamas. Gaius gets his native garb though, which is awesome.

Chapter 3 Field study , final boss fight.:

WHAT THE HECK

This spider , with his calling allies EVERY TURN , unless you confuse him, not to mention the poison, MOV DOWN , paralysis and that all area damage output.

This wouldn't be that BAD if this wasn't AFTER the fight where G was slowing me down and i was forced to endure a bunch of status effects already.

WHAT THE HECK?

I guess i should have understood that since the new character was LV 33 when i got her , i should have been at least LV 33 too , maybe ?

I guess that's my mistake , but i couldn't endure it anymore since that Open field was boring as HECK.

I'm NOT looking forward to this fight when i'll play in nightmare mode.

Chapter 3 Field study , final boss fight.:

WHAT THE HECK

This spider , with his calling allies EVERY TURN , unless you confuse him, not to mention the poison, MOV DOWN , paralysis and that all area damage output.

This wouldn't be that BAD if this wasn't AFTER the fight where G was slowing me down and i was forced to endure a bunch of status effects already.

WHAT THE HECK?

I guess i should have understood that since the new character was LV 33 when i got her , i should have been at least LV 33 too , maybe ?

I guess that's my mistake , but i couldn't endure it anymore since that Open field was boring as HECK.

I'm NOT looking forward to this fight when i'll play in nightmare mode.

Milium was also higher level on me and I fought a lot on the plains so I think she's just programmed to be above you. The fight was actually fairly easy due to how slow the spiders move using chrono drive on your party combined with Jusis royal decree buff combined with aoe crafts and spells caused the queen to mostly spend the fight spawning spiders that never moved before dying

So how long did it take to localize this game and when is 2 suppose to come our? 2017?

We were told the turnaround for 1 was roughly a year from start to finish. With 2 having quite a few less words than 1, it should take at most the same amount of time to get 2 out the gate. Can expect sometime in 2016 if everything goes alright.

Droplet

The extra (non-DLC) costumes are a joke. "Rean's shirt"? It's the summer uniform with slight alterations. Elliott gets nothing. Machias gets nothing. Jusis gets pajamas. Gaius gets his native garb though, which is awesome.

The extra costumes are just all the costumes people wore in the game that weren't swimsuits or
idol costumes
, so I think Alisa gets her lacrosse uniform too? It is kind of ass though, I might have gone with it if they were the uniform alterations I've seen in scans or just ALL the costumes, but nope. You don't even get the summer uniforms which you get during the game!

We were told the turnaround for 1 was roughly a year from start to finish. With 2 having quite a few less words than 1, it should take at most the same amount of time to get 2 out the gate. Can expect sometime in 2016 if everything goes alright.

Wait, really? That's...kind of disappointing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My guess is we'll get Cold Steel II right around when Sen III comes out, so that we can get spoiled inadvertently on several occasions once again. Then we'll watch Aeana, Shouta, Ryouga, Gu4n, omgfloofy and the rest of Japanese fluent GAF gush over how great Sen III is and how "it's the best game since Ao" and then they'll post a bunch of tantalizing black bars about Zero and Ao and Sen III and we'll be here like ._.

Just finished the game.. god damn, I need the second game now. Haven't felt this good about a game since Persona 4, loved it. Will be sure to replay it on nightmare mode once the sequel is close.

Can I take a look at the artbook from the Lionheart edition now? Or does that contain spoilers for the second game?

First half contains art from the first game. Second half contains art from the second game. There is a indicator that warns you when the art work is related to the second game.

Famassu

Hasn't CSII been worked on for quite some time already? I got the impression that the localization of both CSI & II was being worked while they were solving all the issues on TitS SC. Or at least some work had been done for CSII's localization at the time they announced the localization of both last year (like, the translation of CS1 was already (almost) done at the time and it was more about adding all of that into the game & QA and all that shijatzu, while CSII's translation was still incomplete but already had seen some work done on it).

Eh.. I def took longer to finish the game than most of you guys. It took me about ~85 hours. I even rushed and skipped the majority of NPC dialog in chapter
6 and the epilogue

Droplet

Well I mean less text doesn't exactly mean a short game lol. SC had twice as much text as CS I did and CS ended up taking me 17 more hours to complete than SC did (55 vs 72) and I did 90%+ of what was in each game.

I'm not really worried about game length, I just really liked going around and reading everything. Although I guess I admittedly wasn't too enamored with the in-game novels.

edit: is part of the reason for there being less text due to there being less dialogue paths from links? Are there links in the second game?

Zafir

It's a good job I have a backlog to play before this. Still haven't received my copy from VG+.

