• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Dystify

I know the review thread isn't gonna be around for long since it most likely launches the same day as the OT, but would you like a special name for it? I see a lot of complaints about my current naming conventions haha.

I don't really wanna name it "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Review Thread".

Also, if you can come up with a better name for the spoiler thread I'll PM a mod to change it.

I know the review thread isn't gonna be around for long since it most likely launches the same day as the OT, but would you like a special name for it? I see a lot of complaints about my current naming conventions haha.

I don't really wanna name it "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Review Thread".

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: SPOILER: Its A Review Thread

Man, I feel sorry for you and this fanbase. Kind of shames to be a Nintendo fan because of people like you. But I'm not wasting my time here. Keep on throwing the drivel. Doesn't really factor in for me.

But again,

if you can't take an opinion and are too sensitive to someone else's views... don't post honey.

Off topic, but the more footage I watch the more I feel like Breath of the Wild is the most perfect and poetic subtitle they could have come up with (lol anyone remember the rumour of it being "shards of darkness") The landscape reminds me so much of SotC and the small animals that lived there.

TrueBlue

Figured the Nintendo defense force would come up. Didn't realize they'd come up so fast. Why are you people so insecure?

Lol

For the record, I have every Nintendo system and own every Zelda game. Learn to digest someone elses opinion.

Eh? They're just pointing out the contradiction.

Lol it's not getting a 95+

I'm gonna say 90-93. Anything lower I can see happening too since this Zelda is more of a wildcard than others. And no, Edge giving it a 10 means nothing. Edge is biased over Zelda and anything Nintendo. While I do respect Edge...in terms of Nintendo reviews? Sorry, they're full of shit. Probably the most biased publication I've seen for one company aside the dozens of Nintendo centric publications that are obviously biased. After SS getting a 10, I'm not taking Edge seriously.

Regardless, I'm glad Horizon and Nioh nailed a 9. Haven't played Horizon yet but Nioh definitely deserved that 9. I'll judge Horizon in only one more day and Zelda in a few more days myself. Horizon is the only one I was paying attention to in terms of reviews. Zelda reviews are irrelevant since people are biased and give Zelda a pass just for being Zelda. I'm not judging Zelda from reviews. I'll judge it myself.

Guess you won't be taking Eurogamer, IGN, Wired, VideoGamer, or GameCentral seriously either. I mean, if you're only going to accept BotW reviews from outlets that didn't gush over SS, you've got like four or five to choose from.

Realeza

Banned
Figured the Nintendo defense force would come up. Didn't realize they'd come up so fast. Why are you people so insecure?

Lol

For the record, I have every Nintendo system and own every Zelda game. Learn to digest someone elses opinion.

Lol

Your previous post made zero sense dawg

Can we just talk about why this is a thing?

6a19351925390262b2e7ca4241bb894b.png

They look nearly identical. I bet tons of people are going to see the beginning of the title and think it's this thread and then get spoiled...

Come on mods.

I have clicked on it. It was a disaster for me. Terrible :(

I'm gonna say 90-93. Anything lower I can see happening too since this Zelda is more of a wildcard than others. And no, Edge giving it a 10 means nothing. Edge is biased over Zelda and anything Nintendo. While I do respect Edge...in terms of Nintendo reviews? Sorry, they're full of shit. Probably the most biased publication I've seen for one company aside the dozens of Nintendo centric publications that are obviously biased. After SS getting a 10, I'm not taking Edge seriously.

Regardless, I'm glad Horizon and Nioh nailed a 9. Haven't played Horizon yet but Nioh definitely deserved that 9. I'll judge Horizon in only one more day and Zelda in a few more days myself. Horizon is the only one I was paying attention to in terms of reviews. Zelda reviews are irrelevant since people are biased and give Zelda a pass just for being Zelda. I'm not judging Zelda from reviews. I'll judge it myself.
Of course... Horizon and Nioh's reviews are fair to you (not saying that they aren't good games btw) but Zelda is clearly not. Skyward Sword got a bunch of 10's from various magazines/websites, I guess if any of them give BotW a 10 as well it obviously won't "count"?

Alienous

Also, if you can come up with a better name for the spoiler thread I'll PM a mod to change it.

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild vs. Ocarina of Time - Title Fight thread"

Caelus

Man, I feel sorry for you and this fanbase. Kind of shames to be a Nintendo fan because of people like you. But I'm not wasting my time here. Keep on throwing the drivel. Doesn't really factor in for me.

But again,

if you can't take an opinion and are too sensitive to someone else's views... don't post honey.

You're being way too vitriolic over game review scores, go take a breather.

iMerc

Yes exactly, the beginning and the end of a word or a sentence carry the most weight, in this case it's hard to blame people miss clicking.

no it's not man. :)
just read the whole thing. it's not even that long.

people need to take responsibility for their own reading comprehension. you click on the wrong thread, it's your fault. lol.

