• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom |OT| The Legend of Link? Tri Harder!

Robb

Gold Member
Probably best to spoiler the answers but what were peoples favorite bosses?
Skorchill was fun imo, although pretty easy if you have both the Ice and Fire wizrobe.

Speaking of bosses. What ever happened to Ganon in this? I feel like I missed something along the way… Or was the Ganon we saw in the intro also created by Null/an echo?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Probably best to spoiler the answers but what were peoples favorite bosses?
The last boss Null is my favourite boss fight in the game, I like how you are working together with Link to defat him, it kind of reminds me of Route C in Nier Automata when both 9S and A2 fighting to defeat that twin machine.

Without spoilers please, but will there be a more "permanent" way to resist cold, like in Hebra Mountain, other than carrying an Ignizol around (even if I summon two of them, they can't really fight for shit) or gulping down smoothies?

Hookshot

Gold Member
Skorchill was fun imo, although pretty easy if you have both the Ice and Fire wizrobe.

Speaking of bosses. What ever happened to Ganon in this? I feel like I missed something along the way… Or was the Ganon we saw in the intro also created by Null/an echo?
I used the bats myself.

They said at some point that Ganon was an echo, how or when he was taken we don't know. Presumably he's released now that Null is gone.

Hookshot

Gold Member
Without spoilers please, but will there be a more "permanent" way to resist cold, like in Hebra Mountain, other than carrying an Ignizol around (even if I summon two of them, they can't really fight for shit) or gulping down smoothies?
Braziers have an area to them, I just made a path of them and fought nearby. Enemies can break them.

Danjin44

Just summon fire echo and use bind to carry with you or make smoothly to resist cold.

Robb

Gold Member
They said at some point that Ganon was an echo, how or when he was taken we don't know. Presumably he's released now that Null is gone
Yeah, there is an echo fight where it’s obvious and they explicitly say that ‘this isn’t the real Ganon’ - which to me implies that the one we saw in the intro was indeed real.

Although the Ganon we see in the intro was never explicitly sucked into the rifts I guess (only the trident). So maybe we actually defeated him as Link before the rifts started occurring (?). But if that’s true and Ganon never touched the rifts or got sucked in, why would Null be able to make an Echo of him (?). All other NPC’s seem to have had to be sucked into the rift in order for a copy to be made by Null.

Danjin44

Yeah, there is an echo fight where it’s obvious and they explicitly say that ‘this isn’t the real Ganon’ - which to me implies that the one we saw in the intro was indeed real.

Although the Ganon we see in the intro was never explicitly sucked into the rifts I guess (only the trident). So maybe we actually defeated him as Link before the rifts started occurring (?). But if that’s true and Ganon never touched the rifts or got sucked in, why would Null be able to make an Echo of him (?). All other NPC’s seem to have had to be sucked into the rift in order for a copy to be made by Null.
it seem to me Null has been around for loooong time maybe at some point he did suck Ganon to the rift or copy him same way he did for Zelda (with dark clouds).

Robb

Gold Member
it seem to me Null has been around for loooong time maybe at some point he did suck Ganon to the rift or copy him same way he did for Zelda (with dark clouds).
Definitely. I guess that’s possible. Would’ve been nice to get some concrete clarification though. The ending fell a bit flat for me being all happy given that I assumed Ganon would be set free again when the rifts disappeared since we saw and fought the echo previously.

But I like that idea in theory. Would’ve been cool to see echoes of bosses/characters from ALttP or ALBW (or other Zelda games) just to take it a bit further and cement it though.

Danjin44

Definitely. I guess that’s possible. Would’ve been nice to get some concrete clarification though. The ending fell a bit flat for me being all happy given that I assumed Ganon would be set free again when the rifts disappeared since we saw and fought the echo previously.

But I like that idea in theory. Would’ve been cool to see echoes of bosses/characters from ALttP or ALBW (or other Zelda games) just to take it a bit further and cement it though.

Top Bottom