• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

I never understood if this was a "joke" fight or not.

I mean, if this was real, why just doesn't the black dude punch forward for body hits? The other one is in the corner and is a big mofo, a bit hard to miss...

But it describes the spoiler dodging situation brilliantly.

What is this disrespect??? HDU?? Referring to Muhammad Ali just as a "big mofo". There was a reason he was known as the Greatest of All Time!

jk btw, don't take my tone too seriously! But yeah, it's an actual fight and it just showcases his incredible speed even as a heavyweight.

Completely agree with you though that it personifies the spoiler issues here very well lol I have mentally declared my intention to go in a blackout until launch several times this week and yet... I always come back...

Raab

Neo Member
Why should people who want to discuss preview stuff from the previews leave the preview thread and go into the spoiler thread where they will actually get spoiled, instead of people who don't want to see anything from the game not, you know, going into a thread where people are talking about previews of the game.

Found the person that wrote Lucky Number Slevin.

ASIS

I'm not sure how finding a barrel is a spoiler though... And people have rightfully pointed out spoiler warnings when linking to some preview footage on some who may have broken a bit of embargo.

A Barrel is nothing. There are a lot of barrels in the game, some with gunpowder in them to blow up, others just simple barrels.
How about we make it official, then.

Any footage that is not from an official or trusted sources should not be directly posted here, you can only post the link which gives people the choice to watch it or leave it.

So you can post gifs from a game explain video, for example, but not a random YouTuber, regardless of the actual content. I think that creates a nice rule that is easy to comply with.

Nanashrew

Banned
It's not a spoiler in the conventional sense, but at the same time, a game that is praised for its freedom and discovery usually suggests that the less that is known about the physics and mechanics, the more creative and engrossing solutions may be when you come up with them yourself.

What can I do with that barrel? Can I throw it? Can I hide in it? Can I roll it? You take away some of the discovery from someone when you detail it explicitly. Showing discretion by not posting gifs is a fundamentally basic task.

Like others, I'm just here for the endless praise and hyperbole.

But a lot of the praise and hyperbole has what you would consider to be a spoiler. All the podcasts for example discuss bits of their own player story and cool things they did with what they were allowed to talk about.

Lizardus

It's not a spoiler in the conventional sense, but at the same time, a game that is praised for its freedom and discovery usually suggests that the less that is known about the physics and mechanics, the more creative and engrossing solutions may be when you come up with them yourself.

What can I do with that barrel? Can I throw it? Can I hide in it? Can I roll it? You take away some of the discovery from someone when you detail it explicitly. Showing discretion by not posting gifs is a fundamentally basic task.

Exactly this. I am avoiding all other parts of the internet except this thread until the release for Zelda spoilers. It would be nice to have links posted instead of embedding the gifs.

Instro

then go to the spoiler thread

Great non-answer to my question....?

Who knows.. honestly it wasnt that bad. But the closer I get the less I want to know. I done made it this far without seeing some crazy stuff I dont want to see, I can wait a few more days and experienece this game like the reviewrs. I want what they got. They didnt see all this, they jumped in and got BLESSED!

edit: And yeah if its bothering people then just go in the spoiler thread. Idk how yall hoping between the two if I was in the spoiler thread I go in there and never come back lol

The spoiler thread has story content and other stuff that is well outside of previews. A lot of content for this game has leaked out, so no we shouldn't have to go there to discuss everything related to this game. It literally makes no sense to stifle discussion about a game to the point that we can't actually talk about the topic that this thread was created for.

Why should people who want to discuss preview stuff from the previews leave the preview thread and go into the spoiler thread where they will actually get spoiled, instead of people who don't want to see anything from the game not, you know, going into a thread where people are talking about previews of the game.

Apparently some people just want a hype thread where they get to read a bit of non specific praise and jerk off about "game of the generation" "Nintendo is the best".

That's not what this thread is for, and generic "hype" threads are banned on GAF. If this is how deep you want to take this then you might as well remove all directly quoted material in the OP and only link to everything going forward.

takriel

Can we agree to post links to gifs instead of just showing them here? This way everyone can judge for themselves if they want to see the content or not.

There, done.

Nanashrew

Banned
What do you guys even want to talk about if we're not allowed to talk about the game

Marvelous: Another Treasure Island, Eiji Aonuma's first game on the Super Famicom that came out in 1996. Though this was before he was married so he was Eiji Onozuka. It's very much like Link to the Past but a bit more slower paced and a bigger focus on puzzle solving.

