• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

Scum

I'm down to 5 Rupees! I can't afford anything! D:

onoz

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I also like how Nintendo injected its own Gamefaqs system into this game. Stuck on a puzzle? Just whiz yourself back to the Sheikah stone in Skyloft and see for yourself how the puzzle can be solved! Hell it even features solutions to sidequests!

I am ashamed to say I used it.... just on two occasions though :____:

damn, already broke my shield fighting the first 2 deku dudes you encounter lol maybe i should have spent some time doing the shield tutorial haha

love this game already. im gonna take my sweet ass time with this

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Remind me why I had to defeat the exact same boring "boss" twice...

fernoca

Well, unlike many..I love Fi. Love her semi-auto-tuned voice and I spam the heck out to listen her gibberish and read her descriptions of the world and other characters. :)

The game's quite excellent in every aspect, granted there are little things I'm not a big fan of, mostly the added motions/motion plus aspect while is really cool; in some cases it makes otherwise easier stuff..just more difficult since you have to take direction into consideration. But I also like that; so..no biggie.

Moar Fi!! Can't wait to see what's in store fore her in the game. Many don't like her because of her (lack of) personality, but..well, that's the whole point; which is why I really like her. Moar!!!! :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, unlike many..I love Fi. Love her semi-auto-tuned voice and I spam the heck out to listen her gibberish and read her descriptions of the world and other characters. :)

The game's quite excellent in every aspect, granted there are little things I'm not a big fan of, mostly the added motions/motion plus aspect while is really cool; in some cases it makes otherwise easier stuff..just more difficult since you have to take direction into consideration. But I also like that; so..no biggie.

Moar Fi!! Can't wait to see what's in store fore her in the game. Many don't like her because of her (lack of) personality, but..well, that's the whole point; which is why I really like her. Moar!!!! :p

I will give Fi credit that she's a tad annoying at times, but nowhere near Navi.

Clott

Only downside to the game is that I need to take a break because my arm is starting to get sore

This!!! I am so glad I am not the only one. How are you people putting up with this? How am I going to make it through 50 hours without getting burned out?

Keep in mind I train 5 times a week as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah, Fi is better than Navi but far from being as amazing as Midna.

edit: bedtime for me... will beat the game tomorrow.

Zekes!

Yo so I beat the first boss and I'm back at Skyloft rollin' wit' Pipit. 3 Things:

1.So far, a lot of the complaints seem to be overblown; I'm not having any control problems, Fi is no where near as annoying as some people made her seem, etc.

2. Did anyone else see the picture of Link on Groose's punching bag? :lol

3. Also Pipit. Dude's my homie. We need to start a Pipit fandom.

Cheska

This!!! I am so glad I am not the only one. How are you people putting up with this? How am I going to make it through 50 hours without getting burned out?

Keep in mind I train 5 times a week as well.

Personally, it's not the fighting thats getting me tired so much as the flying segments lol.

Posted on Facebook about how much I'm enjoying the game. the first comment I get? "get Skyrim, get with the times brah"

I've actually never contemplated suicide before. felt weird.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Posted on Facebook about how much I'm enjoying the game. the first comment I get? "get Skyrim, get with the times brah"

Why contemplate suicide when murder is an available option?

Yoshichan

Happens every day for me, it seems :-(...

Why contemplate suicide when murder is an available option?

That saddest part is that it was from my cousin, who actually introduced me to the original Zelda back in the mid 80's, and him and I played through it, Zelda II, and ALTTP. I used to really associate our friendship with the series, if that makes any sense or despite how lame it sounds. So to hear him say that is pretty tragic to me. Nothing against Skyrim or whatever but... well, he's turned into... *hushed whisper* one of those...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
...Wait, Aonuma was originally questioning the inclusion of Link catches falling Zelda scene on the beginning of the game? While saying hogwash like "Are we really going to take Zelda into that kind of direction?"

...That's it, if I ever have the opportunity to meet him, I'll punch him on the face.

brandonh83 said:
That saddest part is that it was from my cousin, who actually introduced me to the original Zelda back in the mid 80's, and him and I played through it, Zelda II, and ALTTP. I used to really associate our friendship with the series, if that makes any sense or despite how lame it sounds. So to hear him say that is pretty tragic to me. Nothing against Skyrim or whatever but... well, he's turned into... *hushed whisper* one of those...

Go shoot his toilet!

Medalion

Banned
I've played Skyward Sword for about a little over 5 hours apparently and I've only just arrived at the first dungeon entrance... the Forest Temple... and I feel embarressed to say, I have not figured out how to get into the temple yet despite reading the hidden sign with the clue. I really hope I figure it out and and not have to read walkthroughs for help :/

Great game btw, feels like Wind Waker a lot to me

sfried

Woah. First dungeon Boss.
Ghirahim took my sword and punishes me for telegraphing my moves! But I scored so many hits on him.

