• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

KkPlI.jpg

Curufinwe

We (NZ) haven't had a solid top order in so long I can't remember. Just add another disgraceful capitulation to a very long list.

DeSo

Banned
Yeah, he's young, he has time on his side. His dismissals are just a little too predictable at this point.

I hope Warner has a good go, despite having a reputation for being just a hitter his technique seems sound. Love for Usman to get a big score too.

Yagharek

Who the hell is Pollard and is he really as big as he looks in that picture!? :eek:

I miss the West Indies not touring Australia for 5 test series. Used to love seeing them play Australia A at Hobart in tour matches. Richie Richardson was a legend.

Also - lol at Bracewell not getting MOTM. This is why viewers shouldnt be allowed to vote for it, as partisanship comes into it.

tri_willy

what irfan meant to say is that he misses the clashes that he used to have with grug, we miss grug too irfan ;p

yea was a great tense battle at the end there with those 2 close calls, as always the middle order is fucking useless.

clarke wont have the balls to drop himself, disa-ponting and mussey.

haddin, hughes to be dropped.

would really like to see dussey get a go even though he's old.

artist

Banned
Did you miss the post above yours?
One GAFFer representing all Aussies? :p

what irfan meant to say is that he misses the clashes that he used to have with grug, we miss grug too irfan ;p
Nah, good riddance.

Irfan not every on is always on GAF or free to come and post right away. Not aussi gaf but very happy for nz. With vittori was also in the team to enjoy. I need SA in aus matches now.
Check this thread after a win by the Australians ;) especially against rivals like England, India etc.

beast786

That was a great game Aussie/NZ. Then again the Aussie have ruled for long enough that this might just be a tiny scratch.

Congrats to black caps.

AAK

yea was a great tense battle at the end there with those 2 close calls, as always the middle order is fucking useless.

clarke wont have the balls to drop himself, disa-ponting and mussey.

haddin, hughes to be dropped.

would really like to see dussey get a go even though he's old.

I never understood this mentality of dropping players like this, those players have proven themselves time and time again. I really don't think it's fair to just drop a player from the team directly after one bad performance. That's the problem I see with Pakistan selectors and why they have never prospered like they did in the 90's.

I never understood this mentality of dropping players like this, those players have proven themselves time and time again. I really don't think it's fair to just drop a player from the team directly after one bad performance. That's the problem I see with Pakistan selectors and why they have never prospered like they did in the 90's.

One bad performance? I'm not sure exactly which players you're talking about but i think a few of the players mentioned have had quite a few more than one bad performance.

Dead Man

Just wanna say kalis is my favorite player of all time. Done. Decided.

Favourite players. Good question. For obvious reasons, Steve Waugh is my easy choice, but I always have a soft spot for Viv Richards. He was destroying Australia when I first started watching cricket, and watching him play was something to see.

tri_willy

unfortunately we have too many dumb people running the country, so much for the cries of wanting our sports to expand as only a fixed small % of the population watch it, not to mention the revenue it would bring if it was shown free to air

Top Bottom