• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

McNum

phisheep said:
Hmm. Not sure what you'd need the bow for in the water temple (if you have Din's fire for the odd torch and the hookshot for switches). Maybe I forgot something - it might be possible.
There's a single eye switch in the Water Temple. Only an arrow will activate it.

Yeah, usually that'd be dead end without arrows, but IIRC the only thing that switch does is let you return to the main part of the dungeon, so saving and quitting would be just as good.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
McNum said:
There's a single eye switch in the Water Temple. Only an arrow will activate it.

Dammit, knew I must have missed something. But are you sure that only an arrow will open it? There's one eye switch in the forest temple (the frozen one) that opens with Din's fire.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
got my orchestra CD earlier today...and somehow it's cracked in the back of the jewel case... but the CD is still fine and clean...

Chopper

I don't think I've heard from Nintendo (UK) since initially registering the game. I got the screen that told me I had earnt the CD, and filled in the details. Nothing since. It's been a while. Should I be concerned?

Roto13

Chopper said:
I don't think I've heard from Nintendo (UK) since initially registering the game. I got the screen that told me I had earnt the CD, and filled in the details. Nothing since. It's been a while. Should I be concerned?
If you're worried, sign into Club Nintendo and scroll down to Order Inquiries to check your order status. I live in North America so I don't count, but I only got my shipping confirmation email today.

GSR

SolarKnight said:
Yeah, usually that'd be dead end without arrows, but IIRC the only thing that switch does is let you return to the main part of the dungeon, so saving and quitting would be just as good.

Unfortunately along the path it opens up is a chest with a small key, so unless there's extra keys in the dungeon, that's all she wrote.

ciD_Vain

My CD came with a cracked cover :(
k9cgtf.jpg

GSR said:
Unfortunately along the path it opens up is a chest with a small key, so unless there's extra keys in the dungeon, that's all she wrote.

Hmm, I mistakenly remembered it right before then =/

WELL, that's 0 out of 2 now, so I guess I should stop giving advice >.>

Clipper

I guess you could just go into the Forest Temple to get the bow and then go back and do the rest, leaving the boss until 2nd-last. You wouldn't be able to do the Spirit Temple, as you can't go back to being a kid until you kill
Phantom Ganon
, but the Shadow Temple is completable (but annoying) without the Lens of Truth, IIRC.

I've found a really fun way to do the game is to do a minimal-magic run. You'll need Din's Fire to enter the Shadow Temple and the Fire and Light Arrows in Ganon's Castle, but if I remember correctly, you can do all the other temples (including Spirit) without ever visiting a Great Fairy.

Edit: I should mention that you have to do the desert crossing without the ghost to guide you, which takes a bit of memory and courage, but is possible.

Hylian7

ciD_Vain said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/k9cgtf.jpg

I got my CD today too, but my cover is fine. The soundtrack is great, especially the second credits track. Glad I bought the game on day 1 to get this thing. It was very much worth it. I do find it funny though that you only had to buy one game to get this from Club Nintendo, yet to get a series of pins you have to buy a lot of games.

Muskweeto

My CD came today, I ripped it to iTunes and now it sits proudly with my platinum member Mario bros statue, club nintendo Game & Watch "Ball" game, Mario Hanafuda cards and Game & Watch collection 1 and 2.

oatmeal

Banned
Naked Snake said:
Nope. I have the game running on 3DS in front of me right now (I kept a save file at the Forest Temple because I love it so much), and the chanting is there.

Edit: Perhaps you meant the Fire Temple?

Holy shit I did.

I'm dumb.

oatmeal

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK...

When it was on the N64, I played through the Water Temple without any big problems. When it came out on the VC, i played through the Water Temple without any big problems.

But for some stupid fucking reason, I can't fucking find a key that will let me do the rest of the dungeon...

SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW. I've tried every door at every water level.

FUCKKKKKKK

Muskweeto

oatmeal said:
WHAT THE FUCK...

When it was on the N64, I played through the Water Temple without any big problems. When it came out on the VC, i played through the Water Temple without any big problems.