The funny thing is, over Christmas I had another thing coming from the US which shipped after it, and already arrived at the start of this week. x.x

My guess is we'll get Cold Steel II right around when Sen III comes out, so that we can get spoiled inadvertently on several occasions once again. Then we'll watch Aeana, Shouta, Ryouga, Gu4n, omgfloofy and the rest of Japanese fluent GAF gush over how great Sen III is and how "it's the best game since Ao" and then they'll post a bunch of tantalizing black bars about Zero and Ao and Sen III and we'll be here like ._.

Dude

So many event and namedrops in chapters 5-6

Its really bumming me out that i only have SC for context here

SolVanderlyn

Dude

So many event and namedrops in chapters 5-6

Its really bumming me out that i only have SC for context here
At the same time it's kind of cool that way, though, because we're experiencing it the same way that the characters are.

Machias as a character is bringing the game down for me. Sure I'm still on the second chapter and I'm sure he gets better but with 14hrs of this, I'm growing tired of his shtick.

SolVanderlyn

Machias grew on me a lot, shame he remained mostly useless in battle as far as I can tell.
I did just about every festival event with him, lol

Machias is great. :(

But good news for you, he's not in the next chapter.

Oh phew thank goodness lol. I was afraid that
I'd have to go on a field trip with him and Jusis while they were still fighting with one another, and sure enough it had to happen lol

Xeteh

Machias grew on me a lot, shame he remained mostly useless in battle as far as I can tell.

Juggler master quartz and as many status effects as you can put on him. Petrification Shell and everything is infected with something!

Droplet

He's great for debuffing (
especially petrification shell, since the probability of it landing is so high
) and from what I can tell has the best area range for attacking multiple enemies at once. Think Tita, but he can actually hit things. The debuffs don't work on every boss, but
his time break craft is pretty worth it. His default master quartz also lets him withstand one KO and keep his CP, which is nice for recovery in tight spots.
I also put a bunch of healing stuff on him and had him on standby for pinches.

(final chapter)
His festival events are totally the best too. The way his brand of sarcasm is translated makes him sound like a more eloquent Estelle at times. And the fact that every event seemed to end with "you know, we get along well so maybe..." is so great.

Jiraiza

No worries, I'll be there to complain some more about how the harem elements bring down a what-should be an overall great game!

CrazyDude

CS2 speculation and end game spoilers for CS1
I get this feeling the chancellor didn't die. They never outright say he is dead.

No worries, I'll be there to complain some more about how the harem elements bring down a what-should be an overall great game!
Agreed.
espcially if Rean uses the power of friendship to "save" C from his evil ways.!
end game spoiler
I get this feeling the chancellor didn't die. They never outright say he is dead.
Also agreed.

End game spoilers for Sky SC/Cold Steel 1

Considering the build up for Osborne as Olivier's rival and how he's linked to Ouro oros just as much as Crow is, no way he's dead.

CrazyDude

End game spoilers for Sky SC/Cold Steel 1

Considering the build up for Osborne as Olivier's rival and how he's linked to Ouro oros just as much as Crow is, no way he's dead.

If he is alive, I doubt Crow knows. Also they never gave a reason for Rean's chest acting up whenever Osborne is near by.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Looking at the screenshots, it is obvious that the game isn't running at the PS Vita's native resolution.

Out of curiosity, what is the native resolution of the PS Vita game since it is running at sub 540p?

PS: I saw the plot twist about a certain radio host
Misty is the opera singer
, a mile away looking at the official art,

Looking at the screenshots, it is obvious that the game isn't running at the PS Vita's native resolution.

Out of curiosity, what is the native resolution of the PS Vita game since it is running at sub 540p?

On that note, does anyone know if the PS3 version is 720p or 1080p?

Xeteh

So I used Fie as an evasion tank for the Chapter 6 end boss and decided to try it with Gaius in the Final Chapter area. Just started and this is on NG+ on Nightmare but with the Chevalier Master Quartz on Gaius has 12.1k HP with 70% EVA. Looking forward to seeing how this works.

I am so fucking stupid. I just got around to upgrading my weapons midway through chapter 2.

Felt like a freaking idiot and couldn't understand why I was doing so little damage to trash monsters in the field.

Droplet

Whoa, loaded up a save from (final chapter)
the festival to look at something, went back to the title, and everyone on the train was in their concert clothes with decorations behind them.
:O I didn't think it would change for that!

This is why you're not supposed to look at the official art before playing :V

Xeteh

That really isn't a big deal, so don't worry about it.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
This is why you're not supposed to look at the official art before playing :V

Um....no.

I always look at character art and I put two and two together. This game is not the first and it won't be the last I do it. In the grand scheme of things, it is is a small bullet point in the game world.

That really isn't a big deal, so don't worry about it.

Yeah, but it was funny I figured it out even before I played the game.

CrazyDude

Waiting for the next game to come out is going to suck. I have been spoiled by having two trails game released so close to each other.

The English only was a boner killer, but I'm still getting this with my Christmas money. Yay!

You could play without voices, the game isn't particularly cinematic to be a bother.

Top Bottom