• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Busaiku

The Fire Temple was significantly easier than the Water Temple and even Jabu Jabu's Belly.

Well, it's the Water Temple next, I guess.
Back when I played this on Master Quest, I don't recall it being as difficult as some make it out to be, but that was 9 years ago now, so I'll see.

Did Master Quest (the Gamecube disc) have different dungeon designs or anything?
Can't seem to remember that.

Boney

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Cost me $340 just now to do it? :p All you bastards convinced to me to get a 3DS after all... :( Enough of my distractions until then, thanks for the help I got in this thread those who responded!
remember to give me your fc so i can check the funny status things

Poyunch

Damn just finished the Water Temple and went to Kakariko but I noticed my battery light go red so I pressed the power button. At least I saved before the boss room. I just have to refight the boss and do some stuff over.

watershed

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
Damn just finished the Water Temple and went to Kakariko but I noticed my battery light go red so I pressed the power button. At least I saved before the boss room. I just have to refight the boss and do some stuff over.

Why didn't you just save first? If the light just went red then you still have 20-30 minutes of play time in my experience. Only when the red light starts flashing do you really need to turn the system off. Even then you could probably sneak in a save.

Disguises

PounchEnvy said:
I don't think I've ever turned my 3DS off since launch. If it goes red battery I just put it in sleep mode - it'll still last hours until I can charge it :)

Luigi87

Busaiku said:
The Fire Temple was significantly easier than the Water Temple and even Jabu Jabu's Belly.

Well, it's the Water Temple next, I guess.
Back when I played this on Master Quest, I don't recall it being as difficult as some make it out to be, but that was 9 years ago now, so I'll see.

Did Master Quest (the Gamecube disc) have different dungeon designs or anything?
Can't seem to remember that.

All the dungeon puzzles are changed in Master Quest.
IMO, the Water Temple MQ is actually easier than the original, due to only having
one small key.

Poyunch

artwalknoon said:
Why didn't you just save first? If the light just went red then you still have 20-30 minutes of play time in my experience. Only when the red light starts flashing do you really need to turn the system off. Even then you could probably sneak in a save.
Cuz.

NEO0MJ

Dedication Through Light said:
What is the prize for the shooting gallary in Kakariko and is it a necessary plot element?! I cant succeed in this game.

A bigger quiver so you can hold more arrows. If you beat it a second time they give you a heart piece(I think)

Muskweeto

artwalknoon said:
This, really, it takes about three seconds to save.

bananaman1234

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone unlock master quest yet? Can you create more than 1 new save file with master quest? Is it linked to your original save file in any way?

What is the prize for the shooting gallary in Kakariko and is it a necessary plot element?! I cant succeed in this game.
Side Quests and Minigames aren't essential in the main game. They are fun rewards for the most part but outside of dungeons and what a main character tells you to do to get to the next dungeon the rest aren't neccesary to complete the game.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Just finished the Water Temple. The color coded passages to the switches were a godsend. The temple was still a little confusing, but only because there were so many keys that I kept missing. Now I'm either going to do some exploring with the Longshot or jump straight into the Shadow or Spirit Temple.

Lord_Byron28 said:
Side Quests and Minigames aren't essential in the main game. They are fun rewards for the most part but outside of dungeons and what a main character tells you to do to get to the next dungeon the rest aren't neccesary to complete the game.

Thank goodness, I just gave up trying for the bow and went straight for Fire Temple, though Im confused since I got the Bonero of Fire, seems kind of a pointless song unless Im supposed to be a kid in this fire temple, went on ahead so I hope it doesnt mean Im wasting my time in here. Game needs more context clues.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I beat it in two tries. :3 The gyro-aiming is so quick and precise it is frankly ridiculous. I remember it taking ages on the N64.

Roto13

Thank goodness, I just gave up trying for the bow and went straight for Fire Temple, though Im confused since I got the Bonero of Fire, seems kind of a pointless song unless Im supposed to be a kid in this fire temple, went on ahead so I hope it doesnt mean Im wasting my time in here. Game needs more context clues.
There are things you can do as a kid but it's not necessary.

Is there any reason not to look at the tutorial videos? I know you got a mark of shame on the title screen of New Super Mario Bros. Wii for using them. :p

My memory is pretty foggy but I can't really remember what use any of the songs before the temples are good for (pretty positive it's nothing).

Also most of the temples you can't do as a kid because I believe(could be wrong) but you cant use a lot of the items as a kid. You will need to be a kid in later areas but don't worry about it for this or the next Temple.

SmithnCo

The warp songs are mostly for convenience. Young Link can't wear the red tunic anyway so he's not going to be much help.