Permanently A

Man, I have no Switch and no Wii U but I really, really want to fucking play this game. If I buy and play Horizon all I'm going to be thinking about is playing Zelda, I know it. But I don't want to buy a launch Switch, I'd rather wait for the inevitable hardware revision. Maaaaan.

Exile20

Man, I have no Switch and no Wii U but I really, really want to fucking play this game. If I buy and play Horizon all I'm going to be thinking about is playing Zelda, I know it. But I don't want to buy a launch Switch, I'd rather wait for the inevitable hardware revision. Maaaaan.

Gamecentral's:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/24/the-l...the-wild-hands-on-preview-eye-opener-6470487/

Some exceprts:

Having just completed it, we couldn’t help but think of Horizon Zero Dawn while playing Breath Of The Wild, and how simplistic it now seems compared to Zelda.

Think about this while you play Horizon

Branduil

What if we counter game info with false info, so it's impossible to know if you've actually been spoiled or not.

By the way, I heard that in BotW you can play as three different girl Links- at the same time!

Seil

Can we agree to post links to gifs instead of just showing them here? This way everyone can judge for themselves if they want to see the content or not.

There, done.

Sure, until someone clicks a link because there's no context because that context would be a spoiler and then they get spoiled and bitch about it. The fact is there are different types of spoilers, and different ideas of what is and is not a spoiler. There are things that are totally valid for this thread but some people consider spoilers. Many of those people probably shouldn't be in a thread about previews. The spoiler thread is a totally different thing. There are things that should be fair game here and the people who want to discuss those things shouldn't be expected to go into a thread with tons of seriously big spoilers.

Sure, until someone clicks a link because there's no context because that context would be a spoiler and then they get spoiled and bitch about it. The fact is there are different types of spoilers, and different ideas of what is and is not a spoiler. There are things that are totally valid for this thread but some people consider spoilers. Many of those people probably shouldn't be in a thread about previews. The spoiler thread is a totally different thing. There are things that should be fair game here and the people who want to discuss those things shouldn't be expected to go into a thread with tons of seriously big spoilers.
Yeah thats what im saying..

Hypothetically speaking of course:

Link in a barrel? Not so bad

A wild dragon living in the water? Wtf brooo C-H-I-L-L 💀💀💀

I'm at the point now where I hope I haven't seen too much of the game, even if it's reportedly like 2% of it. Therefore this will be last post for probably the next few weeks. I've waited too long for this game to have it ruined by my impatience. I will see you all after the storm has seddled.

Fuck it. Switch fully paid off and zelda preorderd. Fuck it. They got me. I said i wouldnt. I said id refuse to pay the outlandish AUD price. I said no chance. I said id get the wii u version.

They fuckin got me.

Fuck it. Switch fully paid off and zelda preorderd. Fuck it. They got me. I said i wouldnt. I said id refuse to pay the outlandish AUD price. I said no chance. I said id get the wii u version.

They fuckin got me.
KjhVel3.gif

ASIS

Speaking of which, when does Amazon usually ship consoles? This is the first time I'm preordering from them. Is it the same day or the day before?

ekim

Speaking of which, when does Amazon usually ship consoles? This is the first time I'm preordering from them. Is it the same day or the day before?

They will ship it mostly so you will get it on release day. I got my Xbox One a day before the actual release. Now I'm a prime member, so they will not send it out a day before the release which is a small bummer. With standard delivery they would probably send it out on Wednesday and it would be here on Thursday. (They want to make sure you receive it on Friday so with non prime delivery they will send it out earlier)

ASIS

They will ship it mostly so you will get it on release day. I got my Xbox One a day before the actual release. Now I'm a prime member, so they will not send it out a day before the release which is a small bummer. With standard delivery they would probably send it out on Wednesday and it would be here on Thursday. (They want to make sure you receive it on Friday so with non prime delivery they will send it out earlier)
That's still very good. Thanks for the answer.

Marvelous: Another Treasure Island, Eiji Aonuma's first game on the Super Famicom that came out in 1996. Though this was before he was married so he was Eiji Onozuka. It's very much like Link to the Past but a bit more slower paced and a bigger focus on puzzle solving.

He took his wife's name?

Everyone mock posting about being spoiled about the Switch release date or WiiU version are just coming off as assholes. Grow up and realize some people actually want to be surprised.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Im starting to get paranoid, I preordered my switch from best buy to pick up and they kinda take the money out of your account despite the preorder atleast thats what everyone complained about, and it confirmed when I called my bank and know that the 300+ was taken out.
and just a couple days ago i decided to preorder zelda from best buy just incase, but I cant help but feel like what if they did not, im running low on money right now so im scared if i go to my midnight event they will say i have to pay for it then or whatever but I wont have the money.

Top Bottom