• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Do me a favor and spoiler tag that shit the next time. I don't wanna hear how many fucking dungeons are in this game. Now when i've finished the
6th
dungeon i already know it will end soon.

I DON'T WANNA HEAR THAT!

What the fuck is wrong with you? too stupid to use a freakin spoiler tag or just lazy or trying to be an asshole?

Randy

True, on the Wii it looks superb. Especially the special painted blur in the distance is really well done. The human NPC's remind me quite a lot of One Piece-characters. I just find the goblins a bit too "cute", although that's not really the word I'm looking for. "Threatening" maybe? It's a bit of a contrast between them and the villain.

EDIT: Damnit, Sn4ke_911... Didn't read the spoiler on the previous page, but now you're just repeating it for the new one?!

Peterthumpa

Crunched said:
I'm using the same config except with 8xAA, and though I only have the demo to try, there hasn't been any issue with DoF breaking.
Try to bring up the Dolphin window and change the AA settings while running the game in real time and I'll see that usually it gets even more "blurrier" in the background than the default settings.

ASIS

18 hours in... Yeah, this has a chance at being the best Zelda IMO. It might just be my favorite game ever if it keeps getting better (i'm at
the first "trial" in faron woods
)

Sn4ke_911

Randy said:
True, on the Wii it looks superb. Especially the special painted blur in the distance is really well done. The human NPC's remind me quite a lot of One Piece-characters. I just find the goblins a bit too "cute", although that's not really the word I'm looking for. "Threatening" maybe? It's a bit of a contrast between them and the villain.

EDIT: Damnit, Sn4ke_911... Didn't read the spoiler on the previous page, but now you're just repeating it for the new one?!

I GOT SPOILED NOW YOU SHOULD SUFFER TOO!

Mistle

Yes exactly. That sticker/out of place look is caused by Dolphin. It's not a glitch or anything, but its just the game wasn't intended to be viewed so clearly lol. Be it good or bad, but the Wii's lower resolution fixes that problem. Of course Dolphin makes the game look incredible in some regards, but I'm definitely just going to play it on Wii (for my first run through at least) for the proper experience.

Red

How many times do you guys need to be told to just put Big One on ignore? He's either a troll or a moron, either way you don't lose anything by not being able to see what he has to say.

felipepl said:
Try to bring up the Dolphin window and change the AA settings while running the game in real time and I'll see that usually it gets even more "blurrier" in the background than the default settings.
I notice a very slight difference in far off objects, and it's subtle enough that I prefer a completely jaggy-free picture. Perhaps our preferences differ though.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Crunched said:
How many times do you guys need to be told to just put Big One on ignore? He's either a troll or a moron, either way you don't lose anything by not being able to see what he has to say.
He's the only person I have on ignore. I put him there after I nearly got spoiled in the other thread (and thankfully I read all the angry comments before scrolling up to his post).

BY2K

Membero Americo
Crunched said:

We're in the OT, you don't freaking spoil in the OT.

Big One said:
There's seven

Oh, alright, more than halfway through then.

Fuck, sorry guys for asking :(

jarosh said:
you haven't? plenty of textures are not in the same painterly impressionistic style of the rest of the game but instead have a more generic cartoony style. and the painterly shader they use on some of the floors and walls (this is seperate from the textures AND the dof effect) is also not consistently applied to every surface. it seems somewhat arbitrary. then there's of course the characters, which (understandably) have their textures drawn with sharper lines and once again have the more generic cartoon look, completely forgoing the impressionistic style. i wish they could have found a better compromise there, but that was probably difficult without sacrificing detail, so i can understand that design decision.

I have seen the stuff you describe but I never thought to myself "wow this looks so out of place". I had a hard time getting accustomed to the jaggies at first but other than that it's a beautiful game. I honestly don't know, it just doesn't seem that bad to me.

RPGCrazied

Thank goodness I already knew that spoiler. I thought it was about the story, still though, not cool for the people that didn't want to know.

Kard8p3

BY2K said:
We're in the OT, you don't freaking spoil in the OT.