I've played Skyward Sword for about a little over 5 hours apparently and I've only just arrived at the first dungeon entrance... the Forest Temple... and I feel embarressed to say, I have not figured out how to get into the temple yet despite reading the hidden sign with the clue. I really hope I figure it out and and not have to read walkthroughs for help :/

I didn't even see the sign and found out how to get in by total luck. :lol

I sold my LE unopened bundle for $150 to a buddy.

I'm such a dick. :lol

Just curious, how many times have you guys had to rest the motion plus?
I reset it once...and that's because I was away from the Wii for 20 minutes.

Also, the music is fantastic.

This is a hint but I'm spoiler tagging it, anyway:
Look around. C is useful for more than just dowsing.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

I got "get modern warfare n assassins creed, they look way better".

I also got "Get Battlefield, kirby's for kids" and "sonic sucks, why arnt u playin ur uncharted" when I said I was enjoying Sonic Generations and Kirby too. LOL. Talk about apples and oranges.

ExMachina said:
Pipit is indeed cool. You, me, and Karane can be his first fans. :p
Pipit is fantastic~

snesfreak

Banned
Sounds like my brother.

Ranger X

Did I miss a sensitivity setting somewhere? The cursor on screen is wayyyyyyyyyyyy to slow. I have to make enormous gestures to go reach the side of the screen...

Also, how come I never heard anybody being annoyed by the HORRIBLE greasy depth of field effect in the game? The game better be fucking good because it's actually hurting my eyes. When I play a game I'm not looking at my fucking feet, I look ahead. Pretty far ahead. I need games to follow my natural focus --- wich this game doesn't. It's actually juste as bad (if not more) as Blue Dragon...

Holy shit holy shit holy shit.

(Pre-dungeon 5 stuff)
So I was doing the spirit realm thing, and I only had one tear left. Got a fruit, looked around, saw it on the top of the Laynaryu Mine building thing. So I start to make my way over there when I accidentally run into a ghost. So now I have to run all the way up this building being chased by guardians. I somehow made it to the top and had 4 of them practically on top of me when I managed to get it. I have no idea how I managed that, but it was intense. Seriously, those guardians are fucking terrifying.

Phenomic

Also, how come I never heard anybody being annoyed by the HORRIBLE greasy depth of field effect in the game? The game better be fucking good because it's actually hurting my eyes. When I play a game I'm not looking at my fucking feet, I look ahead. Pretty far ahead. I need games to follow my natural focus --- wich this game doesn't. It's actually juste as bad (if not more) as Blue Dragon...

I have the same problem with the eyes. I dunno why it annoyed me at a first, but once you get out of Skyloft it's less noticeable. Just give it time and it won't bug you soon enough.

hyduK

Banned
Whoever thought they should put tilt controls in this game, any game for that matter, should be shot.

Also, Link has piss poor awareness when deciding to make a move on a girl.

Varna

The intro is pretty damn bad. It just reeks of generic anime tripe. Why can't they just keep it simple? ALttP told you everything you needed to know in a few simple paragraphs and let the atmosphere do the rest.

Aside from that I really like the controls. I instantly feel at home. I said long ago that the way the sword moved really reminded me of Jedi Outcast. It definitely feels similar so I'm not having very many issues adjusting (except for rolling). The bird flying I don't quiet get yet, just need more practice I guess. Same with the landing.

Also, Link has piss poor awareness when deciding to make a move on a girl.

I hate when the story twist your character into something you don't really like. They give you some dialogue choices that seem like they are going to matter but nothing seems to change. Early on you get the chance to tell one of the characters off and I was really hoping Link would just deck him Mass Effect style.

BlueMagic

I truly believe the DOF filter is genius. Looks unbelievable.
Also for the pointer keep in mind that it's the angle of the Wiimote that matters, because of M+. Don't move parallely to the tv.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay, so I'm using component cables for my Wii and during gameplay I can see horizontal lines across the screen, it's very faint, but it's there and it's pissing me off (as if the jaggies weren't bad enough, dear God).

Screen is set to 480p, Widescreen 16:9, no Screen Burn Reduction. What is happening?

Medalion

Banned
Okay, so I'm using component cables for my Wii and during gameplay I can see horizontal lines across the screen, it's very faint, but it's there and it's pissing me off (as if the jaggies weren't bad enough, dear God).

Screen is set to 480p, Widescreen 16:9, no Screen Burn Reduction. What is happening?

Are you sure you're not confusing that with dithering? Cuz I can see a LOT of it being used in this game

Top Bottom