• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

ReyVGM

Motherfuckers need to stop adding gifs of new stuff here. I didn't know Link could do that and didn't want to know.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Motherfuckers need to stop adding gifs of new stuff here. I didn't know Link could do that and didn't want to know.
I agree, at least just post an imgur link instead of plopping the whole gif here.

takriel

YES. Put that shit in the spoiler thread please. This here is non-spoiler territory.

Please don't post gifs with new stuff in here.

untitled-1wukbm.jpg

KrawlMan

I agree, at least just post an imgur link instead of plopping the whole gif here.

If you absolutely must share something that you personally feel isn't a spoiler, don't assume others feel the same. Link it with significant warning, but don't embed any images/gifs.

And if it's clearly a spoiler, don't bring it in here. I've already seen some pretty cool shit it would have been nice to have discovered for myself.

I was using this thread to enjoy the vague hints of greatness coming out of heavily embargoed previews and twitter comments. :-/

Kinsei

Banned
If you absolutely must share something that you personally feel isn't a spoiler, don't assume others feel the same. Link it with significant warning, but don't embed any images/gifs.

And if it's clearly a spoiler, don't bring it in here. I've already seen some pretty cool shit it would have been nice to have discovered for myself.

I was using this thread to enjoy the vague hints of greatness coming out of heavily embargoed previews and twitter comments. :-/

That's from an embargoed preview though.

There's on thing nobody is talking about when it comes to the sales of BotW. We all know Zelda has not done well in Japan. Console Zelda is selling less than it used to.

I'm hoping BotW will change that. With its openness and refreshing of the series (going back to its roots) I hope it will reinvigorate Japanese gamers and start selling great there.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is
a barrel and some chickens
really too much info? :/

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
By the way, avoid Reddit. Spoilers popping up like crazy over there.

RedSwirl

I'm one of those rare people who has been able to thoroughly enjoy every 3D Zelda game
except Majora's Mask
. I loved Skyward Sword.

I thought SS had possibly my favorite cast of characters in a Zelda game, great art direction, great controls, and great level design. In hindsight my only criticism is that the bird-based traversal was underused.

I don't know, I never got bored of the traditional Zelda formula. I always appreciated these games for their vast worlds to explore and and fun dungeons to solve. I was always fine as long as Nintendo kept providing new places to explore and new dungeons to solve. For me it was sort of like a Mega Man effect: I was okay as long as the developer kept providing new level design with the same rules.

JaseMath

Is
a barrel and some chickens
really too much info? :/

I think it's more about fans, having waited so many years, want to go in as clean as possible. It's not that
barrels
or
chickens
are spoilers per se, it's just that we'd rather get our first glimpse of these things in-game rather than unsolicited on GAF.

The preview thread should really be a safe haven for those of us who want to talk about what to expect, exchange theories, talk lore, etc.

Kinsei

Banned
I think it's more about fans, having waited so many years, want to go in as clean as possible. It's not that
barrels
or
chickens
are spoilers per se, it's just that we'd rather get our first glimpse of these things in-game rather than unsolicited on GAF.

The preview thread should really be a safe haven for those of us who want to TALK about the game.

People have been posting gifs from the preview videos all weekend so I have no clue why it's an issue now all of a sudden. Keep in mind that the gifs in this thread come from previews that are heavily embargoed in order to avoid spoilers.

Kjellson

I have noticed that in some footage the time isn't showing. Can you specifically turn that off? I thought pro mode and not pro mode was the only HUD options.

Seil

People have been posting gifs from the preview videos all weekend so I have no clue why it's an issue now all of a sudden. Keep in mind that the gifs in this thread come from previews that are heavily embargoed in order to avoid spoilers.

Yeah, this is the thing I don't get. This isn't a blackout thread, it's a preview thread.

I assure you guys the spoiler thread is on a whole different level.

Makai

I haven't been tainted by spoilers yet - my theory is
Zelda didn't go into stasis with Link and the scenes with her are just flashbacks. When you save Zelda, she's really old.

Yeah, I saw Westworld.

takriel

Yeah, this is the thing I don't get. This isn't a blackout thread, it's a preview thread.

I assure you guys the spoiler thread is on a whole different level.
There are people like me who don't want to watch anymore new game footage. So where else do we go?

Please be considerate of us.

LotusHD

Banned

Yea, it isn't the first GIF to be posted. Ideally yea, it'd be cool to find out about small stuff like that for yourself. But at the same time, if it was "spoiled" for me, I couldn't get mad. Different strokes and all I guess... Like I saw someone reveal a mini-boss earlier, that's something I know people wouldn't want to see.

Goddamn it—this is the shit everyone is talking about! I didn't know this and I didn't want to know.

Omg, this ranks even lower than the other thing for me lol

Seil

There are people like me who don't want to watch anymore new game footage. So where else do we go?

Please be considerate of us.

Here's the thing, though. There are people that want to discuss stuff that's free to discuss, because this is a thread about the previews. Those people don't all want to go diving headfirst into a super spoiler thread though. So this blackout type talk is effectively hijacking a thread and changing its purpose.

atr0cious

Some videos have been explicitly breaking the embargo. We're really not supposed to have seen anything that doesn't look similar to the great plateau.

Most are just asking for gifs to be linked. When they're embedded you have little time to process what you're actually looking at until it's too late.

Tyeforce

Why are people complaining about seeing videos and GIFs from generally non-spoilery stuff from preview content in a preview thread?! I get that everyone has their own definition of what's a "spoiler" and what isn't, but if you consider preview content to be spoilers, well...why are you in a preview thread? Why don't you avoid the thread instead of complaining about others posting appropriate content for the thread?

EDIT: Looks like my point was already brought up, guess that's why I shouldn't leave the reply screen open for awhile before posting, lol.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Here's the thing, though. There are people that want to discuss stuff that's free to discuss, because this is a thread about the previews. Those people don't all want to go diving headfirst into a super spoiler thread though. So this blackout type talk is effectively hijacking a thread and changing its purpose.
Yeah if it's in the previews it's fair game. If you want to be on black out it's your choice to come in here but no one should be complaing about spoilers in a PREVIEW thread. If you want to talk about the game don't be on blackout. If everyone were on black out there'd be none of the preview content to talk about and this threads discussion would basically be a community thread.

Why are people complaining about seeing videos and GIFs from generally non-spoilery stuff from preview content in a preview thread?! I get that everyone has their own definition of what's a "spoiler" and what isn't, but if you consider preview content to be spoilers, well...why are you in a preview thread? Why don't you avoid the thread instead of complaining about others posting appropriate content for the thread?

Maybe a super safe/media black out/ wake me up in March 3 thread should be made.

Top Bottom