• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
trinest said:
While I've played the 64 version- I've played only the child section. So the game is only a fog in my mind- yet I'm aware of all major events, and for that manner I lap up the spoilers. I can understand people wanting spoilers- but for the most part- its a 14 year old game.
And it's still a great game they're experiencing for the first time. If adding spoiler tags was a complicated task I would understand not wanting to bother, but it's just a matter of writing
and [/ spoiler] once in a while. Are we really this lazy?

Myriadis

Jocchan said:
And it's still a great game they're experiencing for the first time. If adding spoiler tags was a complicated task I would understand not wanting to bother, but it's just a matter of writing
and [/ spoiler] once in a while. Are we really this lazy?
I am still wondering why there isn't a spoiler button.

KevinCow said:
So what the hell are bugs for? Why can you catch them?
Scum said:
Drop 'em in the soft soil patches that you plant the Magic Beans in for a hidden suprise. :)
You can also make money by selling them to the person in the market/Kakariko Village.

Fill your bottles with bugs, sell all but one bottle, dump the last bottle to fill your other bottles back, and keep repeating. 50 rupees per bottle, I think.

OMG Aero

Scum said:
Drop 'em in the soft soil patches that you plant the Magic Beans in for a hidden suprise. :)
Is it actually possible to screw yourself over with the Magic Beans? Like if you plant one in a hole before you put a bug in one does that mean you can never get the Skulltula from that hole, or can bugs still go in holes that have sprouts growing in them?

OMG Aero said:
Is it actually possible to screw yourself over with the Magic Beans? Like if you plant one in a hole before you put a bug in one does that mean you can never get the Skulltula from that hole, or can bugs still go in holes that have sprouts growing in them?
The bugs still work.

My copy arrived today but was held at customs (just a stupid routine check), and since tomorrow it's our weekend, I'll have to wait till Sunday at the earliest to get it :(

Haha, so it turns out that missing Big Poe...

I started going for the others in the meantime and when I got three I went back to the creepy guy...I already have 100 points on my card. Ah well. But now I have all the Big Poes...which means I just 100%ed the regular game!! Now to kill Ganon and go on to Master Quest!

Jackano

Dedication Through Light said:
Hm, somehow I lost my shield in the Fire Temple?! How do I get it back? Or do I need to resume a previous save and be more careful? I honestly, dont know how I lost it.
It was eaten by a like-like. By defeating it you can have your shield again right away. Too late for you, you need to go back to Kokoriko or Hyrule t buy anothe rone. Or find a deku that may want sell you one for an awfull price ^^

gamingeek

Hm, somehow I lost my shield in the Fire Temple?! How do I get it back? Or do I need to resume a previous save and be more careful? I honestly, dont know how I lost it.

If you are lucky a chest will give it back to you, check your map if you have the compass. Otherwise, maybe an enemy will spit one out after its killed.

NEO0MJ

Like Likes (the white fat tube like creature) will eat you shield should it ever manage to attack you. You can go to that mountain village and buy another one. If you kill the one that ate your shield it should return it to you, as long as you didn't leave the room.

NEO0MJ said:
Like Likes (the white fat tube like creature) will eat you shield should it ever manage to attack you. You can go to that mountain village and buy another one. If you kill the one that ate your shield it should return it to you, as long as you didn't leave the room.

Some shields are context sensitive, too. Like there's a room in the well where as a kid there's Fire Keese, and if they hit you it burns your Deku Shield up. There's also a chest in that room, though, and if you open it with a shield you get rupees, if your shield was destroyed they give you a new one. So you can also keep moving and eventually the game will notice you're missing a shield and give you one.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hmm...I remember someone earlier saying they used backflips in order to jump that fence near Dodongo Cavern to get the Heart Piece...

Seems, perhaps due to the upgraded fence model, it no longer works. :(

Peru

Watch Da Birdie said:
Hmm...I remember someone earlier saying they used backflips in order to jump that fence near Dodongo Cavern to get the Heart Piece...

Worked for me.

Watch Da Birdie said:

You can also get it early as kid Link by doing a rolling jump from the side of the fence at the right angle and then doing a drawing sword lunge in midair. Worked in the 3DS version for me.

I'm having a real hard time choosing between 2D and 3D, and this is as someone who never considered 2D for Ridge Racer.

Game is amazing as I remember, and I love all the new touches. I go into buildings I'd otherwise skip just to see what's changed.

I've made it up to the castle in an hour - I seem to remember it taking way longer as a kid.

KevinCow

Banned
Link has to have the best voice acting ever.

