• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

blamite said:
I need that CD. :O

Anyone in the Chicago/general Midwest area gotten theirs yet?

I'm starting to get orried Nintendo's got something screwed up with my address, I ordered one of those pouches from Club Nintendo on June 3th and it's shipped but I haven't gotten it yet. :/

More on-topic: I finished the original game last week, and I'm now using Master Quest as a side game to play in between other games. I'm really loving the new dungeon layouts. They almost feel completely new, which helps to downplay the flipping for me.

I kind of wish I could play just the dungeons though, and skip the overworld stuff. It would be nice if Hyrule Field and the other areas were redone as well.

in chicago, got an email earlier today from nintendo stating that my cd has shipped and it'll be here in 4-10 days.

on topic, ive completed OoT 100% and now im working on master quest 100%. :)

Thoraxes

blamite said:
Chicagoan here. I got an e-mail about 5 days ago saying it shipped. And a friend of mine who lives on the East coast already got his.

Just be patient.

Myriadis

secretanchitman said:
on topic, ive completed OoT 100% and now im working on master quest 100%. :)

Are some of these Big poes still pretty hard to catch?I remember one Poe appearing near Gerudo Valley entrance and then suddenly disappearing after one or two seconds every time I find it.

GJS

Myriadis said:
Are some of these Big poes still pretty hard to catch?I remember one Poe appearing near Gerudo Valley entrance and then suddenly disappearing after one or two seconds every time I find it.
Yes some are still very annoying, floating into walls and disappearing straight away unless you get the angle of approach just right.

Myriadis said:
My mortal enemy of OoT, i'll pop 2 arrows through his laughing face one day, unless it's the same ghost that heads in the opposite direction around the same area in which case i've already fulfilled my revenge

Just finished the Fire Temple on Master Quest. That was brutal. I'm loving how different these dungeons are, though.

Also, the
cows
all over Jabu Jabu's belly had me laughing.

Add another person to list the of people that got killed in the Deku Tree in Master Quest after pretty much not dying during all of the normal quest. Fucking golden skulltula >___<

It was a nice change though, I definitely will finish Master Quest.

Oh yeah, and because of reading this thread I fought Ganon with pretty much nothing but Deku Nuts. It was hilarious and awesome, I never imagined they'd actually stun him, much less hurt him XD

zychi

Banned
blamite said:

I'm starting to get orried Nintendo's got something screwed up with my address, I ordered one of those pouches from Club Nintendo on June 3th and it's shipped but I haven't gotten it yet. :/

More on-topic: I finished the original game last week, and I'm now using Master Quest as a side game to play in between other games. I'm really loving the new dungeon layouts. They almost feel completely new, which helps to downplay the flipping for me.

I kind of wish I could play just the dungeons though, and skip the overworld stuff. It would be nice if Hyrule Field and the other areas were redone as well.
two days late, but i got mine on the 12th in chicago.

Muskweeto

SolarKnight said:
Add another person to list the of people that got killed in the Deku Tree in Master Quest after pretty much not dying during all of the normal quest. Fucking golden skulltula <___<
I'm starting to think this version of master quest is gonna be known for peoples near death experience with the first gold skulltula.

I remember nearly dieing of a heart attack when it left me with just half a heart left.

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah that was a shocker with the Gold Skulltula. But I finally didn't get done in until I ran into the Giant Deku Babas. Sheesh.

Turnstyle

How do you get the heart container piece on top of the volcano(?) at the start of the Death Mountain dungeon?

I got the one in the little alcove in that room, but this one has me foxed.

Playing this for the second time (first time on Gamecube in 2004) and loving it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Turnstyle said:
How do you get the heart container piece on top of the volcano(?) at the start of the Death Mountain dungeon?

I got the one in the little alcove in that room, but this one has me foxed.

Playing this for the second time (first time on Gamecube in 2004) and loving it.

You have to go there as a kid(Just use the Bolero of Fire song) and plant a seed there. It's right next to you if you use the teleport.
Then come back as an adult and jump on the plant.

Desiato

Bisnic said:
You have to go there as a kid(Just use the Bolero of Fire song) and plant a seed there. It's right next to you if you use the teleport.
Then come back as an adult and jump on the plant.
I usually just do a backflip over the fence at the bomb plant.

EDIT: Whoops, thought you guys were talking about the one above Dodongo's cavern.

Javier

I have noticed a slight change. In the original version, after you dropped bugs on the soft soil, you had a chance to re-catch one of them while the others dug to the ground and gave you an skulltula. Now, after you drop the bugs on soft soil, the game won't let you re-catch them as they burrow themselves underground, meaning that if you go skulltula hunting, you have to find a new set of bugs every time you use the ones you have.

KevinCow

Banned
Javier said:
I have noticed a slight change. In the original version, after you dropped bugs on the soft soil, you had a chance to re-catch one of them while the others dug to the ground and gave you an skulltula. Now, after you drop the bugs on soft soil, the game won't let you re-catch them as they burrow themselves underground, meaning that if you go skulltula hunting, you have to find a new set of bugs every time you use the ones you have.

