• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

shahkur

Bought a 3DS and this game today just to play Zelda LOL. Never really played Ocarina Of Time or Majora's Mask before, but have completed all the other Zelda's (Except for the NES ones). First off, I was amazed by the 3D. I was wondering, how come I see double images (Ghosting?) when the 3D is at max or more than halfway? I've only just made it past the deku tree dungeon so far, but I cant wait to get further into the game.

OT: How do I adjust the 3DS brightness?

bytesized said:
Just started the game. Man, I forgot everything about this game. I started by getting lost in Kakariko and then taking forever to find the sword. Now I just passed the deku tree dungeon and tomorrow I'll start roaming Hyrule field :)

Game is gorgeous and the 3d is really good but the ghosting is almost unavoidable, at least in parts with dark spots, its's very easy to notice how the images are superposing. I hope this does not mean dark games like Resident Evil will be filled with ghosting :( It's not like super distracting but it's noticeable enough to take away a bit of the wow factor for sure.
It's not really a darkness thing with ghosting. I mean it was in OoT for me(Going down dark halls, the lost woods, and the Sacred Realm.) but in PilotWing it never happen to me unless I was going after balloons.(Happen less at night.)

MoogPaul

shahkur said:
Bought a 3DS and this game today just to play Zelda LOL. Never really played Ocarina Of Time or Majora's Mask before, but have completed all the other Zelda's (Except for the NES ones). First off, I was amazed by the 3D. I was wondering, how come I see double images (Ghosting?) when the 3D is at max or more than halfway? I've only just made it past the deku tree dungeon so far, but I cant wait to get further into the game.

OT: How do I adjust the 3DS brightness?

I'm under the impression that this is based upon your eyes. I can't use the thing at full 3D (I also see ghosting at this point) but my wife can. Peoples are different.

rhino4evr

I don't really see double unless I move my head too much. If you stay focused you shouldn't see any ghosting.

The 3D adds a lot to the cinematic experience. When you play a song on the Ocarina the effect is amazing..but there have been many more that's its too hard to count.

Consider the 3D justified.

Bruiserk

In my experience (which only lasted about 30 mins, also first time with a 3DS) it took a while to get used to looking into the 3DS rather than at a specific object in the game so that it doesn't look like there are two objects there. Anyone else have to get used to that?

Roto13

I get a lot of ghosting when the slider is at max no matter what I do. It's fine when I set it to about half, though. I have to turn it off when using gyro aiming. :p

Link Man said:
At the Forest Temple right now. Tried battling the Poe Sisters in 3D, but I had to turn it off due to the ghosting.
For me it's all looks good and felt fine until I got to the sacred realm. It's the only place I turned off the 3D because no matter how I was looking at the screen I could see ghosting.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Effect said:
So is this anyone's first time playing Ocarina of Time? Curious as to what new players think of the game.
Everyone playing for their first time is really enjoying it, if past comments are anything to go by. I haven't played through the game in years, so for me, it's like playing for the first time.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Link Man said:
At the Forest Temple right now. Tried battling the Poe Sisters in 3D, but I had to turn it off due to the ghosting.

WJHsT.jpg

Effect said:
So is this anyone's first time playing Ocarina of Time? Curious as to what new players think of the game.

For the game to have so much appeal, its more difficult than I expected. Kind of baffles me that I missed out on this franchise before. Though, I believe Im headed to the Forest Temple.

One place I found the 3D very helpful was
the electric tennis match against Ganondorf at the end. Back on the N64 I had to get into a rhythm with it to keep batting it back at the right time, but now I could judge how close it was to me and never missed.

Well I could get to the Forest Temple if I could find someway to get through the Sacred Meadow and defeat these stupid Moblins?! Are they impervious to attacks or something, I just get rammed and stuck in the water and never close enough to attack since it just charges back at me.

Dedication Through Light said:
Well I could get to the Forest Temple if I could find someway to get through the Sacred Meadow and defeat these stupid Moblins?! Are they impervious to attacks or something, I just get rammed and stuck in the water and never close enough to attack since it just charges back at me.
Sneak past them using L targeting or go with the old
"hookshot in the back"
trick.

Ive gotten almost all the upgrades I could at this point in the game but cant remember where to obtain the rupee bag upgrade for some reason. I hate to do this but its driving me nuts and probaly somewhere im going to feel stupid any help?

