• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Has the fact that Nintendo of Europe apologises for the errors people have had trying to get the soundtrack been posted on here yet?

They say that if you have already registered the game, you will receive an email detailing on how you can get the soundtrack. Also you can register now to get the soundtrack.

Source

Also my fucking shiny-gold preorder box and poster hasn't arrived from GAME yet. I'm really annoyed. Anyone who preordered from GAME get theirs yet?

Muskweeto said:
I've been backtracking older dungeons to collect things I couldn't get before and I've wandered around Dodongo's Cavern for a long time and I still seem to be missing a gold skultula somewhere, I have no idea where else to look.

If I'm not mistaken, I think you need (thing you get later in the game)
scarecrow's song
to get one of them.

I haven't played the game in years though, so I could be wrong, but I think I even remember the room it's in.

pramath

Banned
I still haven't been able to get my hands on this game. It majorly sucks, I've been looking forward to this game ever since it was first announced last year, and I just can't buy it. Amidst reports that the game is selling out everywhere now, I'm worried that I won't be able to get my hands on it anytime soon, especially since I am currently in a place where Nintendo products aren't officially available, and have to be imported.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ashbash159 said:
Has the fact that Nintendo of Europe apologises for the errors people have had trying to get the soundtrack been posted on here yet?

They say that if you have already registered the game, you will receive an email detailing on how you can get the soundtrack. Also you can register now to get the soundtrack.

Source

Also my fucking shiny-gold preorder box and poster hasn't arrived from GAME yet. I'm really annoyed. Anyone who preordered from GAME get theirs yet?
I saw the news, but I've yet to get an email. At least we know all those people claiming that they had run out of CD were bullshitting as usual.

Haven't heard anything from GAME.

Muskweeto

PolarBearsClub said:
If I'm not mistaken, I think you need (thing you get later in the game)
scarecrow's song
to get one of them.

I haven't played the game in years though, so I could be wrong, but I think I even remember the room it's in.
Ooh, thank you, that didn't even cross my mind. I'll try tomorrow, time for sleep.

The song you have to use to make a great fairy appear is zelda's lullaby , right ?
I tried like 20 times yesterday after I was done with the fire temple , and nothing happened ...

Moundir&Tony>you said:
The song you have to use to make a great fairy appear is zelda's lullaby , right ?
I tried like 20 times yesterday after I was done with the fire temple , and nothing happened ...
You must stand on the Triforce symbol on the floor and play that song.

ashbash159 said:
You must stand on the Triforce symbol on the floor and play that song.
That's what I did . I got the little chime when I touched the ocarina symbol on the lower screen , then did the song right , another chime , and then nothing .

Weird , I'll try again later .

Could that be because I should go visit another fairy first ?

AniHawk

so i made it to the forest temple and i'm stopping for tonight, before the real meat of the game begins. about five hours in. at my current progression, i'm guessing i'll be done with the main quest in about 15-20 hours, when it took me twice that when i was a kid.

it's really, really weird playing the original game for the first time in over a decade. i remember more than i should about the dungeon design and the general progression of the game (although the sage dungeons/temples are a little more fuzzy). it's kinda like going back to the house you grew up in. it's smaller and less impressive than it was when you were younger... but it's still home.
i realize how corny that sounds, but i have a really strong irrational attachment to this thing.

kiryogi

Banned
So I think I've confirmed this on Gamefaqs but... Anyone having issues getting a roll after falling from a high place? I'm holding forward and nothing. It seems like they tweaked what distance it can be done at.

AniHawk said:
so i made it to the forest temple and i'm stopping for tonight, before the real meat of the game begins. about five hours in. at my current progression, i'm guessing i'll be done with the main quest in about 15-20 hours, when it took me twice that when i was a kid.

it's really, really weird playing the original game for the first time in over a decade. i remember more than i should about the dungeon design and the general progression of the game (although the sage dungeons/temples are a little more fuzzy). it's kinda like going back to the house you grew up in. it's smaller and less impressive than it was when you were younger... but it's still home.

