• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Kard8p3

Dark Schala said:
I need to stop listening to this. Every time I do, I get hyped for this game, and then I remember it's not coming out until the end of the year. I can't wait to get this. The dungeon theme is all sorts of amazing, too... I really love how atmospheric and melancholy it is.

Nintendo said they were going to have a soundtrack CD for SS too, right?

No they said they'll be releasing a CD of the symphony concerts alongside SS.

Busaiku

So I got through Dodongo's Cavern.
It really made me feel stupid trying to hit the eyes (kept thinking you had to hit it from the elevating platform).

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
In the graveyard, there's a small house on the right. Get in it, put 3D on, and enjoy. Best 3D place I have seen so far.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
So I preordered this by accident... but, well, Amazon deal, so I opened it.

Is it just me, or is there far more "ghosting" with light colors in this game in comparison to any other 3D stuff on the 3DS? I have to keep the 3D slider down most of the way or I start getting a halo effect around all light/bright objects.

(Gyro controls are amazing. I really didn't think I'd be using them...)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Kard8p3 said:
No they said they'll be releasing a CD of the symphony concerts alongside SS.
Thank you.

...Oh Nintendo. -_-
Symphony Concert CD isn't bad, but I want a physical SS soundtrack when all is said and done.

Izayoi said:
Say what you will about Spirit Tracks, but it really did have a fucking awesome soundtrack.
A huge improvement over Phantom Hourglass's, that's for sure... er, in my opinion anyway.

marc^o^ said:
In the graveyard, there's a small house on the right. Get in it, put 3D on, and enjoy. Best 3D place I have seen so far.

The interiors in general are amazing. The design, the detail, the depth... best 3D experience I've seen so far.

I started to think, that a classic Resident Evil like game would look incredible on the 3DS. Guided and fixed camera angles... Just thinking about it^^

Teknoman

DavidDayton said:
So I preordered this by accident... but, well, Amazon deal, so I opened it.

Is it just me, or is there far more "ghosting" with light colors in this game in comparison to any other 3D stuff on the 3DS? I have to keep the 3D slider down most of the way or I start getting a halo effect around all light/bright objects.

(Gyro controls are amazing. I really didn't think I'd be using them...)

Nah its not just you. Game looks great, but the slight ghosting gets a little distracting at times. Nothing that really detracts from the game as a whole though.

Also that Skyward Sword video posted earlier, now that counts as actual dungeon music. I like the stuff in OoT, but as far as ambient tracks, I was referring to the dungeon themes. They do really seem like ambient noises with a few small music sections thrown in. Keep in mind im comparing it to coming straight off Link to the Past and Awakening from back in the day. Not that the tracks used dont fit the dungeons, but i'd rather have had tracks like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVmRJoEe8s8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9lu1V5Wc-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPUY8IfR1rI&feature=related

And yes, The Minish Cap had some great dungeon themes.

EDIT: Surprised there are people who dont like OoT's field theme though. Thats great stuff and its even dynamic,changing depending on what you're doing. All the town/village/field/ocarina themes are great.

Teknoman

Kard8p3 said:
Yeah it's quite amazing. I'm really looking forward to that games music.

The boss themes are probably going to blow everyone away. Hoping for some sort of Hyrule Castle remix...even though i'm not sure the royal family will be in place this far back. A sanctuary dungeon theme remix would be right at home though.

Kard8p3

Teknoman said:
The boss themes are probably going to blow everyone away. Hoping for some sort of Hyrule Castle remix...even though i'm not sure the royal family will be in place this far back. A sanctuary dungeon theme remix would be right at home though.

Yeah I would love a hyrule castle remix too but I have a feeling that won't happen. Hearing some of the other classic tunes orchestrated will be amazing though.

Have you heard the ghirihim boss theme?

_Alkaline_ said:
The Yokota style is so obvious in the SS overworld theme. You could easily play Mario Galaxy to that shit.

It definitely is. His style is so amazing that it can fit two completely different types of games and work perfectly.

Kard8p3 said:
It definitely is. His style is so amazing that it can fit two completely different types of games and work perfectly.

I mean, it's definitely a little slower than his Galaxy work as those themes were specifically designed with Mario's movement and speed in mind.

But the way in which he brings different instruments (and the right instruments) together and never allows for hollow, empty space always impresses me.

Ironically it's barely even his own composition.

Teknoman

Kard8p3 said:
Yeah I would love a hyrule castle remix too but I have a feeling that won't happen. Hearing some of the other classic tunes orchestrated will be amazing though.

Have you heard the ghirihim boss theme?

Not yet, every video i've seen has just had show noise in the background.

cacophony said:
This game makes me feel like such an idiot. Even the sections I've already played I can never remember what to do.

Thats a good thing :D fresh experience.

wwm0nkey

cacophony said:
This game makes me feel like such an idiot. Even the sections I've already played I can never remember what to do.
See this why here is why I absolutely LOVE this game, doesn't tell you exactly what to do and doesn't baby you through the whole game. Games just dont do what this game does anymore :(

Izayoi

Banned
cacophony said:
You should feel lucky, man. I wish I could completely forget everything about the game.

