• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
535436.jpg

Btw, world know match fixers (Pakistanis) trial going on ..

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/535349.html

params7

Banned
Holy shit Gayle is a freak. Great innings from both Warner and Gayle there. Two of the best T20 batters today no doubt.

artist

Banned
Holy shiat at the second T20 game, what an amazing comeback from saffers

61 runs required from 30 balls, RRR: 12.20 with 3 tailender wickets in hand and they pull it off!

CRICINFO said:
"It's a little like the 438 game," says Firdose, "crazy scenes here." Not quite sure the chase is quite on a par with that, but locals will certainly enjoy it.

Gotta sting when reminded of that 438 chase.

params7

Banned
irfan said:
Holy shiat at the second T20 game, what an amazing comeback from saffers

61 runs required from 30 balls, RRR: 12.20 with 3 tailender wickets in hand and they pull it off!

Gotta sting when reminded of that 438 chase.

I will never forget that game, I watched it live. I still get shivers when watch replays of it. I became such a fanboy of Gibbs after that match.

beast786 said:
Good start in test match for pakistan. Hopefully we can at least draw a test. I know its an unrealistic expectation.

Yeah kinda' surprised by the results so far (don't be mad because i'm actually glad to see Pak doing well, just SL shouldn't be rolled over like this).

Meadows said:
lolODI

How about you try and win a test series against us and get back to me.

ya they need to play test series. Also both team need to learn how to win over seas. Especially India. Also I believe test is the real rankings. My favorite team is SA anyways :( They are not chokers you bastards

beast786

Congrats to India. 5-0. I am glad they have some pride and took it to them.

It seems they are truly flat wicket world champions.

artist

Banned
Meadows said:
lolODI

How about you try and win a test series against us and get back to me.
Fucking cowards. The way poms lasted against spin, it would have been a one-sided affair.

England are not yet above SA or Aus when it comes to playing spin.

Meadows

Banned
Indian broadcasters are shit, they aren't showing replays of contentious umpiring decisions against England and when they do they're showing it like 5 balls later and zoomed in so you can't see anything, the Sky guys are complaining about it. Fucking ridiculous.

And pipe down Aussie, your lot are shite.

edit:

Also the Indians are appealing against everything for no bloody reason, I bet if you asked them what they were asking for they wouldn't even be able to tell you. Good ball that missed bat/pad/glove by a mile? HOWZAT. Ball went within 3 feet of a pad? HOWZAT.

Meadows said:
Indian broadcasters are shit, they aren't showing replays of contentious umpiring decisions against England and when they do they're showing it like 5 balls later and zoomed in so you can't see anything, the Sky guys are complaining about it. Fucking ridiculous.

edit:

Also the Indians are appealing against everything for no bloody reason, I bet if you asked them what they were asking for they wouldn't even be able to tell you. Good ball that missed bat/pad/glove by a mile? HOWZAT. Ball went within 3 feet of a pad? HOWZAT.

lol I stopped watching cricket because of this shittiness. The only match I actually watch are SA in world cup. I love my team.

artist

Banned
Meadows said:

lol

Indian broadcasters? Confirmed you dont know anything you are talking about ..
Meadows said:
That actually happened with Pakistan, SL, England, SA, Aus and every other team that is on the losing side, its natural.

Meadows

Banned
So apparently the conviction of the three betting-fixers is a plot by the ECB to undermine the sub-continental game.

irfan said:
lol

Indian broadcasters? Confirmed you dont know anything you are talking about.

What? Sky received its feed from an Indian broadcaster. Why do I not know what I'm talking about?

Meadows

Banned
crazy monkey said:
oh come on why would you believe that. That is some top level conspiracy shit. lol. Who cares every one sane knows what happened. There is always people like this who can not accept the reality.

Lol, I know it isn't a conspiracy, I was just highlighting how crazy some people are. Although to be fair, I think this kind of thing could possibly happen with other teams, and maybe even England.

artist

Banned
tri_willy said:
windies with the upperhand against india? could they possibly win?
Only in a perfect world. India come out with a thumping win with two new bowlers and without Harbhajan (thankfully!) ..

Mean while Australia struggling against the proteas .. 172/6 with only whiny puppy putting up a fight.

Oh and those cheating and match fixing PAKISTANI cricketers? JAILED. Good riddance.

tri_willy

holy shit what a turn of events. pup being the surprise packet with his innings, prob best one in a long while... and fucking watson!

This 4th innings is gonna be very good. Would've been sweet if the Aussies got out for below 26 (no offense Aussies, this coming from a bitter Brit).

artist

Banned
HOLEEEEE SHIEEEET!

Any other top 5 test nation that recently got bowled out for less than 50? A.mazing! Rooting for SA (changed from rooting for Aus) now even though the win is unlikely.

artist

Banned
irfan said:
Any other top 5 test nation that recently got bowled out for less than 50?
Found the answer. NO!

The most recent test playing nation (forget top 5) to get bowled out for less than 50 was WI (now ranked no.7) more than 7 years ago ..

artist

Banned
tri_willy said:
fucking aye! saffers surely cant choke from here... funnier things have happened
Choke? I think we'll be in the choke territory when there are less than 75 runs with 7 or 8 wickets in hand, still a long way to go.
CRICINFO said:
16.6 Harris to Amla, no run, a catch has been dropped off the final ball of the day! The ball was short and wide and Amla had a real go at it, wanting to end the day emphatically. He cut it hard but in the air and straight to Hussey. the ball flew to him at stomach height and he dropped it
Thank you Mussey!

Rezbit

Definitely the most embarrassing Australian cricket team of my life time. For every good thing they do they do about 5 more derp things. Just disgraceful batting and the most limp dick 2nd innings bowling. Whose idea was it to start pitching it up and on the pads?

params7

Banned
The day began in the first innings of the Test, and ended in the fourth. 23 wickets have fallen, 12 in the second session. South Africa were dismissed for 96, giving up a lead of 188. And then they came out and razed Australia to 21 for 9 before dismissing them for 47.

WTF am i reading. Brb highlights.

Top Bottom