• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

demonturkey said:
Meanwhile on NeoGaf Games Forum...

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT| 4,849

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword E3 trailer 4,825

odence-surprise.jpeg

Is it that strange that people have more to say about a full game than a trailer for one? Or am I missing your point?

Londa

Banned
With the 3D turned on, does anyone else notice how the particles come out of the screen and that Navi will pop out right in your face at times?

demonturkey said:
Meanwhile on NeoGaf Games Forum...

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT| 4,849

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword E3 trailer 4,825

http://www.networkworld.com/community/files/imce/img_blogs/odence-surprise.jpeg[/QUOTE]

OT should have more?

KevinCow

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
oh I can get pass the redeads I just wanted to know what opens the wall in the last room
its like a dead end with writings on it... not sure if there is a song or something that breaks it open

Read the wall. That's what's down there.

man now that I am adult link I regret not doing more with those damn seeds

I forget does this game also go back in time? Meaning can you be a kid again at some point?

I should have made a second save copy :(

Nicktendo86

Only just got my 3DS back from repairs yesterday and might now have to send it back as I can't get on the shop! Managed to finish the first dungeon last night though, I must say having played though the virtual console version a few months ago this game looks amazing, such an improvement over the original. The gyro works really well as well, aiming felt natural strait away.

The 3D is also the best I've seen on the system, really draws you in. I was also really surprised that I didn't keep losing the 3D effect when moving the system to aim, found my head was moving with it which actually feels amazing, to move your head around the room to look around a room in the game.

SmithnCo

Smiles and Cries said:

I forget does this game also go back in time? Meaning can you be a kid again at some point?

Of course. You have to go back to being a kid to do several key things.

Smiles and Cries said:

Yes, go back to the Temple of Time after doing the Forest Temple.

Muskweeto

Well, I've beaten the original quest except for a few heart pieces.

I tried out master quest for a little bit to see how everything looks mirrored and I can tell I'm going to have trouble finding my way around.

Just in the Kokiri Forest I got turned around a few times and seeing as I've only beaten master quest once back when it first came out I'll probably have some trouble in the dungeons.

For now I think I'll find the last remaining heart pieces and take a break from the game for the sake of my sanity.

Chopper

Smiles and Cries said:

You can go back whenever you like. In fact, I recommend you do so.

Edit: Sigh...

kiryogi

Banned
Just finished the Forest Temple. Boss there is definitely one of the neatest ones so far to face in 3D. Probably since he's always coming at you.

artwalknoon said:
Uh-oh, I'm developing one issue that's threatening to limit the amount of time I can spend with this game in a single session. My hands are starting to cramp up. The 3ds is just a bit too small for me maybe. I never noticed much because I never really put in long sessions except Nintendogs which can be completely stylus controlled. But now my hands are feeling it. Anyone else out there feeling this?

Ive only had the issue where, it seemed I was losing the ability to push on the touchscreen hard enough to use items in I and II slots, that I had to rearrange stuff and the circle pad started to feel uncomfortable. I think 5 hours continuous is my limit.

Scum

I visited Lon Lon Ranch at night in the hopes of catching an Alien invasion on the farm. Completely forgot that only happens in Majora's Mask! :lol
Majora's Mask 3D! Make it so, Nintendo!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Caved in and picked it up.

I don't entirely know why, but I'm actually less comfortable with the 3D here than in the other titles I have. Without addressing the gyro-aiming, which is a complete cluster-fuck of feature incompatibility with 3D on. I for the first time got sort of a woozy feeling from my 3DS.

Otherwise I'm too early on in it to really comment. I am kind of surprised how much it's coming back to me, my memory of playing it originally.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Smiles and Cries said:
oh I can get pass the redeads I just wanted to know what opens the wall in the last room
its like a dead end with writings on it... not sure if there is a song or something that breaks it open
I honestly can't remember, but I don't think you open it. You just read it and learn
the Sun's Song

Does this game only have one ending or are there like bad and true endings? In talking to others with the game, seems I missed some sidequests and now Im worried that I wont get the true ending?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
gofreak said:
Caved in and picked it up.

