• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Tonche

India will loose the test and the series they do not have batting and bowling. Everyone is tired. Both team suck this time.

You're kidding right?

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Kohli
Dhoni

No batting, huh?

Both bowling attacks are average but the above lineup makes me think India will beat us.

artist

Banned
You're kidding right?

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Kohli
Dhoni

No batting, huh?

Both bowling attacks are average but the above lineup makes me think India will beat us.
Setting up so that even a draw is equal to win, eh mate?

Same lineup resulted in 0-5 against England recently. If Australia doesnt win then they dont even deserve the 4th place. :p

You're kidding right?

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Kohli
Dhoni

No batting, huh?

It does not matter who they are they are all not in form. Dravid and laxman are the only one I can count on. They are tiger in their own land otherwise pussy mostly. They are all very tired atleast that is what i think. Australian bowlers can rip them apart.

Tonche

Setting up so that even a draw is equal to win, eh mate?

Same lineup resulted in 0-5 against England recently. If Australia doesnt win then they dont even deserve the 4th place. :p

Haha, we just lost to New Zealand, we don't deserve 4th place as it is.

We'll see, I'm not confident our bowlers can stand up. Siddle is pretty decent, Pattinson has been promising but Hilfenhaus is average and I don't think Lyon will trouble the Indian lineup too much.

Window

It does not matter who they are they are all not in form. Dravid and laxman are the only one I can count on. They are tiger in their own land otherwise pussy mostly. They are all very tired atleast that is what i think. Australian bowlers can rip them apart.

What?

Home Away In Australia
Tendulkar 56 56 59
Dravid 51 55 49
VVS 52 44 54
Sehwag 58 47 60

Those are their averages. As for form, Dravid has been averaging 60 this year and has made 5 hundreds. Tendulkar, VVS and Sehwag are averaging 47, 45 and 28 respectively. Only Sehwag is a worry on the batting front from these four (the others in the batting order are unproven and have never played in Aus before I think) but given his previous record in Aus, I don't think its too much to worry about. Bowling though is a definite problem.

Edit: Crap the "table" doesn't display properly, anyone know a fix?

only way they can win is 500+ score aus removed in less than 300 which is sooo unlikely. Indian bowling has always been shiter though. Pak bowling and indian batting will be sooooooooooooo crazy.

Yagharek

Pretty much. As Ive said elsewhere, I think the UDRS should kept for OD!/T20 only and Tests should be tech free.

But the thing that irritates me is the hypocrisy from India. Crying foul over the "infamous" Sydney test from years ago over contentious decisions that were in fact correct. So they have a blanket 'no' on UDRS in Indian test series. But of course when contentious decisions go their way, you don't see any backlash.

legend166

I'm picturing the BCCI board members sitting around a table laughing manically.

Two incorrect decisions that have completely changed the course of this Test match, and both could have been avoided. That's why the DRS is there in the first place.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
There will no doubt be a few "bad decisions" when Australia bowl. Not in favour though.

Still lol'n at how they keep talking up the bowling attack when they know the last 2 wickets are bullshit.

I'm picturing the BCCI board members sitting around a table laughing manically.

Two incorrect decisions that have completely changed the course of this Test match, and both could have been avoided. That's why the DRS is there in the first place.

Nope. Gotta maintain the sanctity of the sport as partaken by our ancestors, they didn't get to complain about fake wickets so neither should we! Better throw out all those erasers too.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Would rather have kept Cowan though, he was looking promising. Haddin needs to go 50 at least.

Does cricket thread want Arkham City PC for $20? In about 8 hours there should be a sale on.

Yagharek

Ooooh.

Ironic now that ch9 have admitted that hawkeye/UDRS would have been unable to be used in the lbw decision since the light is bad.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Damn solar eclipse out there. Would have been interesting though, no doubt it would have just gone back to original umpire decision. Hot spot, snicko still would have worked though.

artist

Banned
Haha, bunch of whining Aussies in here. Two wrong decisions in India's favor and one wrong decision in Australia's favor is suddenly equal to the Sydney Shame?

Hyperbole, only on GAF.

Would have preferred to see Punter get a hundred within the same score, he looks like he needs a biscuit.

Dead Man

Haha, bunch of whining Aussies in here. Two wrong decisions in India's favor and one wrong decision in Australia's favor is suddenly equal to the Sydney Shame?

Hyperbole, only on GAF.

Would have preferred to see Punter get a hundred within the same score, he looks like he needs a biscuit.

Not enough aussies, too many aussies, make up your mind.

artist

Banned
Not enough aussies, too many aussies, make up your mind.
Not enough Aussies (only 1? lmao) when Australia loses. Too many aussies whining about umpiring decisions exaggerating it to the most poorly umpired test.

I'd like to see it the other way around, if its possible, which I highly doubt.

Yagharek

Sydney Shame? Was that when India stalled with two left gloves and threatened to quit the tour unless they got to choose the umpires for the rest of the series?

artist

Banned
Sydney Shame? Was that when India stalled with two left gloves and threatened to quit the tour unless they got to choose the umpires for the rest of the series?
No its the test where blatant Symo, Punter caught behinds werent given, clear-cut stumping chances were not given out when they were and did not even refer to the 3rd umpire, who by the way when referred to, also gave a retarded decision. Besides, it also includes a ball passing miles away from Dravid's bat and the holier than thou Gilchrist and co went up (and Aussies are throwing baseless appealing accusations on this page, lol) leading to an even more ridiculous decision. Thank god, it didnt include the traditional Aussie bump catches, on wait, it had those too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92zqspN3W2c

Sydney Shame isnt going anywhere folks, despite numerous attempts to sweep it under the carpet.

Yagharek

You must have been watching a different game to the real one.

No its the test where blatant Symo, Punter caught behinds werent given, clear-cut stumping chances were not given out when they were and did not even refer to the 3rd umpire, who by the way when referred to, also gave a retarded decision.

A DRS would have settled the matter.

Yagharek

An example of hypocrisy:

Woulda, coulda, shoulda ..

What happens when decisions go against Australia:

Haha, bunch of whining Aussies in here. Two wrong decisions in India's favor and one wrong decision in Australia's favor

What happens when decisions go against India:

No its the test where blatant Symo, Punter caught behinds werent given, clear-cut stumping chances were not given out when they were and did not even refer to the 3rd umpire, who by the way when referred to, also gave a retarded decision. Besides, it also includes a ball passing miles away from Dravid's bat and the holier than thou Gilchrist and co went up (and Aussies are throwing baseless appealing accusations on this page, lol) leading to an even more ridiculous decision. Thank god, it didnt include the traditional Aussie bump catches, on wait, it had those too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92zqspN3W2c

Sydney Shame isnt going anywhere folks, despite numerous attempts to sweep it under the carpet.

At the end of the day, they need to do one of two things:
a) Make UDRS compulsory or
b) Stop using it altogether

No middle ground.

The only other feasible option is a third umpire who takes the referral issue out of the players' hands and overrules any incorrect decision.

But I'm guessing our friend irfan would only be happy with that when it goes his way?

Salazar

irfan is right.

Hope a proper whupping is in store tomorrow. Aussies sulking in the slips is one of the greatest sights mankind has been privileged to witness.

Top Bottom