Yesterday both him and TSA were having a huge debate about the game and nothing got spoiler tagged. It wasn't too spoilerific but dungeons names and a few other things were mentioned. Someone should definitely make a spoiler topic for people to discuss it.

Peterthumpa

Crunched said:

I notice a very slight difference in far off objects, and it's subtle enough that I prefer a completely jaggy-free picture. Perhaps our preferences differ though.
Well, I'll try it again tonight. I'm playing in comfy couch mode so that's why I can't see jaggies at 1080p and 4x internal res, but I'll try it anyway.

Sn4ke_911

Red

felipepl said:
Well, I'll try it again tonight. I'm playing in comfy couch mode so that's why I can't see jaggies at 1080p and 4x internal res, but I'll try it anyway.
Ah -- if you're playing on your TV it might as well be perfect for you. I'm on a monitor so the details stick out more.

Anyway, I was just hoping to see some shots with perfect IQ. Yours are definitely close.

Enjoy the game! That's the main thing.

Big One

Banned
Yeah...no sorry guys that isn't a spoiler, has nothing to do with anything other than gameplay value and design.

It's funny when someone like TSA spoils the entire gameplay, even the dungeon count, in his impressions without spoiler tags yet when I do it somehow or another people freak out.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Big One said:
Yeah...no sorry guys that isn't a spoiler, has nothing to do with anything other than gameplay value and design.

Yes it freaking is.

You don't know what happens after this or that dungeon. You can be in a dungeon, which is the last in your latest McGuffin quest, so you think the game is almost over. But no, plot twist, another quest, more dungeons. Now that you spoil it, I know exactly where I am in the game when I reach this or that dungeon.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Caelus

Big One said:
It's funny when someone like TSA spoils the entire gameplay, even the dungeon count, in his impressions without spoiler tags yet when I do it somehow or another people freak out.

This is true, everyone should spoiler tag everything.

Big One

Banned
BY2K said:
Yes it freaking is.

You don't know what happens after this or that dungeon. You can be in a dungeon, which is the last in your latest McGuffin quest, so you think the game is almost over. But no, plot twist, another quest, more dungeons. Now that you spoil it, I know exactly where I am in the game when I reach this or that dungeon.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
No the dungeon count doesn't define when the game is over or not, that I'll say much. The time it takes to get to each dungeon is considerably different with different challenges in between

Seriously guys TSA posted a HUGE list of impressions that spoil the ENTIRE GAME. All of his deconstructions was Skyward Sword. There's nothing else.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Caelus said:
This is true, everyone should spoiler tag everything.
Replying to you since I can't see his post. Two wrongs don't make a right, another user not using spoiler tags doesn't authorize me to not use them as well. There are specific rules for spoilers on this forum, but, even if there weren't any, some common sense should be the bare minimum ffs.

Big One

Banned
Jocchan said:
Replying to you since I can't see his post. Two wrongs don't make a right, another user not using spoiler tags doesn't authorize me to not use them as well. There are specific rules for spoilers on this forum, but, even if there weren't any, some common sense should be the bare minimum ffs.
Yes it does, I'm pretty positive spoilers don't usually refer to gameplay elements.

Everyone who's been following TSA's posts have been spoiled the entire game design (but not story spoiler). He's mentioned every aspect of the game, even the name of the last dungeon many times.

I figured since people already have read TSA's impressions I figured they already knew.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Jocchan said:

He says dungeon count isn't a spoiler and that TSA isn't being persecuted for his review because he spoils stuff too that isn't in spoiler tags but he (Big One) is.

Big One said:
He's mentioned every aspect of the game, even the name of the last dungeon many times.

I do not know the name of the last dungeon, and don't you fucking dare say it.

Kard8p3

Big One said:

It's a gameplay spoiler so yes it needs to be spoiler tagged. The way you're talking it's as if games like Mario Galaxy 2 which are purely gameplay experiences shouldn't even need spoiler tags because gameplay doesn't count as a spoiler. Well news flash it does count so spoiler tag that stuff next time.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
BY2K said:
He says dungeon count isn't a spoiler and that TSA isn't being persecuted for his review because he spoils stuff too that isn't in spoiler tags but he (Big One) is.