I don't entirely know why, but I'm actually less comfortable with the 3D here than in the other titles I have. Without addressing the gyro-aiming, which is a complete cluster-fuck of feature incompatibility with 3D on. I for the first time got sort of a woozy feeling from my 3DS.

Otherwise I'm too early on in it to really comment. I am kind of surprised how much it's coming back to me, my memory of playing it originally.
I usually keep the 3D slider at maximum, but with OoT I have to lower it to about halfway. Almost zero issues with gyro aiming even with 3D on, though I do see some ghosting once in a while.

SmithnCo

Dedication Through Light said:
Does this game only have one ending or are there like bad and true endings? In talking to others with the game, seems I missed some sidequests and now Im worried that I wont get the true ending?

Just one ending.

Also I'm pretty sure you can't miss sidequests.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
You can't miss anything (maybe except one glitch, though I admit I'm not sure). About good and bad endings:
no, it's just one.

I hope this sells well enough for a remake of Majora's Mask (never played it - when it came out it was a bad time in my life so I never got it)

Zelda's always have one ending side quest never seem to impact much. Fans just love to have everything 100%

What the hell is wrong with everyone that they can't move the 3DS and maintain 3D visibility? It's incredibly easy. Like, this is something you should've been able to do before you started grade school. I do it all the time, works fine.

Jocchan said:
You can't miss anything (maybe except one glitch, though I admit I'm not sure).
The glitch was fixed, I went back to the Forest Stage and got the upgrades myself.

Doomboy

Neo Member
UncleSporky said:
What the hell is wrong with everyone that they can't move the 3DS and maintain 3D visibility? It's incredibly easy. Like, this is something you should've been able to do before you started grade school. I do it all the time, works fine.

The thing is though - it's pretty uncomfortable.

I also find it's pretty annoying that you have to hold the 3DS as certain distance away from your eyes, as well as straight in front, to avoid ghosting, which I haven't really encountered in other games. I find that I have to strain to get myself into a certain position to get myself comfortable AND avoid any ghosting
Does anyone else get this?

hank_tree

I was sure my copy would turn up in the post today but it hasn't. It better be here before the weekend. I'm really looking forward to playing this again.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Naked Snake said:
I find it puzzling how people have polar opposite opinions of the 3D. I'm in the "3D looks brighter, more vibrant and better in every way" camp.
Zelda has the best 3D I have seen on 3DS. It usually makes graphics more atmospheric, with more depth and a larger field of vision. But it's in the Forest Temple, with the camera closer to Link, that its visual appeal striked me the most. Simply beautiful.

snap0212

UncleSporky said:
Try it lying down. ;)

artwalknoon said:
Uh-oh, I'm developing one issue that's threatening to limit the amount of time I can spend with this game in a single session. My hands are starting to cramp up. The 3ds is just a bit too small for me maybe. I never noticed much because I never really put in long sessions except Nintendogs which can be completely stylus controlled. But now my hands are feeling it. Anyone else out there feeling this?
Happens to me all the time, always my left hand though, not right, it's annoying but oh well I just obey navi and stop playing :p

Reknoc

Got my preorder bonus in the post today. The case is cool, though there's a massive sticker on it which I'm none too pleased about. The reverse of the cover has rupees on it that show up in the holes on the inside which I thought was pretty cool.

Poster is folded to fuck.

rhino4evr

Played for like 4 hours yesterday..updated impressions..

The 3D does add to the overall atmosphere and is disorienting at first, but after a while I forgot it was even on, it works very well. Seeing Death Mountain in 3D is pretty rad..it actually looks larger. The only time I have trouble with the 3D is when I'm trying to use the motion aiming..since that I've just started using the stick again. Or a mix of both.
I'm playing with 3D full blast..something I haven't been able to do on other 3Ds games.

