• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Stolen image from Cartridge Games because I was too lazy to take it.

C54JLQ6VMAAvFop.jpg

Bomberman must be great!

These OT titles are so damn cringe :( will Franks Back Ngggghhhyyaaaaa ever be topped????

That was a stupid title for DR4 because it really didn't have anything to do with the game but a controversy that people created. Made the game seem even worst off that nothing else could be titled for that game. Titles should have something to do with the game at the least to be good imo.

Do people like "open your eyes" just cause it's in the trailer? It's such a boring tag and doesn't really touch on what the game is doing.

Open your eyes is great because A) it's essentially the first thing we ever saw/heard from the full game and B) it evokes a sense of adventure and wonder.

Open your eyes and look at this world Link!

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| It's dangerous to go alone. Now go.

|OT| It's dangerous to go alone. Sucks for you.

or

|OT| It's dangerous to go alone. Too bad.

LotusHD

Banned
Open your eyes is great because A) it's essentially the first thing we ever saw/heard from the full game and B) it evokes a sense of adventure and wonder.

I also low-key thought people liked it because it's shade against people who still aren't feeling this game lol

Honestly I think Zelda might be 150 to 200 hours if you try to do most everything major in the game.

My review is locked and loaded for tomorrow. And don't worry, as usual, I'm extremely spoiler-sensitive in my approach :)

Air

Banned
|OT| you see those mountains? You can open your eyes there

|OT| You can't eat the horses

|OT| There are villages

I actually may agree with him maybe....
Zelda may be up for game of the generation.
1-2 Switch sounds like a great party game.
Shovel Knight is critically acclaimed.
Fast Racing RX seems like A masterpiece of tech and design as well as great content.
Some other good indies.
Sky landers and Just Dance lol no.
Last is Bomberman which is interesting.
I may be over agreeing with him but at worse it's an ok lineup.

atr0cious

But that phrase isn't even exclusive to that game. Just feels blah to me. I do like all of the "dangerous" titles.

sanstesy

Yeah, open your eyes is probably the best one. It's simple, the first thing we've heard when the game got fully revealed and most importantly everyone will get the reference.

Honestly I think Zelda might be 150 to 200 hours if you try to do most everything major in the game.

My review is locked and loaded for tomorrow. And don't worry, as usual, I'm extremely spoiler-sensitive in my approach :)

Which is ridic. Spent that much time in TW3 and a great deal of those hours was basically me watching cutscenes and selecting options. Last gameplay oriented game I played for this long was Bloodborne.

_Clash_

Is it true that the english language is having trouble conveying the level of craftsmanship in Breath of the Wild?

Draper

Yeah, open your eyes is probably the best one. It's simple, the first thing we've heard when the game got fully revealed and most importantly everyone will get the reference.

Yep. It's clean, precise, poetic, conjures up many images of the reveal, and has a part to play in the game itself.

Still works due to the heavy inspiration from the first game, I feel.
I guess but I don't think most will view it like that.

As long as its not completely dumb like the nonsense SS one it'll be fine. We only get one new 3D Zelda every 4...5...6 years. Don't fuck up the OT title!

Not having played it but from seeing a few spoilers leaked by the strategy guide, my bet for average 100% time is 350 hours.

essenn

I actually may agree with him maybe....
Zelda may be up for game of the generation.
1-2 Switch sounds like a great party game.
Shovel Knight is critically acclaimed.
Fast Racing RX seems like A masterpiece of tech and design as well as great content.
Some other good indies.
Sky landers and Just Dance lol no.
Last is Bomberman which is interesting.
I may be over agreeing with him but at worse it's an ok lineup.

He was only talking about Zelda though

Top Bottom