• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

isny

napkin dispenser
In the Fire Temple, there is a pillar blocking a door in the entrance room. I seem to have explored the whole temple and still can't figure out how to get past it.

Help Gaf?

The Lamp

Oblivion said:
The Forbidden Fortress was more annoying than either Stealth sections in OoT because both the moblins moved at a snail's pace and so did Link hiding under a barrel.

Oh, I guess I can concur with that. They were way too slow.

isny said:
In the Fire Temple, there is a pillar blocking a door in the entrance room. I seem to have explored the whole temple and still can't figure out how to get past it.

Help Gaf?

stop-hammer-time.jpg

isny said:

Help Gaf?

Smash it with a large blunt object

Edit - Why do I even try...

The Shadow Temple is annoying the fuck out of me. I feel like I've done a pretty thorough job looking around but I can't find the first small key, the constant Skulltulas dropping down are an annoyance, and I just ran out of magic. Looks like this will be my Water Temple. I've heard Water is the longest dungeon, so I hope this shit is short at least.

isny

napkin dispenser
The Xtortionist said:
Smash it with a large blunt object

Edit - Why do I even try...

That would make sense if I had the hammer. I clearly will need to retrace my steps and figure out where I went wrong. (Or is the hammer in the Water Temple?)

ciD_Vain

isny said:
That would make sense if I had the hammer. I clearly will need to retrace my steps and figure out where I went wrong. (Or is the hammer in the Water Temple?)
The hammer is in the Fire Temple. It is located in the room where
you have to step on a switch that triggers a timer for the treasure chest concealing the hammer in it. The door to that room is passed the area where the proximity fire walls appear.

Muskweeto

I Push Fat Kids said:
Another one that got me. He's just so... TERRIFIED.
I like the one when you open
the grave leading to the sun song.
Link keeps screening while he's on the ground, I think he does for the sprout one too actually.

emb said:
What annoys me about stealth in Zelda games is what happens when you get caught. A cutscene begins immediately, and you're thrown where ever. This is especially jarring in the Gerudo fortress, where you're fighting enemies that you can probably easily defeat. For example, you have your bow pointed at a Gerudo guard, but then she turns around. You instantly freeze and are unable to do a thing about it, even though that one arrow can take her down, and any help she calls for.
You mean every single Gerudo in the village? Especially when they are armed as well, not only with swords but spears? Sure, they normally have honor and will only imprison you (though the ones in Majora's Mask kill rather than imprison), but I'm sure if you started attacking their entire army they'd start chucking spears at you. Link is smart enough to give himself up before he starts something that'll just get out of control.

And you *really* don't want them bringing out Ganondorf (don't forget he's a Gerudo).

KevinCow

Banned
kayos90 said:
I thought MM's Pirate Fortress was awesome. It was cleverly designed, except for the Main Patrol Area. That was pure BS cuz there were only a handful of openings to get across without shooting someone.

Seriously? I thought it was pretty much the worst stealth section I've ever encountered in a game. Frustrating and bullshit. I gave up on the game for a while because of that section until I read that there was a mask that made you invisible.

Myriadis

KevinCow said:
Is Twilight Princess the only 3D Zelda without a stealth stage?
There is something similar.Right before the desert temple,you have to kill the moblins on the watchtowers before they spot you.The difference is that if they spot you,Link doesn't give up instantly.Instead,they call all the other enemies there and you have a nice big fight then.

Oh,and the Gerudo Fortress sneaking mission is one of my favorite parts in Ocarina of Time.And the only time you ever have to use a barrel in the Forsaken Fortress in Wind Waker is when you are going through the door that leads to the top of the tower.You can skip every single room with guards except the one mentioned above,because the rooms in the second floor don't have any guards at all.

Kevtones

Muskweeto said:
I like the one when you open
the grave leading to the sun song.
Link keeps screening while he's on the ground, I think he does for the sprout one too actually.

