• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Rich!

Gravijah said:
They'll probably skip it like they have skipped remaking half the series already.

Please noooo

MM is my favourite Zelda game, ever. It would be so so good on the 3DS, and deserves the same treatment OOT has been given. Just imagine these moments, with hugely upgraded visuals and models, in 3D:

- The colourful variety of Clock Town
- The snowstorms in the mountain range
- The dark, creepy skulltulla house
- that fucking moon
- rolling around at high speeds as a goron
- gliding through and over the ocean as a zora, as the water splashes around you

ooooh my god

Gravijah

Futureman said:
My guess is MM remake for next year, and new 3DS Zelda in 2013.

This isn't Pokemon we're talking about here! :p

richisawesome said:
Please noooo

MM is my favourite Zelda game, ever. It would be so so good on the 3DS, and deserves the same treatment OOT has been given. Just imagine these moments, with hugely upgraded visuals and models, in 3D:

- that fucking moon
- gliding through and over the ocean as a zora, as the water splashes around you

ooooh my god

Well, I would be happy if it did happen. I've tried playing the game multiple times already but I have never been able to get into it.

rhino4evr

shadyspace said:
There'll be a MM3D and soon. This'll sell gang-busters so they'll be incentive plus Grezzo is far from the busiest developer in the world plus, plus all the heavy lifting is done re: graphic engine.
I don't think so. MM was not a very big hit for Nintendo compared to the rest of the series. A lot of that was because it came late in the Life cycle of N64..but it's also because it was a very unusual Zelda game. It's definitely the most experimental Zelda game ever made.

.hacked

aidan said:
So you're complaining because your sundae doesn't have sprinkles on top of the cherries, whipped cream, hot fudge and ice cream?

Got to do something, been eating that same sundae for 12+ years now.

Rich!

rhino4evr said:
I don't think so. MM was not a very big hit for Nintendo compared to the rest of the series. A lot of that was because it came late in the Life cycle of N64..but it's also because it was a very unusual Zelda game. It's definitely the most experimental Zelda game ever made.

It did incredibly well considering it was launched around the same time as the PS2. Think about that. It was also the last year of the N64's life before the gamecube the next year.

Muskweeto

Rekubot said:
Yeah, it's definitely changed a little bit.
This time around she makes it clear that Kokiri don't become Stalfos, and instead of "Are you going to be... too?" She says something along the lines of "Are you going to become a Stalfos too?".
That's kind of cool, it makes me think that maybe at the end of Majoras Mask
Link never finds his way out of the forest and becoms the Stalfos you see in Twilight Princess.

Edit:
But then again wouldn't he become a stalchild because link was a kid?

rhino4evr

.hacked said:
I would have rather had something like Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for gamecube. Same great original game filled with a bunch of new goodies. Few extra rooms here and there, maybe a hidden Yoshi statue for me to find ;)

The game is just so familiar, kind of depressing. Hey at least Skyward Sword is still coming out, I'll hold off on that one until we get the "enhanced" port to the Wii U.
Ughh...Twin Snakes was awful. Thats the perfect example on how NOT to remake a game. You should just stop posting while your ahead.

Kad5 said:
Yeah it's still at the top with mario galaxies 1 and 2 trailing very close behind it (the galaxy games are equally my favorite along with ocarina but that's just me)
Pretty amazing how a 13 year old game is still considered the greatest game ever made.

Ocarina of Timeless!

kodt

Banned
The Lamp said:
Like I said, they completely remade it to be the same. When I say "same", I mean they left the game the way it was without adding anything. They improved the graphics but not much else. Other than the way the Ice Cavern LOOKS did they actually change the layout of the cavern or add any extra features or rooms? No?

It's a graphical remake but that's it really. They didn't take advantage of the development time to add any real new content to the game, actually. Just a boss mode and Master Quest.

If they change something fans will be up in arms about how they ruined the game.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
rhino4evr said:

The only thing i hated about Majora's Mask was the 3 days time limit, sure you could slow it down, but i hate having a time limit, especially when it last the whole game. I loved everything else though.

.hacked said:
Got to do something, been eating that same sundae for 12+ years now.

Except that sundae now have a much better taste and it feels good man.

