• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
TheCongressman1 said:
I've only seen about 3 since they came out. Yeah, this might be a bit rare then.
It won't be.

Also... Metroid Prime Trilogy (which I outlined in a post above is a far different situation) languished on store shelves for months and months.

Basically it became "rare" when they made the un-Nintendo move to not reprint.

Laughing Banana said:
To those who have purchased it can I get confirmation whether this game is a single or dual-layer disc? :)

The size of the game on the disc is just 3.9gb or something like that, so definitely single-layer.

Anth0ny said:
Only an ignorant fool would ignore a game just because it's non HD.

That being said, I think we all would rather play it on Dolphin if possible :lol
I would prefer to play it on my big TV in my living room, honestly.

Yes, a PC gamer is making the comfy couch argument.

BocoDragon said:
I'd sooner compare this to the Wii Play Motion and Flingsmash controller bundles :p

Metroid Prime Trilogy was a NoA/NoE pet project, not the usual massive print run Nintendo title.

And like Mario All Stars 25th Anniversary, even if it sells out, they'll reprint.
Well, they said that only the first print run will get the Zelda Symphonic CD, so it will have a unique 1st edition status.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Starting January 1st 2012, there won't be any Gold Wiimote Bundle or Symphony CD. I'm pretty sure the game will also get a another not-Gold boxart. (the Japanese one.)

BocoDragon said:
It won't be.

Also... Metroid Prime Trilogy (which I outlined in a post above is a far different situation) languished on store shelves for months and months.

Basically it became "rare" when they made the un-Nintendo move to not reprint.

Even Super Mario All-Stars Wii was reprinted and that isn't exactly easy to come by. Certainly not in brand-new condition, at least.

(OT: What baffles me is that they haven't printed SM All-Stars without the Limited Edition trappings. The case inside had its own UPC, after all. But then, I guess they did the same thing with the original Wii Fit disc.)

Lingitiz

I'm really contemplating on getting that wiimote bundle. Even though I already have the motion+, the wiimote feels weird with that dongle on it. Plus, the gold one just looks awesome.

Thoraxes

So I was listening to the OST and I came across
Zelda's Lullaby with that oh so sweet clarinet playing the melody in the clarino register.
I almost cried because it was so pretty. I feel slightly spoiled though I should've expected it, but man, it left me breathless.

AniHawk

Regulus Tera said:
Nintendo is only gonna release the OST as a Club Nintendo thing, aren't they? :mad:

that doesn't sound like something they'd do. however, we might get a shirt with the picture of the ost on it.

Lingitiz said:
I'm really contemplating on getting that wiimote bundle. Even though I already have the motion+, the wiimote feels weird with that dongle on it. Plus, the gold one just looks awesome.
Doooo ittttt. If you don't have a Wiimote with a built in Wii Motion Plus you should definitely bite. It's so much more practical and ergonomic than having the separate attachment. Plus it's shiny gold Zelda merch. And if that isn't enough it's cheap. Win/win/win imo.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Doooo ittttt. If you don't have a Wiimote with a built in Wii Motion Plus you should definitely bite. It's so much more practical and ergonomic than having the separate attachment. Plus it's shiny gold Zelda merch. And if that isn't enough it's cheap. Win/win/win imo.
lol yeah. btw, did anyone picture themselves using the wiimote+ with Wii U?and playing SS on it... or am I just crazy.
Too bad wiiU will not improve graphics.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Yeah this is my reasoning as well. I got two m+ attatchments already (for multiplayer purposes for resport when it came out). But having m+ in a gold zelda wiimote is too cool to pass up on.

I also see the Metroid Prime Trilogy all over the shelves(still) here in Denmark, perhaps I ought to buy it sooner or later before it's gone for good.

TSA said:
See, I disagree with you. I think aside from the opening of Twilight Princess, the pacing of the game is much better. I don't think I could ask for better controls than the GCN version of Twilight Princess (okay, inverted aiming is annoying, but everything else is great). I also think Twilight Princess has some of the best dungeons in the series - Snowpeak Ruins is one of the best dungeons in the entire franchise, and City in the Sky and Arbiters Grounds were pretty awesome. We already established Twilight Princess doesn't have that many side quests, but it certainly has a lot more minigames as far as I can tell. The collectibles/upgrades in Skyward Sword are better, and the NPC stuff is better in the sense of the quests you do. However, there are some great moments with NPCs in Twilight Princess that Skyward Sword can't touch. The whole arc with Rutela and her son was more touching than anything I saw in Skyward Sword. I think Midna is light years better than Fi as a sidekick, and as a character, she's much more compelling than Ghirahim or anyone else, though Groose is a pretty damn good character.