Equip two jars: the bug jar and an empty jar.

Drop bugs away from the soft soil.

Pick up bugs in both jars.

Use one to get the skulltula out of the soft soil.

Still have a bug without having to go find more.

kaskade

0T23Q.jpg

I may just keep it sealed.

McNum

Desiato said:
I usually just do a backflip over the fence at the bomb plant.
Can you do this as Young Link? I'm playing Master Quest, and I got this idea that I want all the Heart Pieces I can get before each dungeon. Ideally aiming for 6 hearts before setting foot in the Dodongo Cave, if possible.

kaskade

Myriadis said:
Wondering,does it show the track list on t back side?I want to know which songs are there.All songs is too much for one single disc,I think.
Yeah, it does. There's 51 tracks. I'm 90% sure it's one disc based on the weight.

McNum

Roto13 said:
You don't need a bomb as a kid or an adult. I've never even heard of anyone using a bomb to get that heart piece.
Just did the jump. No bomb needed. Don't even have the Goron Bracelet yet. What I do have, though, is six hearts. Is seven possible before the Dodongo Cave? I know of a couple more Heart Pieces, but four might be a problem.

Huh, I could‘ve sworn he couldn‘t get high enough when I tried it. Nevermind me then. Still, it feels weird that it pretty much defeats the purpose of planting a bean to get there.

Myriadis

kaskade said:
Yeah, it does. There's 51 tracks. I'm 90% sure it's one disc based on the weight.

Woah.These songs must be really short then,considering they surely have to pack in the 17 pieces of Hyrule Theme and the Temple songs aren't that short.

Jackano

Myriadis said:
Wondering,does it show the track list on t back side?I want to know which songs are there.All songs is too much for one single disc,I think.

01 Title 1:30
02 Deku Tree's Theme 0:57
03 Fairy Navi 0:34
04 Inside a House 0:42
05 Kokiri Forest 1:02
06 Shop 1:11
07 Battle 1:14
08 Inside the Deku Tree 1:46
09 Boss Battle 1:27
10 Hyrule Field Main Theme 3:59
11 Kepora Gebora's Theme 1:08
12 Town 0:56
13 Hyrule Castle Courtyard Game 0:39
14 Princess Zelda's Theme 0:58
15 Lon Lon Ranch 4:05
16 Kakariko Village 1:49
17 Goron City 1:43
18 Lost Woods 0:50
19 Middle Boss Battle 1:16
20 Dinosaur Boss Battle 1:21
21 Zora's Domain 1:43
22 Great Fairy's Fountain 0:56
23 Potion Shop 1:08
24 Temple of Time 1:32
25 Master Sword 0:16
26 Ganondorf's Theme 0:51
27 Chamber of the Sages 2:00
28 Sheik's Theme 0:42
29 Horse Race 1:34
30 Kakariko Village 2 2:07
31 Windmill Hut 1:10
32 Ocarina: "Minuet of Forest" 0:20
33 Forest Temple 2:03
34 Ocarina: "Bolero of Fire" 0:22
35 Fire Temple 2:05
36 Ice Cavern 0:53
37 Ocarina: "Serenade of Water" 0:21
38 Water Temple 3:05
39 Ocarina: "Nocturne of Shadow" 0:24
40 Ocarina: "Prelude of Light" 0:19
41 Shadow Temple 1:51
42 Gerudo Valley 1:45
43 Spirit Temple 3:06
44 Ocarina: "Requiem of Spirit" 0:26
45 Kotake and Koume's Theme 1:08
46 Ganondorf Battle 1:30
47 Final Battle Against Ganon 2:04
48 Ocarina of Time 0:35
49 Ocarina Song Medley 0:59
50 Staff Roll 7:08
51 Staff Roll 2 (Orchestra)

Courtesy of the awesome vgmdb.net!
Most of the stuff is here, only difference with the original soundtrack is the reverb Yokota added (see Iwata asks).
The orchestrated extra Grezzo credits is the last track.

I had no idea you could use the hookshot underwater, it seemed so absurd so I didn't even try it. :p

The water temple seems pretty cool so far, right now I'm missing a key or two but I guess I'll eventually figure out what I missed.

Myriadis

Jackano said:
Courtesy of the awesome vgmdb.net!
Most of the stuff is here, only difference with the original soundtrack is the reverb Yokota added (see Iwata asks).
The orchestrated extra Grezzo credits is the last track.

Cool,thanks a lot!
Comparing it with the complete Music List,they got all the right songs on the disc.The only thing left out were several short jingles , "child" ocarina songs and the dungeon themes that no one really wants to hear anyway,Dodongos Cavern, Jabu Jabus Belly and Ganons Castle Themes.

