• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

BONGO BONGO took me out the first time I faced him using 1 fairy bottle too.

So I was at the start of the Temple thinking maybe I should leave and get more bottles of fairies ... nah I would have to run the whole temple again because I would lose my warp point

so I warp to my door and go face him again this time with only 5 hearts but this time my timing was better :D feels good when under pressure

I <3 Zelda I don't want it to end
I'm going to take a break my Pilotwings just came by UPS

Gravijah

Haha, Bongo Bongo took an entire life bar out of me as I didn't know what in the hell to do at first, he was extremely easy once I figured it out, though.

Gravijah said:
Haha, Bongo Bongo took an entire life bar out of me as I didn't know what in the hell to do at first, he was extremely easy once I figured it out, though.

the thing about him when you taking a beaten from bongo bongo you know you are getting spanked lol

the second time was really easy
he did not grab me and my arrows hit just right and my spin attacks was just right and hitting his eye with more than enough hits

I hate the Shadow Temple damn that place is super creepy... I wonder if future Zelda games will every come up with a creepy dungeon as bad as this one. That damn Ferry ride :|

all that place needed was blood

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Great, I got the email concerning the CD, but the banner doesn't appear for me. Why does this always happen to me?

Anarchistry

This game frustrates the hell out of me sometimes, but I just can't quit playing. It's that good.

It's an abusive relationship that I don't know any better than but to come back to.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The Shadow Temple and the Spirit Temple are so damn nice.

The Lamp

Busaiku said:
I still don't get the hate with Navi.
She's never bothered me at all.

You joking?

"HEY LINK WE BETTER FIND KING ZORA" (while I'm in Zora's Domain)
"HEY LINK MAYBE WE SHOULD GO TO THE LOST WOODS" (about to head into Forest Temple)
"HEY LINK MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE A BREAK" (attempting to fight Water Temple boss)

halolz-dot-com-thelegendofzelda-heylisten-linksnaps.jpg

The Lamp said:
You joking?

"HEY LINK WE BETTER FIND KING ZORA" (while I'm in Zora's Domain)
"HEY LINK MAYBE WE SHOULD GO TO THE LOST WOODS" (about to head into Forest Temple)
"HEY LINK MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE A BREAK" (attempting to fight Water Temple boss)

[image]http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/halolz-dot-com-thelegendofzelda-heylisten-linksnaps.jpg[/image]
Hylians
aren't meant to have faeries/fairies. We should be allowed to trap Navi in a bottle and sell it to someone.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Picked up a used 3ds and Zelda today! Played it for a few hours so far, better then I remembered. Put a Fiver on Starfox too

Played more of this today. Love what I’m playing! So much charm! The game is crammed with so many meaty side quests and things to do, something Twilight Princess was missing.

The Lamp

Tricky I Shadow said:
Played more of this today. Love what I’m playing! So much charm! The game is crammed with so many meaty side quests and things to do, something Twilight Princess was missing.

Actually I'd say Ocarina of Time had very few side quests/things to do, meanwhile Twilight Princess was nothing short of barren of things to do.

I'd say Majora's Mask, ALttP and even Wind Waker on some scale have a much larger range of optional side quests/things to do that are actually meaningful and fun.

olimpia84

I just noticed you can go back to your house and take a nap in your bed to recover energy...can you do that in the N64 version? I don't remember that happening at all!

Gravijah said:
Note to self:
Ganon without the defensive power upgrade hurts. 5 damn hearts a slice.
Defensive power upgrade? :O

Anyway, I agree. Luckily I went into that battle prepared, any less than 3 full heals and I would've been toast.

Izayoi

Banned
Wow, I forgot how fucking frustrating getting the heart piece in Goron City without the bomb bag was.

Five fucking calm faces and thirty minutes later and I'm contemplating snapping my 3DS in half. Holy shit.

Edit: Fucking finally.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Izayoi said:
Wow, I forgot how fucking frustrating getting the heart piece in Goron City without the bomb bag was.

Five fucking calm faces and thirty minutes later and I'm contemplating snapping my 3DS in half. Holy shit.

