• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
An example of hypocrisy:

What happens when decisions go against Australia:

What happens when decisions go against India:
If you think 1 bad decision advantage to India equals the logic defying decisions from the Sydney Shame, then you are insane. Now, harping on that 1 bad decision advantage to India is making a mountain out of a molehole. Double standards are there (from the Aussies) when the whole Sydney Shame is "ok" and 1 bad decision advantage is not.
At the end of the day, they need to do one of two things:
a) Make UDRS compulsory or
b) Stop using it altogether

No middle ground.

The only other feasible option is a third umpire who takes the referral issue out of the players' hands and overrules any incorrect decision.

But I'm guessing our friend irfan would only be happy with that when it goes his way?
c) India will dictate the rules and everybody will take it like a bitch.

irfan is right.

Hope a proper whupping is in store tomorrow. Aussies sulking in the slips is one of the greatest sights mankind has been privileged to witness.
Wow, Poms out for blood. But you guys already humiliated them ..

artist

Banned
Also Bucknor is the worst umpire ever followed by that Srilankan (forgot his name) umpire. I wouldnt be surprised if he comes out in the open and admits he couldnt see straight or something similar.

They already dictate the rules, and still complain when it goes against them.
Off the field.

Dead Man

Irfan, when you are whinging about aussies showing up in this thread or not, you also need to remember that only the series in Australia are shown on free tv, all the overseas series are on pay tv. So of course there will be less people watching them.

artist

Banned
Irfan, when you are whinging about aussies showing up in this thread or not, you also need to remember that only the series in Australia are shown on free tv, all the overseas series are on pay tv. So of course there will be less people watching them.
Pffft. You know how much I pay for watching non-India series? Love of cricket > $$$

master15

The usual bickering offenders never fail to amuse.

Hussey getting a terrible decision aside the stat is pretty shocking; "Michael Hussey's duck is his 12th in Tests since the beginning of 2008, which is as many as Chris Martin's tally during this period. Only Mitchell Johnson (14) has more"

Dead Man

The usual bickering offenders never fail to amuse.

Hussey getting a terrible decision aside the stat is pretty shocking; "Michael Hussey's duck is his 12th in Tests since the beginning of 2008, which is as many as Chris Martin's tally during this period. Only Mitchell Johnson (14) has more"

That is pretty woeful. Even if you exclude todays, that is a pretty horrible stat.

Pffft. You know how much I pay for watching non-India series? Love of cricket > $$$

So only people who love cricket enough to buy pay TV should post in here now? Get off it.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Not too bad a score considering where Australia were at at one stage. Should be interesting to see how that score holds up after India's innings.

Yagharek

Test cricket is a fucking farce when india are involved. Either allow UDRS all the time or none at all (including runouts).

Why can they refer for no balls but not caught behind?

Fucking cheats.

Yagharek

Sob, sob, sob.

Perfect.

It was the umpire's decision to refer it. But yeah, carry on with the crying, fucking love them tears.

Continue with the hypocrisy, as if we should expect anything different. Cheating is fine when India is getting the benefit from it.

Reviews should either be all or nothing. If players cant get a review, why should they have the option for umpires? It's a shit situation and now it's handing india an unfair advantage courtesy of bcci cheats.

artist

Banned
Also what the fuck is this umpiring .. The on-field umpires dont check no-balls for each ball? The commentators (Moody, Ganguly) were alluding to it.

edit: Cheating is claiming bump catches. Playing by preset or predefined rules is not. You dont know the difference between them :D *Snicker*

Yagharek

Umpires should be checking everything themselves, so why they can check themselves for no-balls only is baffling.

The point of contention is not that it was a no ball - it was. But if the umpire misses it it should still be a wicket. Just as if the umpire thinks the ball hit the bat and a batsman was given out caught behind in error.

It is a farcical situation that ruins the game where you can have tech in some circumstances but not others.

All or nothing should be the deal.

edit: whatever. bump catches that weren't even clear on replays = benefit of the doubt/fielders call. If they are 100% certain they caught it, give it to them. If there is *any* doubt or hesitation, not out. Anyway, its not as bad as cheating harbajhan and him refusing to walk when clean bowled. Remember that one?

artist

Banned
All or nothing should be the deal.
Thats like, your opinion man. This might blow your mind but not everybody (thankfully) agrees with you.
edit: whatever. bump catches that weren't even clear on replays = benefit of the doubt/fielders call. If they are 100% certain they caught it, give it to them. If there is *any* doubt or hesitation, not out. Anyway, its not as bad as cheating harbajhan and him refusing to walk when clean bowled. Remember that one?
Its just as bad as claiming moral high ground and then incessantly appealing for clear-as-day not outs. Btw, not a Harbhajan fan here, glad his ass was dropped.

artist

Banned
The troll here is clearly you, popping once in a while in this thread and running away to your corner.

Been in this thread regularly, through the highs and lows of Indian cricket, unlike you.

master15

I guess that's play for the day then? So much for two more overs.

India takes the day, with two large partnerships. Was impressed with Patterson, with some maturity guy could really develop into a great bowler.

Dravid had a lot of luck but gritty, gritty innings. If we don't get some quick wickets tomorrow then they could put a sizeable lead.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Was hoping Sachin would reach his 100, hopefully he does sometime in this series.

After the way he played today you'd think he'd have a very good chance of making his 100 sometime during the series. Seeing him get his milestone in Australia would make it all the more special imo.

Have BCCI paid the umpires? They were checking deliberately for every Indian dismissal for a no ball after they were out I never saw that during the Australian innings? Are they trying to buy their way to a Sachin 100?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Have BCCI paid the umpires? They were checking deliberately for every Indian dismissal for a no ball after they were out I never saw that during the Australian innings? Are they trying to buy their way to a Sachin 100?

It's a cycle, they fucked up a few times so they will check everything they can...... they will be right in their checks so they will stop..... then they will fuck up again.

Window

I can understand being upset about no DRS and the Hussey + Cowan dismissals but really? Calling them cheats?

Anyway, shame about Tendulkar getting out on the last over of the day. He was playing brilliantly.

Zeppelin

Hey CricketGAF!

Is there anywhere online I can stream cricket matches? I've never seen one but I'd like to. Is there any high profile match coming up?

Window

Hey CricketGAF!

Is there anywhere online I can stream cricket matches? I've never seen one but I'd like to. Is there any high profile match coming up?

Youtube sometimes has live streams of cricket games I think but besides that I'm not sure if we're allowed to post streaming links. There's currently two test matches going on right now, one in Australia (vs India) and South Africa (vs Sri Lanka) which are both pretty big.

Pretty sure they checked no ball when Clarke was bowled, was close but not over

Window

No talk of SA vs SL? Sri Lanka defying expectations and doing exceptionally well so far. Can't believe Steyn went wicketless and another fiver for a debutant this year in de Lange.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Everyone is probably asleep, me waking up at stupid 6:30am to walk the dog :/

Good effort by SL though, rolled SA. Gonna be tough to come back from that.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Cheats! lol

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

No talk of SA vs SL? Sri Lanka defying expectations and doing exceptionally well so far. Can't believe Steyn went wicketless and another fiver for a debutant this year in de Lange.

Oh wow, just saw the days results. I haven't been keeping up with all of cricket I barely get a chance to watch Australian games let alone any others.
Philander didn't play, is he injured?

Top Bottom