• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

FSLink

Banned
I have also clicked on the SPOILER thread on accident. I don't mind getting spoiled and have already been there before....but it would suck if someone who visits both threads thinking they are in the spoiler thread and accidentally posts a major spoiler in here. Right now the similar titles makes that really easy.

If there's no alternative I can ask a mod to rename the spoiler thread to

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - SPOILER THREAD".
That's good, but how about: SPOILERS The SPOILERS Legend SPOILERS of SPOILERS Zelda SPOILERS: Breath SPOILERS of SPOILERS the SPOILERS Wild SPOILERS - SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS THREAD SPOILERS

Anteo

I have also clicked on the SPOILER thread on accident. I don't mind getting spoiled and have already been there before....but it would suck if someone who visits both threads thinking they are in the spoiler thread and accidentally posts a major spoiler in here. Right now the similar titles makes that really easy.

I almost did.
That would not have been pretty.

Anyways, Gamexplain posted a very clear song from the game

It's super good.

Maybe I need to hear it in better context, but it says EPIC BATTLE MUSIC and... it's kinda rinky-dink. Like, it's not bad, but I don't get "epic" from it, and it's a far cry from the better battle tracks in the series.

It's fine for like... just battle music while you're out in the field, but I hope the boss tracks are wayyyyyy better than that.

TrueBlue

One of them was. The others are just straight attacking me because I said something, not even negative, but my own view on the game. People need to chill out.

With all due respect, I don't think any of the initial replies amounted to a personal attack. It was you who threw around accusations of insceurity and defense force.

Caelus

Maybe I need to hear it in better context, but it says EPIC BATTLE MUSIC and... it's kinda rinky-dink. Like, it's not bad, but I don't get "epic" from it, and it's a far cry from the better battle tracks in the series.

It's fine for like... just battle music while you're out in the field, but I hope the boss tracks are wayyyyyy better than that.

Here's a vid with some epic music from the game (no spoilers)

Why is zidanelucis bashing the fanbase? I'm reading through replies and I don't get why he's angry.

Some people just get really defensive. His reaction to my one word response was pretty funny.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
person 1: *Dumb comment*
person 2: "That's a pretty dumb comment"
person 1: "Help I'm being oppressed"

It's the standard battle music that plays when you're fighting enemies. Boss themes are probably much more epic.

Anyways, Gamexplain posted a very clear song from the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5NDp08ePVM&feature=youtu.be&a

It's super good.

I knew the dynamic piano direction would make for some good stuff but

I didn't know it would be this good.

Yeah most of the music I've heard from this sounds great, but that battle track was definitely... well, pretty weak and random to me. Fitting for very small, random encounters I guess.

Where's that GIF where the guy stands up and the GAF logo fades in when you need it?!?

(No, seriously, I love these moments where two posts with opposing opinions come after each other, lol)

Peterc

Lol it's not getting a 95+

I'm gonna say 90-93. Anything lower I can see happening too since this Zelda is more of a wildcard than others. And no, Edge giving it a 10 means nothing. Edge is biased over Zelda and anything Nintendo. While I do respect Edge...in terms of Nintendo reviews? Sorry, they're full of shit. Probably the most biased publication I've seen for one company aside the dozens of Nintendo centric publications that are obviously biased. After SS getting a 10, I'm not taking Edge seriously.

Regardless, I'm glad Horizon and Nioh nailed a 9. Haven't played Horizon yet but Nioh definitely deserved that 9. I'll judge Horizon in only one more day and Zelda in a few more days myself. Horizon is the only one I was paying attention to in terms of reviews. Zelda reviews are irrelevant since people are biased and give Zelda a pass just for being Zelda. I'm not judging Zelda from reviews. I'll judge it myself.

What??? It's nice you visit this topic for just saying your opinion. Don't hate of what is better, enjoy both...

Not getting a 10 is normal, it's impossible to get those numbers like years ago. Reviewers has changed and don't wanne give games to much anymore.

But, zelda is still by far the best game out there.

DNAbro

It's just says it's for some enemy encounters. I doubt this is boss music.

What???

Not getting a 10 is normal, it's impossible to get those numbers like years ago. Reviewers has changed and don't wanne give games to much anymore.

Remember all those 10s Tri Force Heroes got for being Zelda?

I dont see it getting a 95, but I wouldn't disregard a site for giving a good game a good score.
Hope I like it! The previews have been glowing and I love what's I've seen.

Caelus

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| Sitting in empty rooms and talking to walls about Zelda

LoZ: BotW |OT|
007_thumb.png

What???

Wow Nintendo defense force calm down. You must be the captain of the Nintendo defense force. Lol omg

/s

Dystify

I PMed duckroll for a thread title change of the spoiler thread to

(Spoilers) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - SPOILER THREAD

Let's see if he actually names it that or chooses something else.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I PMed duckroll for a thread title change of the spoiler thread to

(Spoilers) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - SPOILER THREAD

Let's see if he actually names it that or chooses something else.
That should be good enough, thanks!

I want to watch and read these so bad and I know I won't be getting this game anytime soon, but I feel like I'll still remember the footage and when I eventually get to play it, it won't be as magical. But only if I had some video games to occupy my time with. I want them to be a part of my life and I'm not sure what to do in the development side. I don't know what to do.