This man recognizes TP's greatness. Sometimes I feel like I played a different game to all the weirdos that hate it.

Salih

just a couple more days!

i actually managed to avoid all new trailers, tv commercials, short video snippets, quicklooks and music tracks. Therefore i have to thank you, Skyrim!

Nicktendo86

Just got back from holiday in Egypt to find an email from Game to say my pre-order for the bundle edition was cancelled!!! Hurriedly re-ordered and I've had an email this morning to say it has been despatched! Should be mine in 2 days!!!!

BocoDragon said:
I'd sooner compare this to the Wii Play Motion and Flingsmash controller bundles :p

Metroid Prime Trilogy was a NoA/NoE pet project, not the usual massive print run Nintendo title.

And like Mario All Stars 25th Anniversary, even if it sells out, they'll reprint.
Yes, but would they reprint the game by itself or the whole LE package with gold wiimote and CD soundtrack?

Red UFO

The worst part is that I have a pretty important exam on Thursday, so I can't exactly spend the week playing video games to make it go faster. Ugh.

Koodo

Banned
Red UFO said:
The worst part is that I have a pretty important exam on Thursday, so I can't exactly spend the week playing video games to make it go faster. Ugh.
um

You can spend the week studying lul.

/currentlypullingallnighter

$200

Banned
Sinthetic said:
Don't get too excited, my copy of AC: Revelations was sent from TheHut 4 days ago and it's not here (on RELEASE day).
It usually takes a little over 2 weeks for the orders to arrive (to Australia). But I wasn't expect them to dispatch early.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Know what sucks? The site I ordered from allows you to order without registering your email..so I won't know when it ships :(. But usually stuff here arrives on release day if you pre-order, so hopefully..friday!
Just in time for GAF downtime

bubnbob

Banned
Yes guys, drum up manufactured rarity... it will make my vacuum sealed copy all the more sweeter. Supply, demand, supply, demand!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
My local store just got the fucking game!! I'll be playing this in about 2 hours!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Important message to lucky french members: the game is available at LA FNAC des Halles (check other FNAC outlets as well).

Mario Land is available too :)

Yessssss!

Majukun

here in italy some private shops are already selling it..if this keep going on,tomorrow the game will be out in every store.

gdt

I work sunday 7-3pm, have the next day off then tuesday I only work a 4hour shift.

Hell. Yes.

Gonna run after work to pick up my collector's edition preorder and GS.

Alrus

marc^o^ said:
Important message to lucky french members: the game is available at LA FNAC des Halles (check other FNAC outlets as well).

Mario Land is available too :)

Yessssss!

I wish belgian Fnac broke street date too, that would be the only reason I would shop there (they overprice everything >.>)

NTom64

Fantastic OP, really looking forward to playing this.

What's the estimated length of the game? Any chance of some decent side-quests and a little bit of exploring? I'm not expecting anything on the level of Majora's Mask, but some freedom would be nice. Anything would do, especially after Spirit Tracks lol.

I actually love Spirit Tracks. But I'll never tell!

tsab

NTom64 said:
Fantastic OP, really looking forward to playing this.

What's the estimated length of the game? Any chance of some decent side-quests and a little bit of exploring? I'm not expecting anything on the level of Majora's Mask, but some freedom would be nice. Anything would do, especially after Spirit Tracks lol.

I actually love Spirit Tracks. But I'll never tell!

I just finished the third dungeon and I am at
16-17
hours. I am probably at
45-55%
of the game. And I haven't done any sidequests.

As for freedom,
only the sky where you fly can be counted as freedom, although it feels kinda Skies of Arcadia for some reason (probably the emptiness)

edit:
Oh you meant freedom as in exploring. hmm I would say
is a little bit linear. But again I haven't done the backtracking

Top Bottom