The size of the 3DS does effect overall comfort while playing a long time. My hands were getting a little cramped.

The graphics have definitly improved but since the character designs are still almost the same, you don't really notice it as much.

The lack of quick save really hurts the portability of this title. Unless you just constantly use "sleep" mode...but then you will need a charger with you at all times.

The game itself is still a classic and extremely hard to put down. There are so many secrets and side quests it's crazy. I've only finished two dungeons so far..but I feel like I've accomplished a lot..

TheExodu5

Banned
I thought the part where you're supposed to sneak passed the 3 guards (right after the gate house) was kind of silly. The low resolution makes it hard to see the guard on the left, and it's not very obvious that hey, you can actually walk within 10 feet of the guards faces without them noticing you. The sneaking in the castle after that was better designed and more fun.

The 3DS is now a powerhouse system for me now. We joke about the "re-launch" tag line sometimes, but this may actually be an apt time to use such a phrase. It went from only being used occasionally, to me taking it everywhere and trying to find time to play Ocarina of Time 3D and Link's Awakening. Seriously amazing experiences.

Ocarina of Time 3D is incredible even only 2 hours in. The 3D effect makes the game world feel so alive. As gamers we've always kind of hoped for stuff like this - where there's a window into a big world to explore. This game and system sort of fulfills that wish in a way.

rhino4evr

TheExodu5 said:
I thought the part where you're supposed to sneak passed the 3 guards (right after the gate house) was kind of silly. The low resolution makes it hard to see the guard on the left, and it's not very obvious that hey, you can actually walk within 10 feet of the guards faces without them noticing you. The sneaking in the castle after that was better designed and more fun.
Yeah I had forgotten that part and was stuck
For a few minutes. Those guards are blind!

Nicktendo86

rhino4evr said:
The graphics have definitly improved but since the character designs are still almost the same, you don't really notice it as much.

Really? I thought the new character designs are a massive improvement. If you go back and look at Link from the original to the new version is seriously night and day. Also did his hat move in the original? Can't quite remember if it moved when he runs like it does now...

rhino4evr

Nicktendo86 said:
Really? I thought the new character designs are a massive improvement. If you go back and look at Link from the original to the new version is seriously night and day. Also did his hat move in the original? Can't quite remember if it moved when he runs like it does now...
Yeah the characters now have more details..are more rounded. But there expressions and look are really similar. That's not a bad thing as they keep the game feeling nostalgic..but they still look kind of blocky and cartoony. Which is probably the intent.

Effect

rhino4evr said:
Yeah I had forgotten that part and was stuck
For a few minutes. Those guards are blind!

Glad I'm no the only one. I was wondering how I was suppose to get past that part when I got to it. I remembered the part once you are in the castle but had forgotten about the outside part. Got through it but it took longer for me to get pass that part then I would have liked.

Nicktendo86

I agree, they have tried to be nostalgic whilst also sprucing it up. I like the end product, some of the new animations are very good as well. Mido's stroppy stamping off when Link goes to meet the Duku Tree was particularly good I thought and actually made me laugh. The biggest improvement for me though is the complete replacement of the pre-rendered shop and house interiors, look so much better.

So I beat
King Dodongo
last night. Man this game is really something special, I can't believe this is the first time I'm running through it.

Also, how far am I from
becoming an adult?

rhino4evr

So far my biggest annoyance with the update is that they kept all the stupid questions you have to answer yes to.

Example...Will you help me?
Of Course!
No

What's the point of this? If you don't say yes you just have to go through the conversation again until you say yes.

The other Questions are the "Did you understand all that?" as if we are retarded. Maybe this is for young kids that have problems reading, but it just annoys me that I can't just scroll through all this stuff.

Anilusion

FuttBuck said:
So I beat
King Dodongo
last night. Man this game is really something special, I can't believe this is the first time I'm running through it.

Also, how far am I from
becoming an adult?

One more dungeon.

Top Bottom