Got it on my first try with Flower Bombs. :p

maeda

Izayoi said:

Why not clear Dodongo's Cavern first? :)

Roto13

Izayoi said:

I used to have no trouble with that, but for some reason it was really annoying this time. It just wouldn't go in and the first six or seven times it DID go in, I didn't get a happy face.

Izayoi

Banned
BY2K said:
Got it on my first try with Flower Bombs. :p
I hate you.

maeda said:
Why not clear Dodongo's Cavern first? :)
Because then I would know that I skipped something. I never skip things.

Roto13 said:
I used to have no trouble with that, but for some reason it was really annoying this time. It just wouldn't go in and the first six or seven times it DID go in, I didn't get a happy face.
Yeah, kept hitting the rim and bouncing out, when it did go in it always ended on a calm face.

emb

So this thread was talking about that one missable thing quite a few pages back. Did anyone ever say if that was still missable?
I got one upgrade for deku sticks and one upgrade for deku nuts from the stage. That all they have?

I'm going for everything this time. I'm already down to one heart piece and scratching my head. I still have 22 skulltulas left, but I'm sure that will be a pain once I run around everything again and haven't finished. Probably going to have to break down and open a guide. ;_;

I've never actually gone through and tried to get everything. It's great to run into little secret caves and hiding places I've never seen. I always kinda figured I had seen all of it at one point or another, just never all at once. Not the case, lol.

Roto13

Why wait when you can do it right away? It's not supposed to be particularly hard. I dunno. Maybe they changed the odds in this version.
emb said:
So this thread was talking about that one missable thing quite a few pages back. Did anyone ever say if that was still missable?
I got one upgrade for deku sticks and one upgrade for deku nuts from the stage. That all they have?
Yeah, that's all you can get from there. And the bug that makes the first upgrade you mentioned only available for a tiny window of time is gone, so you can get it whenever. :p Nothing else is missable, so the 3DS version of OOT has zero missable items.

maeda

Does anyone know how fishing really works? Why does fish get of the hook or how to actually reel the big fish in. Sometimes the fish just pulls the string with an extreme vigor, and I don't seem to reel any length in. I spent over 40 minutes trying to catch the largest fish with Adult Link, and even though I was successful, I still fetl like it was luck.

butter_stick said:
Think it's a problem for everyone.
Mine's just fine. Wireless is on, can surf net. I turn it off myself, but there has been no problem for me. I have no idea if a friends list works though, I have no friends on there yet.

Kevin

Just finished Ocarina of time and unlocked the Master Quest. YAY! Now it makes me want to play through Majora's Mask again:

scrn_majorasMask-04.jpg

I've only beaten that game once. I really hope Nintendo remakes that for the 3DS like they did with Ocarina of Time. :)

njean777

Just beat it tonight, great game. My first time also. Only threw my 3ds once which was an accident lol, not gonna do that again.

sfried

njean777 said:
Just beat it tonight, great game. My first time also. Only threw my 3ds once which was an accident lol, not gonna do that again.
Hah! I accidentally slammed my 3DS THRICE after accidentally slipping on the power cord while charging each time. Still works like a charm.

I need to finish this game. Stupid Scarecrow Song not activating when I need it too.

Kevin

Stone of Agony was replaced with the Shard of Agony. Basically it just makes a sound and brings up a tiny icon onscreen indicating a secret is nearby.

Beat it. Still an amazing game. Glad to have the opportunity to play the whole thing again in 3D.

Now to have nothing else to play on 3DS for a few months :/

Busaiku

Still don't like the Link in this.
He's just got that stern look almost all the time.

I miss The Wind Waker/Spirit Tracks Links.
Skyward Sword is good too.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm behind because I've been playing Shadows of the Damned, but I'm back for more Ocarina remake!

Finished the Water Temple tonight. Not nearly as annoying and shitty as I remember it. Were the colored lines over the various water level areas always there? That and the new item buttons might have helped that a lot.

Busaiku said:
Still don't like the Link in this.
He's just got that stern look almost all the time.