McNum

SolarKnight said:
Huh, I could‘ve sworn he couldn‘t get high enough when I tried it. Nevermind me then. Still, it feels weird that it pretty much defeats the purpose of planting a bean to get there.
That bean has a much better purpose. It's a major shortcut for the final run of the Biggoron Sword trade. Cuts a good 20-30 seconds off.

Anyway, I'm at 6 hears and 1 piece now. I could go get the fishing one pretty fast for six and two. But I'm running really low on ideas to find two more that don't require bombs or access to areas I don't have yet. Can I get those at the bridge to Gerudo Valley already, I wonder?

Yeah, I'm obsessing a bit over this because it's Master Quest. I'm bringing my very best for this. The Deku Tree was deadly, so I'm going to be prepared for the Cave. Pretty fun to do it like this, really. I hope Skyward Sword has a similar hard mode. A Zelda game with teeth is actually pretty fun.

Peagles

On the topic of the soundtrack, has anybody ever noticed the difference between the Forest Temple in game and the Forest Temple on the soundtrack? Or at least, there's 2 versions online, and one of them has a different flute that I never heard in-game, and doesn't seem to build up as much.

There's this one (which I think is off the soundtrack, but not sure) where the flute starts about 0.18 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXn88mY50XM

And this one where the flute starts about 0.12 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=322V5rD6ko4 It starts to get really intense at about 1.00 where the other version's flute doesn't. This was my favourite section of that song so upon hearing the other one I immediately noticed the difference.

The second one is what is in my N64 game (I'm not up to it yet in 3DS so can't speak for which version they use in there), but does anybody know the story behind these two versions?

GSR

Out of curiosity, I tried to get as far as I could without stepping foot in the Forest Temple. Halfway through the Water Temple, as far as I can tell. A shame, I was hoping I could get through that before needing to actually do what Navi has been bugging me for the past several hours to do.

Roto13

I never noticed that. But speaking of music changes, here's the original Fire Temple music for anyone who never got the chance to play the early version of Ocarina of Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDcQVzu_kc8

The chanting starts around 0:55 and gets more intense around 1:35. It makes the Fire Temple a LOT creepier. Too bad it was removed in later versions.

OMG Aero

GSR said:
Out of curiosity, I tried to get as far as I could without stepping foot in the Forest Temple. Halfway through the Water Temple, as far as I can tell. A shame, I was hoping I could get through that before needing to actually do what Navi has been bugging me for the past several hours to do.
Unless they fixed it from the N64 version, I think you can complete the game without completing the Forest Temple. You just need to grab the arrows then you can leave.

oatmeal

Banned
I just entered the Water Temple...I actually forgot about a few things so far. But I'm flying through.

Absolutely loving it. Just really trying to get to Master Quest, though.

Does Master Quest get its own 3-save menu? Or is it combined?

oatmeal said:
Sans the chanting.

Nope. I have the game running on 3DS in front of me right now (I kept a save file at the Forest Temple because I love it so much), and the chanting is there.

Edit: Perhaps you meant the Fire Temple?

KarmaCow

oatmeal said:
I just entered the Water Temple...I actually forgot about a few things so far. But I'm flying through.

Absolutely loving it. Just really trying to get to Master Quest, though.

Does Master Quest get its own 3-save menu? Or is it combined?

It gets its own 3 slots.

McNum

Roto13 said:
Yeah. :p Both of them.
Thanks! That solved that part of my problem. Up to 7 hearts without setting foot in Dodongo's Cave. I believe this is the point where I can tell Master Quest to bring it on. 7 hearts and two bottles of milk. I'm ready for anything that dungeon can throw at me.

This almost feels a bit like cheating, but when the game pulls no punches, I don't either. Hmm, I wonder if how many hearts are possible before Jabu-Jabu. Just to check if my memory is good:
Two pieces in bomb-holes on Hyrule Field(2), two pieces on the path to Zora's Domain(4). One in the Bombchu game(5). One for lighting up Zora's Domain(6). One in Death Mountain(7) and one for flying Air-Owl to Kakariko (8). Post Jabu-Jabu one more in the Windmill with the Boomerang(9), although that one can be gotten as an adult, too. There's one in the chest game, but the odds of getting that are abysmal pre-lens, and since I don't have the Song of Storms, I can't get the frog ones yet.

But with seven hearts now, plus the two bosses and 8 more pieces, I'd be up to 11 before pulling the Master Sword. Huh, I thought 10 was the most you'd get as Young Link. Funny enough, I believe I had 7 hearts when I pulled the Master Sword in my normal game.

I'm beginning to like Master Quest a lot. It makes me think about what I need to do in the game rather than just play it by ear.

cacophony

I haven't play this in like 2 weeks. I got to the Spirit Temple boss and stopped. I always do this with games. Need to finish it tonight.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
GSR said:

Hmm. Not sure what you'd need the bow for in the water temple (if you have Din's fire for the odd torch and the hookshot for switches). Maybe I forgot something - it might be possible.

Top Bottom