Draper

I'm wondering if the twist is like, you jump between different times- a period when Hyrule and towns were thriving, and a time where the lands are ravaged and reclaimed by the 'wild'.

One thing I have no interest in doing is trying to quell anyone's excitement about anything. Let people be excited and happy about something. God knows after the last few months we need it. This is why people play videogames, as a form of escape. If someone is too hyped about something, that's perfectly fine. It may not be too much to them, personally.If the final product disappoints to someone? Shit happens. That's life.

But coming in a thread like this and telling people to calm down and that this score must be biased and that other games look more interesting? That's asking for some replies.
Well, truth be told, BOTW is the first game I've been dying to play since ME3. That game completely killed my trust in AAA games with all its bullshit and made me feel like I wasted hours of my life replaying the previous games in anticipation. What's worst is that the indie masterpiece Journey, my favourite game of the generation, came out the same time and, later in 2012, the AA game Spec Ops came out and did moral choice a thousand times better than ME3. Ever since, I've refused to allow myself to be hyped and always be suspicious of what the big publishers say, hence why I never got on the NMS bandwagon. The fact that BOTW has made me break this oath is a testament to just how beautiful, surprising, mysterious and incredibly fun it looks.

Aldric

Why is zidanelucis bashing the fanbase? I'm reading through replies and I don't get why he's angry.

l don't get it either. He's a Zelda and Nintendo fan yet he seems really mad at Edge giving Zelda a 10 while he's glad Horizon and Nioh got 9s, this is really bizarre will this mystery ever be solved???

Speely

Banned
Really looking forward to playing this with headphones. The sound design is phenomenal. That's one reason I love the sparse but charming overworld music.

MTC100

Banned
I hope some preview will talk about the physic in this game, example from E3 footage for what I mean:

vtnO5Wg.gif

The player is at fault here, clearly. If anything at all this gif shows that the wood cutting is not scripted at all and goes through the physics engine of Zelda. Which is great, so if you're stupid enough to cut the tree the wrong way, like in that gif, then you are bound to die, serves you right!

Jobbs

Banned
Lol it's not getting a 95+

I'm gonna say 90-93. Anything lower I can see happening too since this Zelda is more of a wildcard than others. And no, Edge giving it a 10 means nothing. Edge is biased over Zelda and anything Nintendo. While I do respect Edge...in terms of Nintendo reviews? Sorry, they're full of shit. Probably the most biased publication I've seen for one company aside the dozens of Nintendo centric publications that are obviously biased. After SS getting a 10, I'm not taking Edge seriously.

Regardless, I'm glad Horizon and Nioh nailed a 9. Haven't played Horizon yet but Nioh definitely deserved that 9. I'll judge Horizon in only one more day and Zelda in a few more days myself. Horizon is the only one I was paying attention to in terms of reviews. Zelda reviews are irrelevant since people are biased and give Zelda a pass just for being Zelda. I'm not judging Zelda from reviews. I'll judge it myself.

I think it's getting a 95+.

Also Horizon is at 88.

Also Nioh is very bland janky and boring IMO. It's like playing an off brand knock off souls game

The player is at fault here, clearly. If anything at all this gif shows that the wood cutting is not scripted at all and goes through the physics engine of Zelda. Which is great, so if you're stupid enough to cut the tree the wrong way, like in that gif, then you are bound to die, serves you right!

Agreed, I love that it's physics and not some scripted tree lock in bridge crap

Wow Nintendo defense force calm down. You must be the captain of the Nintendo defense force. Lol omg

/s
Why do people actually make comments like this? It's the laziest and most annoying way to disregard someone's opinion.

"This thing is bad!"
"Actually it is has its merits"
"HERE COMES THE DEFENSE SQUAD".

I guess it comes from people who just want to hate on things and have no intention of being open minded.

Maxinas

I love how abstract it is, slowly evolving into more traditional battle music. Can't wait to hear the boss music.

In this video (note SPOILERS) , the guy encounters a rather intimidating looking boss that has a fitting theme.

Caelus

Why do people actually make comments like this? It's the laziest and most annoying way to disregard someone's opinion. "this thing is bad!" "actually it is has its merits" "HERE COMEE THE DEFENSE SQUAD". I guess it comes from people who just want to hate on things and have no intention of being open minded.

It's the same go-to argument certain posters make in Off-Topic political discourse, except with gaming it's even more fucking stupid because we should be able to enjoy a multitude of amazing games without needing to play console wars all the time.

phanphare

Banned
Why do people actually make comments like this? It's the laziest and most annoying way to disregard someone's opinion.
"this thing is bad!"
"actually it is has its merits"
"HERE COMES THE DEFENSE SQUAD".
I guess it comes from people who just want to hate on things and have no intention of being open minded.

yeah it's exceedingly lazy

I thought gorons were sexless but identified as male
Oh shit so the Crystal Gems from Steven Universe are the female versions of Gorons O:

I will NEVER understand this feeling

scha·den·freu·de
noun
pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

I'm not really champing at the bit to see it come review day, but I definitely understand the feeling of pleasure derived from seeing someone who's been so up their own ass and condescending about something get shut down and put in their place. That goes for both sides.

mugwhump

Yes please. 100x yes. I just clicked on it by accident and got spoiled major.

I'm scared. Can someone who's been in there tell me what spoilers are out there? Have major plot points been revealed? I heard yesterday that we know the name of the final boss now.

Top Bottom