• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Astral Dog

Something to think about is... I mean, BOTW's open world size and quality is apparently insane, so where do you go from there?

If the next one was also another huge open world but perhaps in a different setting, would people still find it derivative or too samey of BOTW? It's not a Skyward situation where the last game divided people on the direction of the environments; I wager the majority will really like the open world here.

So again, where do they go after this? I'm almost sure the next one will be a handheld or handheld-like installment because it's going to be another while until the next "major" one and we'll likely see more Zelda games ala Link Between Worlds, but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with for the next main one.
after five years BotW biggest Zelda game ever is not even out yet and we already deep speculating about the next one gotta love Gaf :p

JaseMath

Every time I watch the January 13th trailer, I see the first 7 seconds of water and think of that Wind Waker quote from Ganon:
"I can see this girl's dreams. Oceans... oceans..."

047.png

Also, the prologue in WW says that the hero—garbed in green—did not appear. Maybe the green tunic isn't in BotW after all...

I LOVE SPECULATION. It just fuels my hype!

Dude I would absolutely lose my shit if we can tame and mount a big cat or a flying animal

I think flying is pretty likely. The world is already built for 100% vertical accessibility with the climbing mechanic and glider, so I would not be surprised to see some kind of end-game flying mount.

Oh man oh man oh man

Caelus

Also, the prologue in WW says that the hero did not appear. Maybe the green tunic isn't in BotW after all...
I LOVE SPECULATION. It just fuels my hype!

There are "green tunics" in the game, and not just the kinds you dye or happen to be colored green.

I think flying is pretty likely. The world is already built for 100% vertical accessibility with the climbing mechanic and glider, so I would not be surprised to see some kind of end-game flying mount.

Oh man oh man oh man

I just want the level of freedom that XCX provided in this world. Flying around in your Skell felt so liberating.

OMG what if there are flying enemies as well. AHHHH

I know it won't happen but with everything Breath of the Wild seems to achieve I would be quite satisfied if this was the last Zelda installment. I don't know how they can possibly top it. Just thinking about the next installment feels weird, I have no idea where they would even start.
The last Zelda is like the first Zelda, how fitting would that be.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I think the freaking Korok puzzles are actually the thing I'm most looking forward to, given by what we know of them so far. I love, love, love exploring, give me hidden rewards for doing this and I'm in. Hoping they'll be intertwined with some cool GW2-style jumping puzzles as well.

Guys, we are what, 4 and 1/2 days away (give or take some hours depending on where you are) from Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Is your hype level rising? Mine is now, as we approach release.
I'm finishing Fire Emblem PoR (2 more chapters), and watching every film on my DVR so that BOTW can consume me with no distractions.

13ruce

Banned
Guys, we are what, 4 and 1/2 days away (give or take some hours depending on where you are) from Zelda Breath of the Wild.

I'm becoming insane lol, playing through Twilight Princess to get 20 hearts for Wolf Link.

I'm even considering a BotW Princess Zelda tattoo but i am being rational and i will first complete the game and wait for more fan art to come out. I already have a imp midna and wolf link tattoo:p if i do end up getting it it will really be the last one this time.

LotusHD

Banned
Took the words right out of my mouth. This is just a really ridiculous thing to say but I bet its how so many people feel

What has me in awe is that I've been half-jokingly saying it'll be a GOTY contender, but truthfully, I knew I obviously had to keep that hype in check. That for all the polish Zelda games have, it's far too soon to feel that way. That it's this huge open world, maybe they'll find it tiring like the majority of its contemporaries. And yet now we have these previews and reviews (that elusive Edge 10 tho) saying more or less that we're absolutely right to be this hyped, that some of us may actually not be hyped enough .

And to that I say... "Well damn."

kunonabi

There are "green tunics" in the game, and not just the kinds you dye or happen to be colored green.

Yeah, but so far they are just fanservice extras aren't they? Still no word on BotW Link actually getting a canon Hero's green tunic for himself.

Charamiwa

Banned

This is all I can think about. This is getting stupid.

I don't even care about the Switch anymore, just Zelda.

The Third Heat

Neo Member
My hype for this is unreal. No other game interests me at all right now. I find this thread more entertaining than my favorite TV shows at the moment. Trying hard to keep my expectations in check but each new gif that shows up here is just fueling the hype train even more.

I love this so much.

My hype for this is unreal. No other game interests me at all right now. I find this thread more entertaining than my favorite TV shows at the moment. Trying hard to keep my expectations in check but each new gif that shows up here is just fueling the hype train even more.

I love this so much.
Right? I just can't play games or watch movies or shows right now. Hype's just hype atm.

What happened to bish?

He hasn't posted since December and is no longer an admin or mod, but he is not banned. No more info available than that.

Did he? From what I remember he said there are green clothes/tunics in the game but he seemed pretty coy about confirming the green tunic was.

Yeah, it was in GameInformer's amusing rapid-fire question/answer video with Aonuma and Miyamoto, if memory serves.

Astral Dog

I think Ganondorf will have a forgotten child in the next one, a rebel who doesn't follow his fathers footsteps because he falls in love with a good girl kinda like jake from RE6
he can be be nicknamed Son of Ganon

Felensis

Banned
Im at critical mass. I cant play anything else or even watch any shows cause all i think about is wanting to play this game.

This! My Xbox One collects dust for nearly 2 weeks now (since I've finished RE7) just because I can't bring myself to play anything else than Breath of the Wild.

This is all I can think about. This is getting stupid.

I don't even care about the Switch anymore, just Zelda.
Ditto, I was going to get it during the Holidays but now I don't want anything spoiled so it's day 1 for me which makes this the first console I buy at launch. Worth it for this game, which may dethrone Metroid Prime as my favourite game. Holy shit, I'm shivering as I write.

Fanuilos

Yeah, it was in GameInformer's amusing rapid-fire question/answer video with Aonuma and Miyamoto, if memory serves.
No, not there. They asked if Link can wear green.

Just one of several articles where he was quoted saying as such.

http://nintendoeverything.com/links-green-tunic-is-in-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/
Ehh, english fansite reporting on a french interview? Not a completely reliable source. Should be easy to come up with another one though if there are several though.

Top Bottom