Seriously, the scream of absolute terror when he falls from a high point? The grunt of unthinkable pain when he lands and his shins are driven up into his chest? Nolan North ain't got shit on that.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Peru said:
Worked for me.
Hmm...I never did it in the old games, so maybe I'm doing it wrong. :X

Props to the person who mentioned doing a side-jump off the tower in Kakariko to get on the roof. Awesome.

Anyway, I don't think I ever figured this out in the old days, but what do you do with the two Scarecrow Brothers at Lake Hylia?

Jackano said:
It was eaten by a like-like. By defeating it you can have your shield again right away. Too late for you, you need to go back to Kokoriko or Hyrule t buy anothe rone. Or find a deku that may want sell you one for an awful price ^^
Darn! Link just looks so different now without my Hyrulian Shield, and Im always so poor in the game. Ugh this will be annoying to backtrack out of the Ice place just to get a shield.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Watch Da Birdie said:
Hmm...I never did it in the old games, so maybe I'm doing it wrong. :X

Props to the person who mentioned doing a side-jump off the tower in Kakariko to get on the roof. Awesome.

Anyway, I don't think I ever figured this out in the old days, but what do you do with the two Scarecrow Brothers at Lake Hylia?
As young Link teach the scarecrow on the bottom row a song.
As adult Link play that song to him again.

When you see Navi turn green and fly to a high ledge that usually indicates when to play the song.

Milpool

lunchwithyuzo said:
You can also get it early as kid Link by doing a rolling jump from the side of the fence at the right angle and then doing a drawing sword lunge in midair. Worked in the 3DS version for me.

I just jumped off normally and Link grabbed the ledge where the heart piece was.

TheExodu5

Banned
Watch Da Birdie said:

How are you supposed to get to that side of town legitimately anyways? I just got myself a chicken and jumped at the right angle from the hill going up from the cemetery, and made it over.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
TheExodu5 said:
How are you supposed to get to that side of town legitimately anyways? I just got myself a chicken and jumped at the right angle from the hill going up from the cemetery, and made it over.
Well I just jumped from the ledge outside the windmill towards the potion shop.

PokéKong

Are there any shots of what Grog looks like in this version?

Grog.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The quick touch screen access to iron boots really makes the Water Temple less of a pain in the ass. I'm glad they did that and not just put it in the Gear menu.

Chao

What are these
super fairies
you get when you play the song of sun in certain places? I dont remember them from the original game, but i could be wrong

KevinCow

Banned
Bisnic said:
The quick touch screen access to iron boots really makes the Water Temple less of a pain in the ass. I'm glad they did that and not just put it in the Gear menu.

They made two small changes:

1) Iron boots on an item slot so you can switch them without pausing, and
2) Colored guides to help you navigate to the water level change spots.

And suddenly the infamous Water Temple isn't such a pain in the ass anymore. I'd even venture to say that it's... fun?

Roto13

Darn! Link just looks so different now without my Hyrulian Shield, and Im always so poor in the game. Ugh this will be annoying to backtrack out of the Ice place just to get a shield.
You could just finish the ice cavern without a shield.

Oh, wait, it's you. I guess you couldn't. :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Roto13 said:
You could just finish the ice cavern without a shield.

Oh, wait, it's you. I guess you couldn't. :p

Next you'll see him complain how the Water Temple is too complicated and annoying with the iron boots ha.

He should be glad he didn't touch the original Water Temple.

Jackano

brucewaynegretzky said:
Anyone have any tips for finding the running guy in Hyrule Field? I run around a lot and don't see him.
You need to turn around clock-wise, given he is running reverse clockwise.
Also, at night, he is resting on the ground.
Finally, there is just at west of the Kokiri forest entrance a place he is gonna to show up sooner or later, because he can't jump the barriers.

MoxManiac

I remember just barely doing it by the skin of my teeth 15 years ago. Had to carry something a certain distance by a certain time or you had to do it all over again. I don't remember the specifics but I remember it being frustrating.

GJS

MoxManiac said:
I remember just barely doing it by the skin of my teeth 15 years ago. Had to carry something a certain distance by a certain time or you had to do it all over again. I don't remember the specifics but I remember it being frustrating.
As long as you know your way around, position epona in the right place or run backwards without messing up, and use the warp points it is easy to finish them with plenty of time left.

Okay so i've got 98 gold skulltullas and my map is telling me that all the areas have been done for tokens. So where are those final two hiding? are the dungeons exempt from the map screen symbol?
I was quite chuffed that I managed to get around 88 of the buggers on my own but I had to resort to a guide eventually, the ones that need the scarecrow's song in both dodongo's cavern and the fire temple are well hidden to say the least.

Top Bottom