• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Kard8p3 said:
You stuck at any particular part or is it just the whole dungeon itself?
Just the dungeon itself. Even with the map, it's just easy for me to get lost for some reason. And then there's the whole raising/lowering the water thing...

Poyunch

It's really easy. You just have to know what to do for the Water Temple and memorize every room.

When the water is at its highest observe every room you can and think about what you could do when the water is below that.

I honestly don't know why I found the Water Temple so hard. I did it in one sitting and I never got seriously lost.

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Man, everyone wasn't lying about the Water Temple. I'm close to just temporarily giving up on the game :/

Exhaust all of your options with the given water level. Use the 3DS' game notes feature to note rooms you can't currently access/get through. Even if you have a key, don't progress through a key door unless you have checked every available room. And don't forget the boss key.

The Water Temple is very non-linear in its design but keep grinding out your options and make sure to use the compass to see chests.

Kard8p3

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Just the dungeon itself. Even with the map, it's just easy for me to get lost for some reason. And then there's the whole raising/lowering the water thing...

I'd try to stick with it if I were you. I remember being frustrated with the water temple on my first playthrough but I felt like I really accomplished something once I beat it. Plus you still have more amazing content left afterwards.

Mistle

I went to my local EB Games today in Australia. They said they're gonna start selling the game as soon as it arrives, which could be as early as tomorrow apparently.

I'll get some pics up of the Ocarina Edition tomorrow if that's the case.

Jackano

The OoT Water Temple is very like the 3 last dungeons in Majora's Mask. There is a somewhat linear path, a logic pattern to follow in the whole dungeon. If you aren't focused enought, and loose this path, you will be lost and here is where the problems starts. In short, you better do it entierely in 1 time.

For my part, I'm revising my advice on the women in Twilight Princess who give you vision of the hearts piece containers. Since yesterday I was thinking it spoil you from searching the heart containers.
Now I have 1 piece of heart missing in OoT3D and I want it before starting Master Quest, but even if I know the game by heart I don't know what piece of heart I didn't get. So there is 36 things to check with a list online. Not funny.

We were discussing sometimes on GAF on how the rupees system is useless (not too many things to buy generally in Zelda games), but maybe, later in the Zelda games, you can give many rupees (like 200 or 300 rupees) to a women in order to get a vision about the remaining pieces of heart. Later in the game don't spoil you, many rupees makes a good use of your money, and it helps you to get 100% more quickly in the end of the game.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Fuck this cocksucking fish-catching bullshit. I get the biggest fish in the pond on the line like 8 god damned times and every time it just breaks off the line at a random point for absolutely no reason.

Random internet jackoffs suggest that the rumble pack might tell me when to stop pulling on the stick to keep it from pulling off maybe I'll do that OH WAIT

OH FUCKING WAIT

Mistle

Tathanen said:
Fuck this cocksucking fish-catching bullshit. I get the biggest fish in the pond on the line like 8 god damned times and every time it just breaks off the line at a random point for absolutely no reason.

Random internet jackoffs suggest that the rumble pack might tell me when to stop pulling on the stick to keep it from pulling off maybe I'll do that OH WAIT

OH FUCKING WAIT
I can't remember exactly, but I think there might be a
hook upgrade that you need to catch the big fish.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Let me get this straight... (Dodongo's Cavern MQ)

I need to go all the way up and pretty much go all around the dungeon to be able to get to one specific Flower Bomb, pick it up, jump down with it to the lower floor, guaranteed to lose a heart in the process, to blow up a blocked door to get the Bomb Bag.

Somebody at Nintendo is a sadist.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Mistle said:
I can't remember exactly, but I think there might be a
hook upgrade that you need to catch the big fish.

There's the
sinking lure
but you only need it for
the loach
. I'm just going for the stock 15-pounder.

I just finished my 100% complete playthrough of the standard OoT mode (total time was just under 18 hours). I loved the 3D effect and am really impressed with the improvements made to the original game. The problem now is I'm too burned out to start MQ. I guess it gets saved for another time.

I have no idea how many times this makes that I've beaten OoT. N64 version, both GCN collections, Virtual Console download, 3DS version... And the best part is it gets better every time I finish it! This is still my absolute favorite video game. :3

Majora's Mask next year please and afterwards a third installment in the Hero of time saga by Nintendo and Grezzo
if we are lucky :(

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
UltimateIke said:
The problem now is I'm too burned out to start MQ. I guess it gets saved for another time.

Yeah I definitely plan on doing Master Quest later. I'm in the midst of a mini-marathon of sorts anyway, I'm gonna do Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (on the GCN for the first time) after OOT 3D, then I think I'll go back to Master Quest at the end if I'm not TOO burnt out.

hey guys I only have one bottle and others you can get as adult Link?

DXB-KNIGHT said:
Majora's Mask next year please and afterwards a third installment in the Hero of time saga by Nintendo and Grezzo
if we are lucky :(

Grezzo should just go ahead and start Majora's Mask what else could they be working on.

Smiles and Cries said:
I have 3 bottles as child Link already. Which one do you have? Just keep looking for dem sidequests.

And erm, Jabu-Jabu's Belly is somehow A LOT easier than I remembered. This was definitely the shortest dungeon for me yet. I was almost shocked when I reached the boss so quickly. The entire dungeon couldn't have taken more than approximately 10-15 minutes total.

Poyunch

Smiles and Cries said:
You can get one for hunting down all the Giant Poes in Hyrule Field but that's basically it.