Kad5

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Pretty amazing how a 13 year old game is still considered the greatest game ever made.

Ocarina of Timeless!

Well Ocarina set a pretty high standard for games after it. There really weren't any games that had the same epicness or feeling that ocarina gave you.

There were so many things you could do in that game on top of the main game itself which was pretty big in itself. So many 3d action games have influence from that one game nowadays that it's not even funny.

.hacked

rhino4evr said:
Ughh...Twin Snakes was awful. Thats the perfect example on how NOT to remake a game. You should just stop posting while your ahead.

Never said it was good but at least they tried adding to the game. That approach with nintendo's in house quality would have made for an epic game.

rhino4evr said:
MM wasn't a hit because it was SUPER late in the system's life and required a peripheral to even play the game. Had nothing to do with how experimental it was, if you look at the ratings for it it was still over 90%. The few people who were able to play the game loved it.

Futureman

Did MM also suffer from low framerate like OOT?

Only played about an hour of MM probably 10 or so years ago, so I want a remake bad. Don't think Nintendo is gonna ignore this one.

Rich!

snesfreak said:
MM for 3DS must happen, that game needs 30 fps even more than OoT.

Yeah. Especially in the dungeons with multiple (real) light sources, and all the motion blur effects throughout the game. Looked amazing, ran really slowly on the N64 though.

Futureman said:

Only played about an hour of MM probably 10 or so years ago, so I want a remake bad. Don't think Nintendo is gonna ignore this one.

Ran better than OOT in most areas apart from in the cases I mentioned above.

Kard8p3

Futureman said:

Yeah it definitely had framerate problems. Would love a remastered version of that game too.

rhino4evr

.hacked said:
Never said it was good but at least they tried adding to the game. That approach with nintendo's in house quality would have made for an epic game.
No no..adding additional cement to an already solid foundation just makes everything look sloppy. The original game is considered "perfect" to a lot of players. Do we really need a new dungeon? Or a new useless item?

You have to think how these games work to appreciate their complexity. Just tacking some additional content on top does not make it a better game..in some cases can make it worse.

I'll use Twin Snakes as an example. The added abilities (like first person shooting) broke the games difficulty. The added cut scenes ruined the story..turned it into the fucking Matrix Gear Solid.

Pachinko

Well it seems as though this game is either more popular then I expected it to be or nintendo vastly under shipped. 2 best buys and a wal-mart 1 day after release and not a single copy to be purchased.

Kind of surprised me to be honest. Oh well, guess I'll be waiting for the next shipment.

Wow, this game is beautiful.

Pachinko said:
Well it seems as though this game is either more popular then I expected it to be or nintendo vastly under shipped. 2 best buys and a wal-mart 1 day after release and not a single copy to be purchased.

Kind of surprised me to be honest. Oh well, guess I'll be waiting for the next shipment.

It begins...

Kard8p3

Pachinko said:

Well it is a remastering of what many people consider the best game of all time so it's no surprise that it's doing well.

Bisnic

rhino4evr said:
The added cut scenes ruined the story..turned it into the fucking Matrix Gear Solid.

What? You didn't like seeing Snake jumping on a missile so it could fly back to him and into his empty rocket launcher to shoot down a copter?

At least, that's what i think happened, been a while.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
richisawesome said:
Please noooo

- that fucking moon

ooooh my god

In the packet that came with OoT about Zelda's 25th I think it said MM was coming as just a download game. Not sure if it will be 3D remastered at all.

Can anyone look in that booklet and see what it said?

Bisnic

Deadly Cyclone said:
In the packet that came with OoT about Zelda's 25th I think it said MM was coming as just a download game. Not sure if it will be 3D remastered at all.

It only mention being available on the Wii's VC.

Deadly Cyclone said:

That's just an ad for the Wii Shop Channel and what Zelda games are available on it.

Deadly Cyclone said:

Says WII VC

EDIT: Beaten like a cheap hooker

Busaiku

I've been playing with the 3D at all times for about 1.5 hours, and it hasn't really done much for me so far.
It's weird, but the trailer with the 3D on seemed to have more of an effect (comparing the scenes in the trailer that I have gone through thus far).

