• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Xbro

What exactly are mature gameplay mechanics?

gmvPWxm.jpg

gamerMan

Jim is on stupid mode and has been for months, I fully expect him to shit the bed, not that his stupidity will make the game less enjoyable for me, can't wait to have the switch on my hands.

Yah if it's morally okay to pirate Nintendo stuff, it's just slippery slope to saying it's morally okay to lay a wet fart on a well received Nintendo's game.

LeG4ie2.jpg

All I know is that every time some new info was revealed there was a thread with thousands of posts and on Reddit the subreddit had balooned to about 150,000 before release

It was probably bigger than I'm giving it credit for, I just personally didn't have much exposure to the hype outside of a few GAF threads.

I'm sorry but horses being able to swim in a videogame is some next-gen shit. Nioh can't even swim.

From 6:30 to 7:00 I mean I can't believe I'm seeing this shit in a game.

LowParry

March is just fucking crazy. Starting with Zelda, then Mass Effect, then Persona 5 (yes, April, I know). And after those three, it's a choice of Horizon and/or Nier. Then to tide over those, June hits with Tekken 7 and Stormblood. How do I hold all these games?

These previews are seriously killing me though. Need the game now.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
You know what would be some real next level shit? Riding your horse off a cliff and then being able to use the glider to sail you both down.

Yeah but the no horse armor... come on that was two generations ago. One step forward two steps back.

In all seriousness the physics and environment of this game have me hyped.

You can craft tools and saddles for your horse, actually. the Rider Link amiibo specifically gives you material for it, if not an actual saddle. It's technically Armor :V

The weapon breaking thing seems meh to me though, that's a small gripe I have. I want to grow attached to my favorite weapons and iconic tools (grappling hook, metal boots)

Seems like this may be lost with flipping weapons around like baseball cards. Not sure I'm feeling it. Some of the previews says it encourages you to try everything but that's not how I play. I used like 4 weapons in Bloodborne lol, I like to use my favorites over and over, not try everything out. I do hope there's some rare repairable weapons & items, even if they are super hard to discover.

phanphare

Banned
The weapon breaking thing seems meh to me though, that's a small gripe I have. I want to grow attached to my favorite weapons and iconic tools (grappling hook, metal boots)

Seems like this may be lost with flipping weapons around like baseball cards. Not sure I'm feeling it. Some of the previews says it encourages you to try everything but that's not how I play. I used like 4 weapons in Bloodborne lol, I like to use my favorites over and over, not try everything out. I do hope there's some rare repairable weapons & items, even if they are super hard to discover.

there are some tools in your arsenal that don't degrade like the bombs

AddiF

Every time I see the Chuchu jelly... I think of Gamespot. Those eyes. 10/10 confirmed?

Ps. That horse in the water is amazingly adorable

Kinsei

Banned

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an unbreakable item for each category. I can't see stuff like the Master Sword or an iconic item like the megaton hammer (This isn't a spoiler, I'm just throwing out a hypothetical "super" hammer weapon) ever breaking.

Top Bottom