Pie Lord

_Alkaline_ said:
Keep in mind that's just the trailer music repeated. There will likely be more to the song than what that link shows.
Hopefully there is. The theme is good, but it just feels incomplete.

Kard8p3

_Alkaline_ said:
Keep in mind that's just the trailer music repeated. There will likely be more to the song than what that link shows.

If it's the overworld theme then there will definitely be more to it. When the music leaks a week or so before the game comes out it's going to be hard not to listen to it all before playing.

Izayoi said:
Oh, this is fantastic.

Anyways, I'm on the Fire Temple right now. I beat the Water Temple, it actually seemed kind of dumbed down. The part I always mess up on in the original game is
that box that rises in the middle tower leaving an opening that has a key in it.
In this game,
the box is a different color than the standard blue, and when the water rises, the camera actually pans to show you the opening. :lol

Clipper

Crumpet Trumpet said:
Oh, this is fantastic.

Anyways, I'm on the Fire Temple right now. I beat the Water Temple, it actually seemed kind of dumbed down. The part I always mess up on in the original game is
that box that rises in the middle tower leaving an opening that has a key in it.
In this game,
the box is a different color than the standard blue, and when the water rises, the camera actually pans to show you the opening. :lol
I'm pretty sure
the camera always panned to show you the opening
. Maybe they made it more obvious, though.

Im trying to get 40 Capacity Bomb Bag? Help?
If I remember right you bomb the big rolling Goron twice right?

Also ive got a dumb question. if you kill a gold Skulltula in a dungeon and you dont collect the token....do you lose the token or will the gold skilltula respawn when you reenter the dungeon.

*edit*
Never mind I found the Skulltula I was missing.
It was in the tree in Kakariko village
. I spent like 2 hour looking for it. I still need help on the Bomb Bag.

*double edit*
Never mind I figured out that the
Rolling goron gives you the 30 capacity bomb bag, but first you need to read the sign thats on the level that he's rolling on, then bomb the dude and the Bombchu Game gives you the 40 capacity bag

Teknoman

Pie Lord said:
If that is what we can expect from a boss who is clearly toying with you, I can't wait to hear what is in store for Ghirahim later on.

I demand more of the pipe organ. Throw in a choir while you're at it.

Agreed. Too bad the player didnt use lock on...but man the boss battle themes are going to be amazing in Skyward Sword.

8BitsAtATime said:
Im trying to get 40 Capacity Bomb Bag? Help?
If I remember right you bomb the big rolling Goron twice right?

Also ive got a dumb question. if you kill a gold Skulltula in a dungeon and you dont collect the token....do you lose the token or will the gold skilltula respawn when you reenter the dungeon.
Can't remember your first question, but any time you don't get a token the whole creature will just respawn later.

Loving the game so far. I just got the Master Sword.

By the way, is anyone else having slightly sluggish framerate once in awhile? I noticed it a lot during Zora's domain and certain parts when I'm traveling around Hyrule. It gets a little bit choppy.

It isn't major but just slightly noticeable.

BGBW said:
What? That's from aLttP. At least you didn't say Zelda's Lullaby which most people mistakenly say is from OoT.

Woops, I meant Kokiri Forest, not Village.

You were thinking Kakariko, which is indeed ALttP.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Loving the game so far. I just got the Master Sword.

By the way, is anyone else having slightly sluggish framerate once in awhile? I noticed it a lot during Zora's domain and certain parts when I'm traveling around Hyrule. It gets a little bit choppy.

It isn't major but just slightly noticeable.

Are you playing with 3D on or off?

I caved and should have a 3DS plus this game tomorrow. I'm weak, I could not resist :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
_Alkaline_ said:
Woops, I meant Kokiri Forest, not Village.

You were thinking Kakariko, which is indeed ALttP.
Whoops. It's early and I basically read it as K... Village.

BGBW said:
What? That's from aLttP. At least you didn't say Zelda's Lullaby which most people mistakenly say is from OoT.

You misread it, so did I at first. Kakariko Village is from LTTP, Kokiri forest is Link's home in OOT.

And yeah it always pisses me off when people say Zelda's Lullaby is from OOT.

LTTPs soundtrack is easily as good as if not better than OOT. Definitely chock full of amazingly memorable tunes. And the ending/credits haven't been beaten in any other Zelda yet.

Many already know this, but Zelda's Lullaby is Yokota's favourite theme of the series.

No surprise then that SS's overworld theme is Zelda's Lullaby but in reverse.

Muskweeto

I've been backtracking older dungeons to collect things I couldn't get before and I've wandered around Dodongo's Cavern for a long time and I still seem to be missing a gold skultula somewhere, I have no idea where else to look.

DeMeester

I'm really enjoying this version even though I probably completed the original multiple times. The only thing that isn't working for me is the 3D, because if I move the 3DS slightly to the left or right I can't see the 3D effect any more. I haven't noticed this with other games, but it could be me :). So I'm playing it in 2D, and only switch to 3D when there are story developments.

Top Bottom