Really liking the gyro aiming though, but kind of annoying that wherever I'm pointing at becomes the base.

.hacked

rhino4evr said:
No no..adding additional cement to an already solid foundation just makes everything look sloppy. The original game is considered "perfect" to a lot of players. Do we really need a new dungeon? Or a new useless item?

You have to think how these games work to appreciate their complexity. Just tacking some additional content on top does not make it a better game..in some cases can make it worse.

I'll use Twin Snakes as an example. The added abilities (like first person shooting) broke the games difficulty. The added cut scenes ruined the story..turned it into the fucking Matrix Gear Solid.

Guess I have more faith that Nintendo could pull it off. Maybe for the 20 year anniversary addition?

Got it a bit earlier today and I've made it through Hyrule castle.

OOT was the one Zelda game I could never get into. (Well, minus the 2D ones. They just never appealed to me.) I'm completely fine with Wind Waker and TP, but no matter how many times I've tried I just couldn't get into it. Hopefully this time I can, as I really want to like it.

The 3D is..jesus christ my head hurts. I've tried playing solely with that, but I can never really get a sweet spot no matter where the slider is. It's been really cool in some parts, but I just can't get it to be good consistently. So I think it's 2D mode from now on.

Roto13

Pachinko said:

Really? I went to one store (Future Shop) this morning and they had like 20 copies on the shelf.

Acerac

Banned
Cheska said:
I've only been able to play in small bouts so far, which makes me really wish they had changed the save system. I'd love to be able to start where I save rather than back at the village.
Just close the 3ds with wireless off. I've played the game in 15 minute spurts the entire time so far and haven't needed to turn the game off yet. I save the game just to do it, but I don't think it's a necessary feature any more.

I feel bad that I was going to pass on this game. So awesome.

For those who didn't get the confirmation on your cd, the NoA people are quite helpful when called. Took less than 10 minutes to get everything sorted out, and the staff I dealt with was very nice.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Inferno313 said:
That's just an ad for the Wii Shop Channel and what Zelda games are available on it.

Ahhhhh, just glanced at it quick. Thanks guys.

Yeah, hopefully it gets remade like this then. This is the first Zelda I have played for a long period of time and am loving it, but my friend said MM is his favorite. Would love to have that one too.

Chao

Been toying around with the first person view shooting mode and... man is it clear that they were testing waters for the (probaby) upcoming WiiU Zelda.

Jeels

So the anti aliasing in 2D mode makes the game look so much better than whatever the 3D is providing. Makes me sad that I can't enjoy the 3D and the AA, but the AA wins out. :( Considering the game has 3D in the title, I almost feel gipped.

GJS

Just completed my first play through on the 3DS.

23 hours 40 minutes play time in the activity log.

Collected all heart containers, all item upgrades, got the 4th bottle but only collected 77 Gold Skulltulas, not really interested in finishing those.

GJS said:

Collected all heart containers, all item upgrades, got the 4th bottle but only collected 77 Gold Skulltulas, not really interested in finishing those.

With that avatar you have no choice but to get the remaining 23 Skulltulas

rhino4evr

GJS said:

Wow...so Master Quest next?

Teknoman

GJS said:

Wow...that was quick. Then again I guess my Zelda saves usually clock in at 20+ hours...might be more this time around with the sleep option.

Chao said:
Been toying around with the first person view shooting mode and... man is it clear that they were testing waters for the (probaby) upcoming WiiU Zelda.

Oh yeah, the aiming via gyro sensors is amazing, fast precise and intuitive. I would actually love to see games like Fatal Frame or other Horror games using this.

It is wonky in 3D mode, but in 2D mode its so much better than the analog aiming its ridiculous.

I like how fast gyroscope aiming is, but I can't aim accurately with it. I'm always off by like 2 pixels. With the analog stick, I can hit ducks from across Lake Hylia.

I like the speed of gyro turning. If you do a 180 in real life, your in-game character does a 360.

Muskweeto

Nocturnowl said:
Would you like to read that post again?
< No
< Yes
(I swear you shift those options around you crafty buzzard!)
You're probably only joking, but for those who don't realize, the second option is always the right one.

Top Bottom