All the others you find as Young Link. You get one for gathering all the Cuccos in Kakariko, one by talking to Talon and playing his Cucco game in Lon Lon Ranch, and one that contained Ruto's Letter (which you have).

Water Temple wasn't nearly as aggravating as I've heard it to be. The boss was pathetically easy, there was some backtracking but nothing felt too difficult. Forest Temple was honestly more trouble.

22 hours in now, more than three times the amount of time put into Super Street Fighter IV. Can't put this game down.

SmithnCo

Smiles and Cries said:

You need Epona and the bow to get the only Adult Link bottle. Look around
Kakariko and Lon-Lon Ranch
for sidequests as Young Link for the others.

Edit- Beaten

Necromanti said:
I have 3 bottles as child Link already. Which one do you have? Just keep looking for dem sidequests.

Oh just
Rito's Letter... I forgot to do Lon Lon ranch super chicken game and the chicken lady stuff was annoying me... I guess I'll go do 10 Big POE hunt

edit: added spoiler tags

Just beat the regular quest. This game is even more fantastic than I remembered. Now I'm gonna go ahead and replay Twilight Princess, and hopefully I'll like it more the second time around because I know where to keep my expectations now :p

maeda

Damn, the game is soooo beautiful!!! So much fucking nostalgia! I teared up during the "Link saying good-bye to Saria" scene! Is anyone surprised by how good and responsive the analog nub feels? I cleared the young Link shooting gallery on my 2nd try! I am a little frustrated by the ghosting issues. How many of you are experiencing them? They are pretty visible... I wonder what causes them.
P.S.: We need Majora's Mask now!

Aeana

All done!
I really loved all of the graphical upgrades throughout, and it's really amazing how much the higher framerate improves the experience. I also was surprised at how precise the gyro aiming is, and used it almost exclusively.

Now to wait for Y2Kev to beat it so we can play through Twilight Princess again.

sfried

Futureman said:
Holy crap. So that guy who was in charge of the Fishing Pond...caused the 7 years delay of the original release AND the Water Temple debacle? On purpose? And they were enjoying themselves while doing it?

I love this game.

What's really enlightening is how their production staff for OoT actually worked similarly like the cabals at Valve software.

maeda said:
Damn, the game is soooo beautiful!!! So much fucking nostalgia! I teared up during the "Link saying good-bye to Saria" scene! Is anyone surprised by how good and responsive the analog nub feels? I cleared the young Link shooting gallery on my 2nd try! I am a little frustrated by the ghosting issues. How many of you are experiencing them? They are pretty visible... I wonder what causes them.
P.S.: We need Majora's Mask now!
Yeah, the analog nub works great. It has never been a problem whatsoever, and I've almost finished the game.

I've only had graphical issues while playing in 3D, so I've had it turned off most of the time. The game looks clearly better with the 3D turned off.

hatchx

Banned
I'm playing through with limited hearts, really changes up the experience. I was going to stick with just three hearts, but I accidentally got one in Jabu Jabu. Think I'll settle at 5, I'm dying a lot.

Ydahs

sfried said:
My post was not spoiler related.
I wasn't referring to your post.

DeathbyVolcano said:
Oh come on. This game is nearly 14 years old. Wanna avoid spoilers? Beat the freaking game.
It's quite clear that there's a good amount of people who haven't played the game and as the OP clearly states:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please ALWAYS use spoiler tags in this thread. OoT is an old game, but many users here will be playing it for the first time. Let's not spoil their fun!
Is it really that hard?

Chopper

Jackano said:
Now I have 1 piece of heart missing in OoT3D and I want it before starting Master Quest, but even if I know the game by heart I don't know what piece of heart I didn't get. So there is 36 things to check with a list online. Not funny.
Is it
the one in the graveyard, in the tomb with a ReDead, and you have to play the Sun Song TWICE?! I could not work out what that room was about, so I looked it up. I don't know how you're supposed to know to play it twice, but anyway. That was the last heart container I got.

Jackano

Chopper said:
Is it
the one in the graveyard, in the tomb with a ReDead, and you have to play the Sun Song TWICE?! I could not work out what that room was about, so I looked it up. I don't know how you're supposed to know to play it twice, but anyway. That was the last heart container I got.
Yeah I already double checked this one but thanks :). Like I said, my problem is not not knowing where the piece of herats are, but which one I do not got in my playthrought this time :/

Edit:
And playing it twice is a bit explainable: You got the sun song, you went into this tomb, see the ReDead and want it to freeze (so you play a first time), kill it, then saw the marks on the wall that remember you where you got the sun song, and play it again.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
DeathbyVolcano said:
Oh come on. This game is nearly 14 years old. Wanna avoid spoilers? Beat the freaking game.
Doesn't matter. Plenty of people here are experiencing the game for the first time, have a right to discuss it before beating it or to ask for help if they're stumped.
It's not hard to add a
once in a while and let them have their fun, and by the way it's the first thing stated in the OP.

trinest

Jocchan said:
Doesn't matter. Plenty of people here are experiencing the game for the first time, have a right to discuss it before beating it or to ask for help if they're stumped.
It's not hard to add a
once in a while and let them have their fun, and by the way it's the first thing stated in the OP.
While I've played the 64 version- I've played only the child section. So the game is only a fog in my mind- yet I'm aware of all major events, and for that manner I lap up the spoilers. I can understand people wanting spoilers- but for the most part- its a 14 year old game.

Top Bottom