• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Meier

Well, Amazon got me. I was planning on sending their copy back due to the fuck up on delivery date and no deals.. but then they just dropped the $20 credit towards a 3DS game purchased by 9/30 on me so sorry Gamestop, returning the unopened copy to you guys. :lol

Aww shit, I thought it'd be on any title until then.. I already have Samurai Warriors, Nintendogs and Pilotwings so really, nothing else interests me. Dammit. :(

rhino4evr

Meier said:
Well, Amazon got me. I was planning on sending their copy back due to the fuck up on delivery date and no deals.. but then they just dropped the $20 credit towards a 3DS game purchased by 9/30 on me so sorry Gamestop, returning the unopened copy to you guys. :lol

Aww shit, I thought it'd be on any title until then.. I already have Samurai Warriors, Nintendogs and Pilotwings so really, nothing else interests me. Dammit. :(
Just email customer service...when I bought the 3DS I got a $25 credit for "select" 3DS games. I emailed them and was able to use the credit on Zelda..so my order is $14.99.

Now with the additional credit..I will probably try to pre-order Super Mario

dvolovets

Huh, didn't expect to get the Amazon credit. :) I wonder if I can hold on to it for a while and just get Shin Megami Tensei, or maybe even Resident Evil...

Dartastic

dvolovets said:
Huh, didn't expect to get the Amazon credit. :) I wonder if I can hold on to it for a while and just get Shin Megami Tensei, or maybe even Resident Evil...
I got it too, and I have no idea what I want to spend it on. Have they announced a date for Starfox?

gamingeek

Synless said:
Is the music updated? I feel like it sounds a hell of a lot better. Than again, I only beat this game once when the game came out.

I've played the game 4 or 5 times before and some of the music here sounds different to what I remember, certainly higher quality if not rearranged slightly in places. It's great.

BTW UK Gaffers, Nintendo emailed me, said that we have till June 30th to register the game to get the free CD.

Kato

Revolutionary said:
Were they 'Lara Croft in Tomb Raider 1' pointy in the original?

N64:
youmeanthis.png

They are as ugly as always. I almost thought one of them would poke my eye out with their pointy 3D nose.

EDIT: Beaten by a boobs length

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
rhino4evr said:
I just got Super Mario 3Ds for $19.99!!!

Amazon Rules!!!!
How? i thought the $20 credit was only applicable for released 3DS games.

M-PG71C

Heh, got a $20 Amazon credit too. Bad ass, Amazon is still the best! You can have a shitty poster from GameStop or cold hard cash (sorta) from Amazon.

I'm using it towards a pre-order of StarFox 64 3D, its worth $40 but $20 is much better. Actually, I may end up getting it for free, like OoT3D, if I play my cards right...

rhino4evr

thetrin said:
How? i thought the $20 credit was only applicable for released 3DS games.
Customer Sevice is your friend. Just do a webchat tell them you just got a $20 credit and it's not showing up. They will discount your order. I did the exact same thing when I pre ordered Zelda with the $25 promo credit for buying a 3DS.

Link Man

Banned
gamingeek said:
I've played the game 4 or 5 times before and some of the music here sounds different to what I remember, certainly higher quality if not rearranged slightly in places. It's great.

BTW UK Gaffers, Nintendo emailed me, said that we have till June 30th to register the game to get the free CD.
Kakariko Village theme is different for child and adult time periods.

snap0212

Synless said:
Who do I trade this skull mask to?
Skull Mask: After obtaining this mask, enter the Lost Woods from Kokiri Forest and go left. Put on the mask, stand on the stump, and talk to the Skull Kid. He will only give you 10 rupees for the 20 rupee mask, but you will now be able to borrow the Spooky Mask. Also, if you play Saria's Song , he will give you a piece of heart. Note: This is also a good time to head to the Forest Stage detailed below.

Source: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/The_Happy_Mask_Shop

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What I love about OoT is that it's actually one of those few games that I haven't played in years, and in record time, makes me love it all over again. I tend to be lukewarm on ports and remakes, because the magic is often missing from rereleases, but OoT simply isn't like that. I'm still early on (in Jabu Jabu's belly atm) because I haven't had a ton of time to play, but with the updated textures and the inclusion of 3D, OoT's gameplay shines through (which really does stand the test of time).

My one and only complaint is that the game doesn't include targeting improvements from Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, but it's a small thing.

Dartastic said:
Whoa. I need to try and do this.

Edit - Just did it. Fuck yeah Amazon, and fuck yeah Amazon customer service. =D

Man, all I got was
Thank for waiting.
I Have checked the details and for this I have to forward this issue to amazon marketing department and they will get back to You within 1-2 business day.
I can see you're disappointed, and I can assure you that I'm here to help and will do everything possible to resolve this.