Seda

Lord_Byron28 said:
I can't really remember what use any of the songs before the temples are good for (pretty positive it's nothing).

Lord_Byron28 said:
will need to be a kid in later areas but don't worry about it for this or the next Temple.

Did you...answer yourself?

Note about one of the Temple songs:
Young Link can't get to the Spirit Temple otherwise to do his parts, so thats one useful song!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx

I'm afraid to know what that song does. :D

Anyway, the songs are just meant to speed up travel around the world. They're really useful if you are roaming around looking for Gold Skultulas or Heart Pieces. Or if you leave the dungeon early, are at Lake Hylia, and don't want to walk all the way back to Death Mountain. Again, they're not necessary, but they are much appreciated. (Plus, more Ocarina music is always good.)

olimpia84

I'm on a business trip in Miami so this was the perfect time for me to play the game in my shiny new 3DS for a few minutes but just realized I forgot the game at home =(
Stupid me also forgot the other game I have (Pilotwings) so no 3DS for me until this weekend =/

Seda said:
Did you...answer yourself?

Note about one of the Temple songs:
Young Link can't get to the Spirit Temple otherwise to do his parts, so thats one useful song!
I was just saying I'm not sure but I'm pretty positive most are useless except for that one. I just worded it weird, lol. I didn't want to say for sure because I haven't played this game in a long time and I only played it once. Replaying it on 3DS right now though.

Cynosure

the shadow temple boss, first one to kill me and repeatedly. I dont remember it being this hard.

I hurt one and, and the other immediately attacks. i cant get a break. It's too big to have a good control over it. I have hard time targeting the body at close range, and when I'm distant the damn hook doesn't hit and im stuck using that after quickly depleting my arrows. When it grabs me, it just does not let go. Im hammering away the buttons, so it can't be me. I refuse to think it's me. I dont suck

I now have to go back and bundle up with the upgrades I skipped.
i suck.

Roto13 said:
There are things you can do as a kid but it's not necessary.

Is there any reason not to look at the tutorial videos? I know you got a mark of shame on the title screen of New Super Mario Bros. Wii for using them. :p

Ive looked at a few of the VISIONS. They are sometimes just unhelpful or missing a key step or something. For example on the fourth ghost in the Forest Temple it suggested using a shield. I was like, how is that even relevant to defeating the ghost? Plus the videos are in rather low quality.

Man, I love and hate reading this thread. I'm very seriously considering to gouge my next aycheck and just buy a 3DS along with Ocarina of Time. I want to so bad. So bad.

Kard8p3

SoccerGoaliePro said:
Cynosure ,I like how you're posting as if no one here played the game. lol we all played it countless times.

We have to use spoiler tags because there are quite a few in this topic that haven't played the game before.

Muskweeto

isoku said:
Anyone unlock master quest yet? Can you create more than 1 new save file with master quest? Is it linked to your original save file in any way?
Master quest gets its own three save files seperate from the original, so, six save files in all.

Edit: It's like two seperate games.

There's a magic bean spot right next to the Death Mountain Crater warp pad.

Codeblue

I just got mine. Absolutely amazing.

I was starting to think I was just not noticing the 3D anymore because I was accustomed to it, but man did this blow me away. The boulder rolling around near the start of the game flinging grass blades at the screen was incredible.

And it looks amazing, the 2D trailers really don't do it justice. I'm really looking forward to reliving the game.

SmithnCo

isoku said:

So when you beat the normal game, you get three new save slots for MQ in addition to the three for the regular game. I don't think it's linked with your old files, at least not like Wind Waker's bonus quest or anything.

Crucio

Tathanen said:
I beat it in two tries. :3 The gyro-aiming is so quick and precise it is frankly ridiculous. I remember it taking ages on the N64.
This. I found the slingshot mini games to be 10 times easier thanks to the gyro controls. Its perfect!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lord_Byron28 said:
My memory is pretty foggy but I can't really remember what use any of the songs before the temples are good for (pretty positive it's nothing).

The ocarina songs you learn before each Temple allows you to teleport next to them. Which can be pretty useful when you want to quickly move around the world.

Link0080

SmithnCo said:
So when you beat the normal game, you get three new save slots for MQ in addition to the three for the regular game. I don't think it's linked with your old files, at least not like Wind Waker's bonus quest or anything.
What? I honestly don't remember this.

Codeblue

Dityrink said:

You play through in your original clothes and you can understand when the characters speak in Hylian. There might have been some other differences that I'm forgetting.

DrStiles

Dityrink said:

I know you could replay the game in your island cloths the whole time, so the blue shirt and orange pants instead of the hero's tunic. Not sure if it did anything else.

Top Bottom