Yeah, TSA spoiler tagged everything. If you know about the stuff he talked about that's because it's you highlighted it. In all honesty, BY2K and everyone else has every right to be angry.

ignored.png

First time ignoring a user here at Gaf. Nothing personal I just don't want to risk it(yeah I know, why be at gaf, hurr durr).

Big One

Banned
BY2K said:
You already know if you've read TSA's post. Not knocking this against TSA btw, but many people read his posts and have been spoiled the entire game and gameplay design. Say all you want, but what I said isn't a spoiler. The game never gets close to finishing relative to the amount of dungeons. Is that a spoiler too? No, it's not. A spoiler is talking about a big event that happens in the story or a specific gameplay element that is meant to be discovered. The dungeon count isn't one of those things.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Big One said:
Yes it does, I'm pretty positive spoilers don't usually refer to gameplay elements.

Everyone who's been following TSA's posts have been spoiled the entire game design (but not story spoiler). He's mentioned every aspect of the game, even the name of the last dungeon many times.

I figured since people already have read TSA's impressions I figured they already knew.

Not everybody has read them.

Mistle

I read TSA's impressions without highlighting the tags and I wasn't spoiled at all. Not sure how he "spoiled the entire game". Unless he has since posted more- I read the original ones he gave. Thankfully though, I don't really include dungeon count as a spoiler. If I were Big One, yes, I would have spoiler tagged it, but for those getting upset... is it really that much of a spoiler? I've been on a blackout since the Miyamoto pre-TGS thing yet knowing the dungeon count doesn't bother me.
I think the biggest offender here is when Big One and TSA were having a debate and were throwing around dungeon names and gameplay aspects like it was nobody's business. Thankfully I didn't read it all, but at a glance I already knew to stay back. That was being inconsiderate to those actually waiting to purchase the game (not TSA, as he has proof) and don't want to know such things prior.

And there are so many people playing this game now without posting proof, Big One included. I don't think the mods ever really cracked down, sadly.

kayos90

Big One said:
You already know if you've read TSA's post. Not knocking this against TSA btw, but many people read his posts and have been spoiled the entire game and gameplay design. Say all you want, but what I said isn't a spoiler. The game never gets close to finishing relative to the amount of dungeons. Is that a spoiler too? No, it's not. A spoiler is talking about a big event that happens in the story or a specific gameplay element that is meant to be discovered. The dungeon count isn't one of those things.
And he's implicitly saying that he hasn't read the entirety of his post! Seriously. Stop trying to argue this crap.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
BY2K said:
Thanks. If TSA posted unmarked spoilers without warning as well, then people would have the sacred right to be pissed at him too.

Gregorn

My copy is in stock and currently being processed. Only one little trip in the post and I'll have another console Zelda game.

Big One said:
You already know if you've read TSA's post.
Just out of curiosity, have you made room for the idea that some people didn't because he specifically warned of spoilers, Feep said "TSA put a bunch of spoilers up there," and he went back and spoiler tagged a lot of it?

Like, had that thought gone through your head at all? Or was it just "I HATE TSA SO MUCH THAT I BET EVERY LIVING PERSON HAS READ HIS POST THAT STUPID JERK"?

Kard8p3

Big One said:

Dude you don't get to choose what is or isn't a spoiler. The dungeon count is a spoiler so spoiler tag when talking about it from now on.

kayos90

ShockingAlberto said:
Just out of curiosity, have you made room for the idea that some people didn't because he specifically warned of spoilers, Feep said "TSA put a bunch of spoilers up there," and he went back and spoiler tagged a lot of it?

Like, had that thought gone through your head at all? Or was it just "I HATE TSA SO MUCH THAT I BET EVERY LIVING PERSON HAS READ HIS POST THAT STUPID JERK"?
A mod seriously needs to temp ban him, or heaven forbid permaban him. This argument is going nowhere and is completely mediocre.

Top Bottom