Medalion

Banned
I dunno if this was posted before, most likely has

During the Hyrule court scene with Zelda as a kid, you get a chance to peer through the windows of the sides of the castles... in the N64 version, there was an Easter Egg of Mario from Mario 64 with his winged cap on

In this 3DS version they have a scene from the New Super Mario Bros with the blocks and warp pipes more akins to NSMB than anything else

I thought it was a nice touch

Outtrigger888 said:
Ive gotten almost all the upgrades I could at this point in the game but cant remember where to obtain the rupee bag upgrade for some reason. I hate to do this but its driving me nuts and probaly somewhere im going to feel stupid any help?
house of skulltula.

Rich!

Outtrigger888 said:

Collect some more skulltulas. Go to Skulltula house. Receive upgrade.

Medalion said:
During the Hyrule court scene with Zelda as a kid, you get a chance to peer through the windows of the sides of the castles... in the N64 version, there was an Easter Egg of Mario from Mario 64 with his winged cap on

Not only that, but you had images of Luigi, Yoshi and Bowser.

Jackano said:
What kills me the more with TP is that at the beginning, Link have a mission: Bringing a gift to Hyrule for the King's family. Then shit appens, wolf link, Midona etc... And you never heard about the gift anymore. We didn't even knew what actually is the gift, unless I miss something (and will happy to learn about by the way)!
The Ordon sword and shield was the gift.

The annoying question never answered in TP, and this comes down to how rushed and horribly written it was, was how it was never explained why the Ordon children were kidnapped.

I suck so much at under water diving... I cannot get into the lake Hylia entrance from Zora's domain

so hard to control Link when diving :(

edit: ah damn forgot I needed an item to dive deeper LOL

Thanks, hookshot required patience, but the hit in the back trick worked! Got it, Sheik must have a thing for Link, shes litrally stalking him to these destinations. Now, I pray that Forest Temple is easier than that Jabu Jabu stomach! heh.

Im just about to get the master sword. Its going to take around 30 hours for me to 100%.

Heres the stats

Play Time - 14:42
Times Played 13

10 Hearts
43 - Skulltula Tokens
Biggest Deku Seed Bullet Bag
Biggest Bomb Bag

RagnarokX

KeeSomething said:
The Ordon sword and shield was the gift.

The annoying question never answered in TP, and this comes down to how rushed and horribly written it was, was how it was never explained why the Ordon children were kidnapped.
King Bulbin and his crew went to Ordon Spring to spread the twilight to the Ordon Province. The kids got in the way and they decided to kidnap them.

watershed

Banned
I just picked this game up today from gamestop. Used the pick up at store online option to ensure a copy. They only had a handful left and this was their second shipment already.

When the opening menu came up with hyrule field in 3d I had the stupidest smile on my face and felt an intense sense of calm, just like the original. Honestly I was not expecting that especially since I had already seen the remastered opening a number of times on youtube but it really hit me.

The game is great so far. My only issues are the lack of AA in 3d, it makes 2d such an enticing option. Also don't like some camera issues like the camera getting stuck behind/inside a tree trunk, especially in 3d its quite jarring. Same with some clipping issues. Some ground and wall textures are lacking when up close.

Other than that this game is amazing, I don't like remakes in general but this remake is totally worth it. Plus I only paid 20 something for it. Sooo good.

Dedication Through Light said:
Thanks, hookshot required patience, but the hit in the back trick worked! Got it, Sheik must have a thing for Link, shes litrally stalking him to these destinations. Now, I pray that Forest Temple is easier than that Jabu Jabu stomach! heh.

Sheik's a dude, dude.

GeekyDad

All I have to say about this game is...this is the first time my 3DS battery charge has turned red since owning the system. Take from that what you will.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
GeekyDad said:
All I have to say about this game is...this is the first time my 3DS battery charge has turned red since owning the system. Take from that what you will.

Same here. Though at the same time its really illustrating just how bad the 3DS battery life is.

Medalion

Banned
butter_stick said:
As a kid I found the battle theme scary. I used to play dungeons with the TV muted.
Are you talking about when you fight the mid-level bosses?

I love that theme more than the final battle themes actually

Speaking of the shadow temple, I just got finished getting the
lens of truth from the bottom of the well
and I have to say I'm more upset about the complete lack of blood than I should be. Especially on the
dead hand
. Anyways, game is looking quite amazing overall though and I'm looking forward to finishing this first 100% play through and experiencing master quest for the first time.

Top Bottom