It is weird haha. I have memories from Twilight Princess confusing me. Thinking Zora's Domain or Lake Hylia being bigger than they are actually.

Chopper

kiryogi said:
So I think I've confirmed this on Gamefaqs but... Anyone having issues getting a roll after falling from a high place? I'm holding forward and nothing. It seems like they tweaked what distance it can be done at.
Yes! I thought it was just me. Sometimes I roll, more often I don't. Doesn't make much sense.

Is there a way of seeing if there are still Gold Skulltullas in an area? I'm sure I remember the main skulltulla in the house in Kakariko memtione something, but I forget.

Also, can anyone tell me when I should get the
eye of truth? I emptied the well in the past, and walk through the wall,
but don't want to get ahead of myself...

kiryogi said:

Yeah I noticed this.

Seems as though they made the game a little less forgiving than the original, like not being able to scoop up a bug used over soil patches.

Chopper said:
Also, can anyone tell me when I should get the
eye of truth? I emptied the well in the past, and walk through the wall,
but don't want to get ahead of myself...

You're going to need it after the Water Temple

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
got
41 skultulas, shard of agony, big wallet, giant's wlalet, 10 heart containers, biggest bomb bag, biggest bullet bag, all the deku stick and deku nut upgrades, Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, the sword technique at the top of Death Mountain, have bought ten magic beans and planted eight, three bottles, learned epona's song...

I think I'm ready to open the door of time now :p

It's amazing I remember everything haha (Although I think I might have missed a skultula, can't remember if it's
or
you can get before turning into an adult)

mdtauk

UncleSporky said:
I looked up a text dump of the old game and it sounds mostly the same as what you said:

That guy isn't here anymore.
Anybody who comes into the
forest will be lost.
Everybody will become a Stalfos.
Everybody, Stalfos.
So, he's not here anymore.
Only his saw is left. Hee hee.

That medicine is made of
forest mushrooms. Give it back!
Yes
No

Heh heh heh.
Are you going to be... too?
Heh heh!
Something just struck me with this quote...

The gold wolf in Twilight Princess - people speculate that he may be
The Hero of Time from OoT
, and wasn't he a skeleton/Stalfos ?

Doomboy

Neo Member
Okay, just got my e-mail from NOE apologising about the error over the weekend. They say that it should be working now if you haven't already registered, but they will soon send another e-mail to people who have already registered the game to give them an opportunity to redeem the CD. I guess the wait continues then...

Transcript of e-mail

ruxtpin

Banned
Reading the impressions is making me very anxious. I pre-ordered the game from Amazon, but because I'm staying on a completely different side of town, I won't be able to actually have my copy in hand until Saturday. rage! =P

I suppose I could blow 6 bucks and get my Link fix via the GBC game that I never played.

ruxtpin said:
Reading the impressions is making me very anxious. I pre-ordered the game from Amazon, but because I'm staying on a completely different side of town, I won't be able to actually have my copy in hand until Saturday. rage! =P

I suppose I could blow 6 bucks and get my Link fix via the GBC game that I never played.

Link's Awakening is fantastic. I'll be going back to it once I finish OoT.

Chopper

ruxtpin said:

Do it. You could finish Link's Awakening in that time, and it's amazing.
Assuming you have nothing more important to do instead!

Doomboy said:
Okay, just got my e-mail from NOE apologising about the error over the weekend. They say that it should be working now if you haven't already registered, but they will soon send another e-mail to people who have already registered the game to give them an opportunity to redeem the CD. I guess the wait continues then...

Transcript of e-mail
I have that exact same email.

Kjellson

Chopper said:
Got a
nut upgrade
and a
stick upgade
. Where do I get a
seed upgrade
?
There are two of them. One is in Lost Woods in the room with the two Skull Kids. Shoot bulls eye on the target in the tree a couple of times in a row and you will get an upgrade. The other is in the shooting gallery in Market.

Chopper

Kjellson said:
There are two of them. One is in Lost Woods in the room with the two Skull Kids. Shoot bulls eye on the target in the tree a couple of times in a row and you will get an upgrade. The other is in the shooting gallery in Market.
Nice, thankyou. Are there
two upgrades for everything?