Or when the Goron children harmlessly try to befriend him with song & dance and he just RUNS OFF SCREAMING. Of course this is after he's fearlessly fought a 30-ton fire-breathing lizard without so much as a peep.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
EatChildren said:
There is nothing you can miss in Zelda.
here is. You can miss the deku nut upgrade on the deku stage. You have to get it before completing the game.

Yoshi

kayos90 said:
I thought MM's Pirate Fortress was awesome. It was cleverly designed, except for the Main Patrol Area. That was pure BS cuz there were only a handful of openings to get across without shooting someone.
In MM you can just wear a gerudo-mask and go through it without the need to hide. therefore it's the best stealth section ever ;).

Anth0ny

KevinCow said:
Seriously? I thought it was pretty much the worst stealth section I've ever encountered in a game. Frustrating and bullshit. I gave up on the game for a while because of that section until I read that there was a mask that made you invisible.

MM's stealth stage was way better than OOT's or WW's. It's not even that hard, either...

isny

napkin dispenser
ciD_Vain said:
The hammer is in the Fire Temple. It is located in the room where
you have to step on a switch that triggers a timer for the treasure chest concealing the hammer in it. The door to that room is passed the area where the proximity fire walls appear.

Just realized I missed it as I missed Din's Fire. Am I still able to get this as an adult?

hamchan

Oh god I was trying to find a fish for Jabu Jabu so I went to that fishing place and caught a fish but when I left there was no fish in my inventory. Then I remembered I got stuck in the same place 10 years ago wtf.

emb

isny said:
Just realized I missed it as I missed Din's Fire. Am I still able to get this as an adult?

You don't need Din's Fire in the Fire Temple at all. Just try exploring everything again. Particularly the room that quote mentioned.

I Push Fat Kids said:
Or when the Goron children harmlessly try to befriend him with song & dance and he just RUNS OFF SCREAMING. Of course this is after he's fearlessly fought a 30-ton fire-breathing lizard without so much as a peep.
Not song and dance - they wanted to hug him. All at once.

NateDrake

hamchan said:
Oh god I was trying to find a fish for Jabu Jabu so I went to that fishing place and caught a fish but when I left there was no fish in my inventory. Then I remembered I got stuck in the same place 10 years ago wtf.
Ok well
you need to catch the fish with an empty bottle.

Yoshi

NateDrake said:
Ok well
you need to catch the fish with an empty bottle.
And don't even try it at the fishing pond, look next to the shop in Zoras domain.

ciD_Vain

isny said:
You can travel back in time through the Temple of Time to get Din's Fire or anything else you missed as a kid. It's not needed in the Fire Temple though.

EmCeeGramr said:
See the secret to Forsaken Fortress is that you run in the other direction and you skip like 4/5 of it.
A lesson I learned early on.

It's taking me a long time if I don't finish it in the span of a Mass Effect 2 loyalty mission.

Medalion

Banned
I can't get Epona cuz I am adult Link without learning Epona's song, I am stuck on even how to begin tackling the Fire Temple... I am wandering around the Goron City

damn my feeble memory

Smiles and Cries said:
I like that in this version the Gerudos are not as ugly as they were sheesh :|

Greatest Game of All Time :p
Nabooru was kinda hot in 3D. Way better than that horrible official art:
2Ugi4.jpg

Her face sorta looks like a female Ganondorf.

...Did I say that out loud? Eh, nowhere near the weirdest thing said on GAF.

Poyunch

Medalion said:
I can't get Epona cuz I am adult Link without learning Epona's song, I am stuck on even how to begin tackling the Fire Temple... I am wandering around the Goron City

damn my feeble memory
Talk to Link!

Mohonky

Question: What level does everyone use their 3D slider at?

My sister uses it at Max but I find it really disorientating in smaller areas. I only seem to use it about half way, maybe a tad under.

Busaiku

I just made a groundbreaking discovery!

You can break crates by rolling into them!
No longer do you have to waste your bombs.

cacophony

Medalion said:

damn my feeble memory

you know you can go back in time and learn Epona's song?

Top Bottom