• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Uh, I'm pretty sure that's a dude.

...or Steven Tyler

steven_tyler_-_aerosmith-600x759.jpg

Actually, I think this may be a part of the DLC difficulty mode. I think the difficulty mode will be like Dark Souls in that death will cost you. I can see losing permanently all weapons lost during a battle being one of the main costs.

Tedious maybe. But, isn't Dark Souls tedious ? (I don't know, it was too hard for me so I didn't get very far 😭).
Dark Souls isn't too tedious, you lose the Souls you collected when you die but you get a chance to pick them up again. The games also full of shortcuts you can open to make journeys to the next boss shorter and easier.

Caelus

Ok guys, I watched a leaked cutscene and my hype is reaching critical mass.

I'm just gonna say that I'm looking forward to playing through the story, and the previewer's impressions of the narrative seem on point.

sinxtanx

you guys think there is any money in making an "unskewed metacritic" sort of tool where you can discredit reviewers you don't like to get the metacritic top ten the world deserves?

a tool for complete tools

Jobbs

Banned
I think we're looking at a 95+ meta -- Not only because the game is likely very good, but a lot of reviewers around right now grew up with OOT and probably feel there'd be something appropriate about giving this game a perfect score.

ALso I wish the switch pro controller had a headphone jack. :( What gives

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Lol. No way a 97 in today's grading system. 94 is probably where it will be and that's amazing considering how harsh reviewers are today compared to last gen. A 94 would be like a 96 then.
There haven't been any games this gen that deserve a 95+ score, it's not just reviewer harshness.

If Shadow of War is a 2017 release, that's that for BotW being GOTY on mainstream websites.

Still salty about how hard Nintendo got snubbed in 2014.

llehuty

I think the +95 meta score dream is dead in the current landscape, you know some outlet is going to drop a really bad score to get some additional clicks.

It doesnt matter if it gets a 95-97

The thread is going to be about that one negative review or Horizon.

Good thing the game comes out the next day and we will be in the Zelda OT

Preview rules said first 5 hours specifically could be detailed. The rest must wait for the review embargo.

yeah but usually a bunch of tweets say at least the general feeling. they don't have to talk about what happens after 5 hours to talk about how they feel about what happens after 5 hours

95 on the nose. There's no doubt in my mind that this will be the highest rated game of the generation. It seems to be blowing everyone away too many times. But it won't be perfect and some reviews will accentuate those imperfections.

It doesnt matter if it gets a 95-97

The thread is going to be about that one negative review or Horizon.

Good thing the game comes out the next day and we will be in the Zelda OT

That's why it's not getting a 97. There will be one or two reviews that will post a "bad" score that people will focus on forever in the review topic. In today's day there are just people (reviewers) who want attention and sadly that's by posting a low score.

Top Bottom