It's not that. Your post went on about what you personally think about Edge, how they're biased therefore their score doesn't matter, and how you're more interested in Horizon. It just comes across like you want to be difficult and stir up shit. There's always someone downplaying review scores for a variety of reasons they deem valid, but people are just happy to see the game scoring well and posts like yours feel like a Debbie Downer kind of thing.

What's going to happen when/if it continues to get perfect scores? Because this sure as hell won't be the only 10 it gets. Like we go through this same song and dance, every single time, people calling out early impressions "they're always positive!" to final review scores "oh that place is biased, surely you know!" It's just tiring as hell. No offense, obviously. But this is why you're getting such replies.

giphy.gif

Realeza

Banned
Right now is fucking impossible to navigate YouTube. I get bombarded by BotW related videos and I'm a 100% sure at least one will have spoilers on the image or title.

Chao

Can we just talk about why this is a thing?

6a19351925390262b2e7ca4241bb894b.png

They look nearly identical. I bet tons of people are going to see the beginning of the title and think it's this thread and then get spoiled...

Come on mods.

Yes, I clicked on the wrong one earlier and some dude was writing a really nasty spoiler all in caps. It was too late when I realized where I was.

Thanks for ruining it for me GAF :/

Lol

Lmao at Nintendo defense force. You said it could be under 90 since Zelda is a wild card and I just posted the facts. You can't seem to handle it. If you want to talk about Horizon there's a thread for you to go to.

But again,

😂

Honestly I like review threads to just be called review threads. Misclicking won't cause problems, so.

The OTs are for fancyness.

But again,

Hey it's fine if you think we're overhyping this but trust me when I say that you shouldn't go into a preview thread expecting much sanity. I got hounded for telling people to relax about Horizon. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna stare at the wall until it's Friday.

Vibed

Lol I'm fine. You might need that breather though. Jesus man. Now I know why people warned me not to post your opinion on a Nintendo topic here

Come on that turning it around crap is just plain childish. I didn't have a problem exactly with your initial post, but everything after was too negative and hyperbolic.

Dystify

If there's no alternative I can ask a mod to rename the spoiler thread to

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - SPOILER THREAD".

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Do you just go to the last page or so? I even made the OP spoiler free and added some security so you don't accidently get spoiled.
Just PM a mod and ask them to add "SPOILERS" to the front of the title.

Hey it's fine if you think we're overhyping this but trust me when I say that you shouldn't go into a preview thread expecting much sanity. I got hounded for telling people to relax about Horizon. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna stare at the wall until it's Friday.

I'm not bothered by anyone overhyping it. You kidding? I'm stoked for Zelda. Looks sick. I was just simply saying Edge is full of shit in my view since they're biased over Zelda and anything Nintendo so I'm not taking their review seriously, and like you said, I got hounded and am now being attacked left to right...when I didn't even attack the game, just stated my views.

Not to mention the complete twisting of what I said in to try to make me feel vindicated. Lol Jesus Christ. This fanbase lol

But yeah, you're right. Best I get out of here. These people are not worth the time.

Yeah, I clicked on that spoiler thread on accident myself. Thankfully it was nothing too bad but I have no idea what's it like now. A name change would be great.

Right now is fucking impossible to navigate YouTube. I get bombarded by BotW related videos and I'm a 100% sure at least one will have spoilers on the image or title.

Those are just the worst for any game, particularly with how they tend to display the spoiler right in the thumbnail.

I got hounded for telling people to relax about Horizon. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna stare at the wall until it's Friday.

One thing I have no interest in doing is trying to quell anyone's excitement about anything. Let people be excited and happy about something. God knows after the last few months we need it. This is why people play videogames, as a form of escape. If someone is too hyped about something, that's perfectly fine. It may not be too much to them, personally.If the final product disappoints to someone? Shit happens. That's life.

But coming in a thread like this and telling people to calm down and that this score must be biased and that other games look more interesting? That's asking for some replies.

Lol

Lol I'm fine. You might need that breather though. Jesus man. Now I know why people warned me not to post your opinion on a Nintendo topic here

giphy.gif

So edgy.

Hey guys, who the fuck cares about Edge, of course they would give Zelda a 10. Btw great Edge review for Horizon and Nioh, good stuff Edge.

Caelus

Nothing in my posts indicates anger, just boredom when you invoked the Nintendo defense force. Obviously there's a defense force and people are over hyping the game, just chill out a little.

Edge y u so biased? I smell a conspiracy!

I'm not bothered by anyone overhyping it. You kidding? I'm stoked for Zelda. Looks sick. I was just simply saying Edge is full of shit in my view since they're biased over Zelda and anything Nintendo so I'm not taking their review seriously, and like you said, I got hounded and am now being attacked left to right...when I didn't even attack the game, just stated my views.

Not to mention the complete twisting of what I said in to try to make me feel vindicated. Lol Jesus Christ. This fanbase lol

But yeah, you're right. Best I get out of here. These people are not worth the time.
You're a victim.

wtf6.gif

Top Bottom