I can't manipulate amazon customer support like all the cool kids can :(

SmithnCo

Just got to the second dungeon, I have to say I like the gyro controls. I thought it would be a lame addition but it really improves aiming when you can use the circle pad to get in the general area and then the gyro to adjust your shots. I'm using 2D mostly because I like the AA and I have been using the gyro a lot. But for some cutscenes and whatnot I turn on the 3D and it is very nice.

Big One said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH-Oz_Z40CU

Master Sword glitch.

Edit: Oops sorry, already posted. Oh well still very crazy though.

lol, nice to know this game's reputation of neat glitches carries over.

Ghost23

Well guys, this is my first time playing OoT even though I've played about 5 other Zelda's, and I'm loving every moment of it! I can't stop playing it! Right now I'm in Jabu Jabu, and I'm getting killed time after time by that mid boss that swings around with spikes at the bottom (assuming that's the mid boss). I don't want any help, but this thing is stumping me!

So I just beat the game and dungeon 1 of Master Quest. Because Link is right-handed in MQ, he holds items such as the Deku Stick on the other side of him now. So lighting torches takes some getting used to.

The end of the original game was fairly epic (more so than a lot of other games) but the 3DS version totally ups the ante. And the sequence right before the final boss... It looks soooo much better now. I always felt that it looked like an afterthought in the original game, but not anymore.

The final boss isn't as dark, i.e. it's a tiny bit more colorful, but somehow it makes it much more menacing.

SmithnCo said:
lol, nice to know this game's reputation of neat glitches carries over.
I'd like to imagine they put some glitches in on purpose. :p

Dartastic

Weird dude, just live chat with them and literally say you had a $20 dollar credit that wasn't showing up, someone should fix it, like, immediately.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
For some reason Amazon gave me the $20 and another $10 credit. I didn't have either one earlier today.
Got my free Monkey Ball, so I have another $8 in credit I guess to use by Sep. 30th.

FuzzyNorman said:
Well guys, this is my first time playing OoT even though I've played about 5 other Zelda's, and I'm loving every moment of it! I can't stop playing it! Right now I'm in Jabu Jabu, and I'm getting killed time after time by that mid boss that swings around with spikes at the bottom (assuming that's the mid boss). I don't want any help, but this thing is stumping me!

Took me 5 hours to get through there, its the most difficult point in the game thus far. Good luck!

I'm stuck in the Water Temple. I need another key for the door at the top of the waterfall that you have to grapple up.

I haven't got whatever item is in this dungeon yet.

There's a lot of grapple points too far away. Am I getting an extended hook shot?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Got to Hyrule Castle. I must say I'm quite impressed by some of the texture work.

boiled goose

good with gravy
reading impressions highlights were TP falls short.

There are just so many small memorable moments and characters scattered in the world throughout OOT .

boiled goose

good with gravy
ashbash159 said:
I'm stuck in the Water Temple. I need another key for the door at the top of the waterfall that you have to grapple up.

There's a lot of grapple points too far away. Am I getting an extended hook shot?

probably missing the one in the center room. after you raise the water level. look underneath one of the platforms that floats.

SmithnCo

ashbash159 said:

There are two keys in particular that always stump people in that temple.
One that is past a bombable wall above where you see Ruto, and one where you need to push a block in about the center of the temple, which takes some maneuvering.

Ghost23

Dedication Through Light said:
Took me 5 hours to get through there, its the most difficult point in the game thus far. Good luck!

Everytime I die, I just think about how awesome it will be when I actually figure out what to do. I was afraid for some reason that this game would be easy. Man was I wrong!

ashbash159 said:

yes, you'll get the new hookshot in the water temple.

We really should make a FAQ thread about the Watertemple or OoT in general. Is there one allready? If not someone should definetly make one.

SmithnCo said:
There are two keys in particular that always stump people in that temple.
One that is past a bombable wall above where you see Ruto, and one where you need to push a block in about the center of the temple, which takes some maneuvering.
I got the
bombable wall
key. But that second key I don't know what you're talking about.

SmithnCo

ashbash159 said:
I got the
bombable wall
key. But that second key I don't know what you're talking about.

I think if you look around the mid-level of the "main room" of the dungeon, you may see a doorway that leads to a block that you can push for a little ways. If you can get around from another angle and push the block more, there should be a key beyond it. I forget if you need the dungeon's item to do it, though.

SmithnCo said:
I think if you look around the mid-level of the "main room" of the dungeon, you may see a doorway that leads to a block that you can push for a little ways. If you can get around from another angle and push the block more, there should be a key beyond it. I forget if you need the dungeon's item to do it, though.
Is it where you pull the block until it sinks into the ground so you can't move it any more. Then you have to have the water risen to the middle, have to shoot an arrow in the eye to open the gate for you to grapple the grapple point? That grapple point is too far.

Top Bottom