Apparently there is a glitch with the Epona races where you can let Ingo get a big lead on you, then simply ride away from the track to the edge of the farm, slowly following the outer fence, and Ingo will disappear. You can complete both races leisurely.

Something to do with the way they cull objects by distance.

Anyone able to test?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
UncleSporky said:
Apparently there is a glitch with the Epona races where you can let Ingo get a big lead on you, then simply ride away from the track to the edge of the farm, slowly following the outer fence, and Ingo will disappear. You can complete both races leisurely.

Something to do with the way they cull objects by distance.

Anyone able to test?
I can test later today

Muskweeto said:
I've been backtracking older dungeons to collect things I couldn't get before and I've wandered around Dodongo's Cavern for a long time and I still seem to be missing a gold skultula somewhere, I have no idea where else to look.

I don't have the answers other than saying it's not about where you look, but what you can hear!

Fire temple is definitely the most boring one, aesthetically and design-wise. I also got stuck once again in a specific section, and I remember being stuck when i went through it the first time.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
You all saying you remember every little detail... I can't even remember how to get the last Cuckoo behind the house! Haha.

I can walk around this game for an hour, doing nothing, and just soaking up the world in 3D. Worth that alone.

Roto13

God, I've played this game enough times to remember everything about it. I even noticed that they kept the short little pause the moment the Deku Babas respawn as you leave the area with the Deku Tree. :p Grinding for deku sticks.
Chopper said:
Nice, thankyou. Are there
two upgrades for everything?
Yup. :p
Most of them are in the Lost Woods, really.

Pomegranate

Neo Member
Is it just me, or is there a bug or something in the game?

Apparently, while playing Zelda, the system cannot automatically connect to the internet (I don't get notifications when my friends are online and they cannot know that I'm online and playing Zelda.)

I tested this on more than one system, and I got the same result.

Luigi87

Pomegranate said:
Is it just me, or is there a bug or something in the game?

Apparently, while playing Zelda, the system cannot automatically connect to the internet (I don't get notifications when my friends are online and they cannot know that I'm online and playing Zelda.)

I tested this on more than one system, and I got the same result.

I've noticed this too and mentioned it earlier in the thread, and have had others confirm.

I'm not sure if it is a glitch, or for battery reasons, but I think (while it remains enabled) Nintendo may disable network communications when one is running Ocarina of Time 3DS when it isn't plugged in.

Of course if you are playing it plugged in, then I really don't know what to think other than a bug.

Kato

Krakatoa said:
Anyone else turning of 3d during tense moments?

Only when looking around with free look, otherwise its maxed out.

What really stands out for me more so then anything else in this version are the colors. In the fairy caves as example. Beautiful colors all around. The fairies themselves are still as ugly as I remembered .. Them bitches giving me chills all over again.

Just got back in town from a business trip. FUUUUUCK I'm totally getting this game today :)

I did just buy a lot of eshop games but they will have to wait!

Haziqonfire said:
They said the same to me, I called today.

I got an email just 5 minutes ago saying my order has been shipped :p. You should get one too soon, hopefully :).

Yup I got my confirmation e-mail yesterday. :)

Anyways, due to being busy I haven't been able to play the game since Sunday when I beat the Gohma Queen. Still a great boss but I don't remember it being so easy. Guess it's just because my skills have improved over the years combined with being used to the game's mechanics for so long. Also, I love how when the the Deku scrub gives away her weakness to you he feels bad about it and laments by saying "Oh Queenie..." haha Great how they've kept in funny lines like that. Anyways, time to go to work. :( But then when I get home I get to play more OoT 3D, DK '94 and Excitebike 3D. :D

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kato said:
Only when looking around with free look, otherwise its maxed out.

What really stands out for me more so then anything else in this version are the colors. In the fairy caves as example. Beautiful colors all around. The fairies themselves are still as ugly as I remembered .. Them bitches giving me chills all over again.

Their boobs are not pointy though. :mad:

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Oh wow I get Amazon credit too... the gift that keeps on giving... Might get Spongebob ... >_>

Top Bottom