• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Giolon

cacophony said:
Just got my 3DS with this and played through the Deku Tree. Plays and looks amazing. I played with the 3D for the first time (all the way up) and it kinda gave me a headache and made me feel cross eye. Do you get used to this?

Whoa there. Definitely don't crank the 3D up all the way if it's uncomfortable for you. For me, about halfway is still the sweet spot even a couple months later. Start with the 3D barely on, it's a lot easier on your eyes. Move it up a little bit once you're comfortable with it.

When I first got the system, my eyes would be tired after 10-15 minutes, but now I don't get bothered anymore. I still consistently take a couple minute breaks every half hour or so.

FGMPR said:
It comes out on the 30th here in Aus.

I think I'm going to crack and buy a 3DS and OoT, as I've never played it, and loved Wind Waker. Is OoT really as good as WW, even taking nostalgia into account?

It's better.

Far better pacing, better dungeon design and much better difficulty.

Teknoman said:
lol, he's got a point though. More ambient themes than anything, but there are some good stand out tracks. Personal favorite soundtracks as a whole are Link to the Past, Links Awakening, Minish Cap, and Wind Waker.

More ambient themes?

The game gave us Kokiri Village, Lon Lon Ranch, Lost Woods, Serenade of Water, Zora's Domain, Gerudo Valley and a brand new (and not overplayed) Hyrule Field theme.

OoT's soundtrack is a delight and easily up there with the series' best.

Ocarina of Time edges out Wind Waker I'd say, yes. There is just a huge amount of content in this game.

It has a similar feeling of exploration though. When it's night time and all the music stops you are left with pure ambient sound and atmosphere. It's brilliant, and I've realized is one of my favorite parts of the 3D Zeldas.

RagnarokX

_Alkaline_ said:
More ambient themes?

The game gave us Kokiri Village, Lon Lon Ranch, Lost Woods, Serenade of Water, Zora's Domain, Gerudo Valley and a brand new (and not overplayed) Hyrule Field theme.

Your failure to mention
Song of Storms
disappoints me greatly.

_Alkaline_ said:
More ambient themes?

Most definitely, plus it has the most memorable dungeon tracks in a 3d Zelda(read: only memorable dungeon tracks in a 3d Zelda). I can't remember a single one from WW or TP.

This is the best dungeon track in the series, though :3

Totally overrated.

I agree.

Scarecrow

Well, jeez. I didn't expect to get people riled up. Besides some of the legacy tracks, I can't remember any of OoT's songs besides Song of Storms. MM's music moved me more than OoT's tracks.

snesfreak

Banned
Song of Storms....overrated?
furious5tuh.gif

kunonabi

I'm actually playing Wind Waker right now and I was pretty positive that I was I going to rank it higher than OoT but this Triforce quest is absolutely terrible. I thought it would be tedious and annoying but this is just ridiculous. OoT's Hyrule theme was terrible I would much rather have the "overplayed" one which rarely ever gets played anymore at all.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
_Alkaline_ said:
More ambient themes?

Also because it has a lot of themes that are generally arranged or reused in later games like Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (especially TP)... like a lot of the themes you posted. They're basically like legacy tracks, like someone else pointed earlier. Always familiar, and always a delight to hear in a newer title.

I like a lot of Zelda's music. The Minish Cap theme posted earlier is awesome. I have a deep love for The Wind Waker's Staff Credits theme, though. It's one of the best credits themes I've ever heard, just brilliant.

snesfreak said:
This gif always makes me smile. The expression, the emotion, the gestures, the animation. YES. I need Skyward Sword!

Zoda

Neo Member
How About No said:
Most definitely, plus it has the most memorable dungeon tracks in a 3d Zelda(read: only memorable dungeon tracks in a 3d Zelda). I can't remember a single one from WW or TP.

This is the best dungeon track in the series, though :3

I agree.

Wrong again.

Chatin

The 3D in this game is just stunning. I tried playing a bit with it off, but the game just doesn't look anywhere near as good. With the 3D, it's gotta be one of the best looking games I've played on any system.

hamchan

DownLikeBCPowder said:
I am SO glad this was addressed within 1 post of his statement. My personal favorite as well...

lol, makes it sound like my preference for the ocean theme is some sort of problem ><

Chatin said:
The 3D in this game is just stunning. I tried playing a bit with it off, but the game just doesn't look anywhere near as good. With the 3D, it's gotta be one of the best looking games I've played on any system.

I can't get over it. Even though the Nintendo 64 roots are obvious, I can't believe how good this looks. I seriously under-rated 3DS capabilities and this isn't even beginning to take into account how games like RE look...

hamchan said:
lol, makes it sound like my preference for the ocean theme is some sort of problem ><

I just meant that it was linked, Dragon Roost that is.

Halfway through Dodongo's Cavern, and decided to go to bed. Mashed the power button instead of the start button.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

sigh.

I hated Song of Storms the first time around. I think it may have been the instruments more than the tune, but it really hurt my ears.

Didn't like the OOT Lost Woods theme then either, thought the SNES Lost Woods was a lot nicer.

Beth Cyra

Esiquio said:
This is funny, I was just messing anyway.

Won't lie that it's not my top song.

Then again I'm always kinda let down with Zelda music after the Zelda Medley from Brawl, mixed so many great tracks in such a beautiful way.

Kard8p3

_Alkaline_ said:
Speaking of which, all this discussion is pretty moot anyway. Once SS comes around, we all know it will be the definitive showpiece for Zelda music.

Get hyped bitches

For a second I figured this would link to a great skyward sword theme but it appears there no link to click. Yeah though it will definitely have the best quality music.

Pie Lord said:
That guy really reminds me of Kefka for some reason. This is a good thing.

Looks like it's time to become one with the Ghirihimian brotherhood.

Bruiserk

I finally got to play a 3DS today for my first time while trying out OOT 3DS. I was surprised that the 3D wasn't a pop-out 3D and more of a depth thing, which I enjoyed. When I eventually get 3DS I will definitely be picking up Zelda.

IMACOMPUTA

Wow.. just got to the castle town.. and the graphics in this are actually VERY good! I'm really surprised! Some good textures.

Playing this on 3ds is a blast. Perfect fit IMO. Cant wait to see more deep games on the system.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
_Alkaline_ said:
Ah, fuck. I stuffed up the link.

Get hyped bitches...again.
I need to stop listening to this. Every time I do, I get hyped for this game, and then I remember it's not coming out until the end of the year. I can't wait to get this. The dungeon theme is all sorts of amazing, too... I really love how atmospheric and melancholy it is.

Nintendo said they were going to have a soundtrack CD for SS too, right?

Foxix Von

isny said:
Umm, my letter from Zelda is gone and the Goron wants it. Am I doing it wrong GAF? =(

Yeaah that tripped me up a bit too. That's not quite the note he wants though.

EDIT: Whoa I totally didn't mean that to be that sort of hint but it kind of became a riddle in it's own right. Awesome!

Top Bottom