I miss The Wind Waker/Spirit Tracks Links.
Skyward Sword is good too.
I like Link with a stern face. Motherfucker is cleaving monsters in half. What do you expect? A smile and a dumb look on his face?

ciD_Vain

Izayoi said:

Edit: Fucking finally.
It took me one try with a bomb flower...

Izayoi said:
Because then I would know that I skipped something. I never skip things.
But but; when you do the Fire Temple first, you'd skip the Water Temple, and when you do the Water Temple first, you'd skip the Fire Temple.... :[

In this game there is nothing to skip.

So I've just finished the forest temple. This game is still just as fun to play as it was all those years ago. One thing I really like about this version is the way Link jumps down off of Epona. Little things like that stand out to me. Also the nub on the 3DS is awesome. I was kind of worried about it at first but once I used it all my worries went away. As many others have already said in this thread, the gyroscope aiming is awesome and so is the 3D. It's making the wait for more 3DS games a lot harder.

Gambit

BGBW said:
Great, I got the email concerning the CD, but the banner doesn't appear for me. Why does this always happen to me?

Same thing happened to me. Then I realised it specifically told me to log in, which I hadn't done (since I already was). So I logged out and back in and voila, got me my soundtrack. Maybe you should try that, too.

Question: I am really enjoying the game, but I have a problem with it similar to my problems with the PSP. With the game being designed for console-play, I always feel I have to put in at least half an hour to make it worthwhile. (Same thing happened with Chains of Olympus, for example). That's why I often choose to play a different game (Radiant Historia in my case) instead. I feel I can make a difference, if I only play for ten mins.

Now the question: Is it only me?

I feel some small adjustments could have been made since it's on a portable. (I adore the game, but would it really be game-breaking to save in different villages? I don't always want to start in my treehouse)

Snowballo

Kevin said:
Just finished Ocarina of time and unlocked the Master Quest. YAY! Now it makes me want to play through Majora's Mask again:

scrn_majorasMask-04.jpg

I've only beaten that game once. I really hope Nintendo remakes that for the 3DS like they did with Ocarina of Time. :)

ptqrQ.jpg

Best.Game.Ever.

BowieZ

Banned
Poured 43 hours so far into Ocarina (attempting the side quests, collecting gold skulltula medallions etc), and have finally arrived at Thieves' Hideout en route to finishing the game.

web01

Playing this game again reminds me just how crappy Twilight Princess really is.

Ocarina of time is superior in everyway, especially the higher difficulty level.

I thought I may have just gotten better at gaming between the release of OOT and TP but that is not the case. Had a scare in dodongo's cavern where I lost my deku shield and had to fight the two Lizalfos.

Love playing with the 3D turned on as it really enhances the game.
I hope we get a upgrade of Majoras Mask like this.

McNum

Elfforkusu said:
Defensive power upgrade? :O

Anyway, I agree. Luckily I went into that battle prepared, any less than 3 full heals and I would've been toast.
Try looking around outside Ganon's Castle. There's an awfully familiar looking pillar in a corner, and you've got Golden Gauntlets.

About that boss fight.
What are you doing that lets him hit you? Just run right at him and hit A just before you reach him and you'll roll right between his legs in reach of his weak point. That sounded wrong. Use Deku Nuts on it in the first phase (yes, really!) and the Master Sword for the second. As soon as you damage him, run outside his reach and charge at him again.

I figured that one out the first time I fought Ganon. He is the embodiment of POWER, but I am the embodiment of COURAGE, so... CHAAAARGE! Surprisingly it worked.

web01 said:
Playing this game again reminds me just how crappy Twilight Princess really is.

Ocarina of time is superior in everyway, especially the higher difficulty level.

I thought I may have just gotten better at gaming between the release of OOT and TP but that is not the case. Had a scare in dodongo's cavern where I lost my deku shield and had to fight the two Lizalfos.

Love playing with the 3D turned on as it really enhances the game.
I hope we get a upgrade of Majoras Mask like this.

THIS! I'm playing for the first time and I'm shocked at how – not necessarily hard the game is......but how you have to be very careful.

They just don't make games with this difficulty anymore. Also the hand holding is toned down here too. It’s really great and refreshing!

Top Bottom