• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

SmithnCo

Dityrink said:
What? I honestly don't remember this.

Like said, you could play with the pajama costume and some other stuff. It linked with your completed save so you could carry over those figures and maybe some other stuff.

Reknoc

DrStiles said:
I know you could replay the game in your island cloths the whole time, so the blue shirt and orange pants instead of the hero's tunic. Not sure if it did anything else.

The Hylian was translated when Valoo and Jabun spoke.

KarmaCow

Roto13 said:
So what do you get for killing 20 skulltulas?
The Shard of Agony. It's like the one from the original but you get an indicator on the top left and a sound instead of rumble when you're near a secret grotto.

Does anyone else think that the game gets better and better after the Water Temple? I think so because
first of all, Kakariko is on fire which sorta blew my mind back then, and Sheik for the only time goes face-to-face with an enemy, then the Shadow and Spirit Temples (and their bosses) and then the rest of the game happens
and it's like a series of more and more intense events, and you really get that "it just got real" feeling a lot of the time.

Roto13

KarmaCow said:
The Shard of Agony. It's like the one from the original but you get an indicator on the top left and a sound instead of rumble when you're near a secret grotto.
I'm sure I'll prefer it that way. I've never been a big fan of rumble. :p

I'm having a ton of trouble getting the Big Poe that shows up
when you go from Hyrule Town past the sign pointing to Lon Lon Ranch
to appear. Anyone else having any Poe troubles?

Link0080

Wow, I had no idea there were some bonus stuff to Wind Waker, if I still have my save I'll probably replay it.

Anyway back on topic, I just finished the Fire Temple and on my way to the shitty Water Temple! I hope it's less annoying now that there's quick access to the Iron Boots. Also can someone remind me what I'm supposed to do with the chicken I got from Kakariko?

KarmaCow

Just beat the Forest Temple and I was just wondering about a few things compared to the original.

-About the Forest Temple boss
or Ganondorf's energy ball attack, did you always need to not lock on to deflect it properly? Every time I tried locking on and swiping the ball back, it would miss him. It's been a while, but I don't remember that happening.

-Did they change the way stuff despawns/respawns? It seemed like if I dropped a bomb, and then didn't actually see it explode, it wouldn't break anything. Also, enemies seemed to respawn if I moved far enough away even if I didn't change zones. Again, it's been a while but I don't remember that happening.

-Is anyone else having trouble with quick spin attacks? I can usually get one off but trying spam it doesn't work.

-More of a general 3DS question but can the d-pad be used as buttons? It's kinda weird it isn't used at all here.

Dityrink said:
Wow, I had no idea there were some bonus stuff to Wind Waker, if I still have my save I'll probably replay it.

Anyway back on topic, I just finished the Fire Temple and on my way to the shitty Water Temple! I hope it's less annoying now that there's quick access to the Iron Boots. Also can someone remind me what I'm supposed to do with the chicken I got from Kakariko?

The blue one? The depressed carpenter's son you see in Past Kakariko at night has moved to the Lost Woods.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Edag Plata said:
I'm having a ton of trouble getting the Big Poe that shows up
when you go from Hyrule Town past the sign pointing to Lon Lon Ranch
to appear. Anyone else having any Poe troubles?

The poes all have a sweet spot that you have to ride over to get them to spawn. It can be annoying trying to find it.

KarmaCow said:
Just beat the Forest Temple and I was just wondering about a few things compared to the original.

or Ganondorf's energy ball attack, did you always need to not lock on to deflect it properly? Every time I tried locking on and swiping the ball back, it would miss him. It's been a while, but I don't remember that happening.

I beat him fine with lock-on.

KarmaCow said:

That never happened to me when I faced him in this version but I did have that issue in TP as well as when I played the original release of the game.

Roto13

I think you're right about the bombs. I hit one near the shop in the Goron Village with a flaming deku stick and ran off (because I didn't want to buy anything anyway) and heard the boom but when I went back, it was still sealed off.

KarmaCow

Divvy said:
I beat him fine with lock-on.

Lord_Byron28 said:
That never happened to me when I faced him in this version but I did have that issue in TP as well as when I played the original release of the game.

Hmm it might have been a distance issue then, thanks.

Roto13 said:
I think you're right about the bombs. I hit one near the shop in the Goron Village with a flaming deku stick and ran off (because I didn't want to buy anything anyway) and heard the boom but when I went back, it was still sealed off.

Yea that's where I noticed it too.

Luigi87

Ugh, if there's one thing I dislike about this, my favourite game of all time, it's
that bastard Hylian Loach... GET ON MY DAMN SINKING LURE!