But for some stupid fucking reason, I can't fucking find a key that will let me do the rest of the dungeon...

SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW. I've tried every door at every water level.

FUCKKKKKKK
Did you get the one under the floating block in the centre tower? Or the one behind the longshot chest where you play the song of time?

oatmeal

Banned
Muskweeto said:
Did you get the one under the floating block in the centre tower? Or the one behind the longshot chest where you play the song of time?

Yeah, and yeah.

Figured it out...When I went to lower the water, I floated up past that bombable hole. I kept missing it when I went up, so I kept floating right on by.

On to the boss!

Muskweeto

oatmeal said:
Yeah, and yeah.

Figured it out...When I went to lower the water, I floated up past that bombable hole. I kept missing it when I went up, so I kept floating right on by.

On to the boss!
Oh, good. Those are just the most common ones to miss so I thought I'd throw them out there.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So...I just jizzed in my pants thinking about using the Wii U controller as a lens of truth. I don't know if that's off topic, but that would be absurdly cool.

Muskweeto

SephCast said:
So...I just jizzed in my pants thinking about using the Wii U controller as a lens of truth. I don't know if that's off topic, but that would be absurdly cool.
I'm wondering if someone will make a 3DS emulator for the Wii U where the tv would be the top screen and the tablet would be the bottom screen.
Playing OOT 3D in HD would be pretty cool.

So I've been playing this game at least once a year, and I never knew about the singing frog bug catching game. Granted, I haven't really gone for all the heart pieces, but I still love discovering new things about a game I played when I was 10.

Gino

ciD_Vain said:
k9cgtf.jpg

why not just take it apart and put the art into a different jewel case.

People still know how to do that right? It's been a while sense I've even touched a jewel case like that one.

ciD_Vain said:

That's why I hate jewel cases. They are by far the most fragile and break-prone disc cases, it's always the hinge or the front cover. Glad we're done with them for the most part. They do look good and take very little space, but their construction is horrible.

Roto13

I don't know if I even own a jewel case of any decent quality any more, it's been so long since I bought a CD that came in a plastic one. I hope my case is ok.

D-Pad

Man the Master Quest is unforgivable. Not only did I die in the deku tree (6 times!), I got stuck at one point. How the heck are you supposed to get past the rolling spike log? I had to use the "jump into rolling spike log, get hurt and fall back onto the moving platform, ride through the rolling log" trick.

Muskweeto

D-Pad said:
Man the Master Quest is unforgivable. Not only did I die in the deku tree (6 times!), I got stuck at one point. How the heck are you supposed to get past the rolling spike log? I had to use the "jump into rolling spike log, get hurt and fall back onto the moving platform, ride through the rolling log" trick.
Backflip

GJS

Muskweeto said:
Backflip
You don't have to do that in MQ, in fact it might not even be possible in MQ due to the changes.

They made such a simple change to this puzzle in MQ but I've seen a lot of people not think of it and get stuck,
all you have to do is crouch to pass under it.

McNum

GJS said:
You don't have to do that in MQ, in fact it might not even be possible in MQ due to the changes.

They made such a simple change to this puzzle in MQ but I've seen a lot of people not think of it and get stuck,
It's possible, I did that. Didn't know about that other very obvious way.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I got my soundtrack but are there any orchestrated tracks? I don't see any.
It's an OST, Original Sound Track. Thus, only the tracks exactly from the game are on it. Only one song in the game is orchestrated, and yes it's on the CD.

Dreamwriter said:
It's an OST, Original Sound Track. Thus, only the tracks exactly from the game are on it. Only one song in the game is orchestrated, and yes it's on the CD.
I read that there was one song orchestrated. Which one is it again>

Muskweeto

GJS said:

Oh, that's right, I did know that, it just completely slipped my mind.

oatmeal said:
Finished the Shadow Temple.

Getting close...can't wait to unlock Master Quest.

I just finished Spirit Temple, myself. This game and the whole experience in 3D has made the 3DS pretty much my best gaming purchase of 2011.

Top Bottom