Wow, Master Quest is brutal now. I nearly died in the Deku Tree, and I fell into the depths of despair when
a keese used a torch I lit with a switch to solve a puzzle to ignite itself and become a fire keese, after which it proceeded to incinerate my deku shield.
Clever girl.

Doomsayer

nckillthegrimace said:
Wow, Master Quest is brutal now. I nearly died in the Deku Tree, and I fell into the depths of despair when
a keese used a torch I lit with a switch to solve a puzzle to ignite itself and become a fire keese, after which it proceeded to incinerate my deku shield.
Clever girl.

That spoiler text is amazing. OoT is my favorite game ever and I'm thinking about picking up a 3DS to play it. I only beat Master Quest once so that is another motivating factor in this.

I just started playing Majora's Mask for the first time and it's incredible as well.

Edag: Try getting close to the sign at different angles and directions. That is probably the hardest Poe to find.

Divvy said:
The poes all have a sweet spot that you have to ride over to get them to spawn. It can be annoying trying to find it.

Yeah, but its just not showing up at all. I haven't seen it once. I've found others but not that one. It's bizarre.

hatchx

Banned
Doomsayer said:
That spoiler text is amazing. OoT is my favorite game ever and I'm thinking about picking up a 3DS to play it. I only beat Master Quest once so that is another motivating factor in this.

just started playing Majora's Mask for the first time and it's incredible as well.

I simply do not understand.

I think the dungeons are designed too well and intricately. I thought I was just playing slow, but it is just taking me greater than 4 hours to get through each one. It has honestly taken me over five hours to finish the Fire Temple. Regardless, I completed it with no difficulties and surprisingly no game overs. Im getting good y'all. The Subterranean Lava Dragon, Volvagia, was challenging, of my 7 hearts it left me with only three quarters left, its attacks wipe out so many hearts. IIts intro was cool though, its attacks way easy to avoid. On to ice!

watershed

Banned
3ds battery life has finally become an issue for me. I was in the middle of fishing when the red light started flashing. I managed to catch my fish, collect my prize and save before the system died. But now I have to wait a couple hours before jumping back into the game. The 3ds is forcing me to pay attention to all the paper work I've been avoiding.

watershed

Banned
Roto13 said:
If you really wanted to, you could play while it's charging.

I don't like doing that, I broke my dsi charge wire by playing while it was charging and I don't want to play with it in the cradle because I feel that only works for stylus centric games.

-PXG-

Spirit Temple at last. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably have the game beat by tomorrow night.

Also, Bongo Bongo still maintains his baller status. Shadow Temple can still eat a dick. Still gives me the creeps after all of these years.

Muskweeto

Don't know if I should spoiler this but I will just in case.
I'm a bit disappointed that the blood was removed from the well and shadow temple.

Pachinko

Sounds as though the rumors from the last few months came true- nintendo basically shipped pre-orders and a small amount of stock to make sure this game didn't get tossed into the bargain bin.

It sold out everywhere locally on launch day , I can't even remember the last time a game did that. It's probably been over 10 years actually. So the pressing question here is, how long do I have to wait for it to come back in stock ? I'd really like to use these 25$ in reward zone coupons.

watershed

Banned
Pachinko said:
Sounds as though the rumors from the last few months came true- nintendo basically shipped pre-orders and a small amount of stock to make sure this game didn't get tossed into the bargain bin.

It sold out everywhere locally on launch day , I can't even remember the last time a game did that. It's probably been over 10 years actually. So the pressing question here is, how long do I have to wait for it to come back in stock ? I'd really like to use these 25$ in reward zone coupons.
I bought one at a local gamestop on tuesday. They were sold out of their first shipment by noon monday but I called and reserved a copy from their second shipment that arrived tuesday morning. So I imagine many stores are already receiving their second and soon third shipments. What retailer offers the "reward zone coupon"?

kaskade

Got my 3DS today so I could finally play the game. I'm not sure if I like playing in 2d or 3d. Playing in 3d is pretty damn cool because it's like having a window into Hyrule. 2d looks a bit smoother because of the AA and I don't have to worry about the viewing angle. I've been switching back and forth so far.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Revolutionary said:
How do I get to the 4th and 5th floors of the East side of the Fire Temple? I see the platforms but I have no idea how to get up there.
scarecrow song

Kard8p3

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Man, everyone wasn't lying about the Water Temple. I'm close to just temporarily giving up on the game :/

You stuck at any particular part or is it just the whole dungeon itself?

Top Bottom