• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

snoopen

Fuck your lack of DRS acceptance right off India. I seriously hope Tendaulker gets out awfully and you can see how bullshit some of these calls against Aus have been.

Grug

Jesus, feels like I never left.

No evolution in the level of discourse I see. I suspect I know why. I plan not to feed it...

Anyway... just woke up and expected to see that Dravid and Laxman had cruised India past our total. Jesus Christ Hilfy. Where did that come from.

Grug

Has the ball been doing much this morning? Have only seen the last 3 overs or so.. looks a pretty good batting pitch.

master15

Finally! Some cheap runs being given away near the end.

Now time for the top order to stand up and someone needs to dig in for a long innings.

Grug

Dravid got done a bit, but I think it seamed. I don't think there's been that much.

Cheers Salazar.

There goes the last wicket. Rapt with a 51 head start considering where we were one over before stumps yesterday. Need a few underperforming batsmen to make the most of it.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Finally! Some cheap runs being given away near the end.

Now time for the top order to stand up and someone needs to dig in for a long innings.

The problem seems to be whenever Australia's bowling attack causes a bit of a collapse the batting side then seem to demonise the pitch and collapse themselves.

Fingers cross they can stick it out, I think India will go better in the second innings.

master15

So few weeks ago I was watching some random cricket videos and I don't care what any of you may think, but watching Mark Waugh in full flight was a joy to behold. Easily my favourite batsmen to watch.

I remember as a young kid modelling my batting on him (Could never quite manage his stance- so changed it to G. Blewitt)

Grug

So few weeks ago I was watching some random cricket videos and I don't care what any of you may think, but watching Mark Waugh in full flight was a joy to behold. Easily my favourite batsmen to watch.

Don't think you'll get too many informed people disagreeing with you. Mark Waugh was the most technically proficient Australian batsmen I can remember. Beautiful strokemaker.

Didn't have the warrior instinct of his brother though. When the heat was on, you wanted Steve out there.

Rezbit

Australia really just need a consistent batting performance. 350 will be very good. Love the look of Cowan, who is just what we need - none of this fishing for balls outside off this innings please.

Grug

Australia really just need a consistent batting performance. 350 will be very good. Love the look of Cowan, who is just what we need - none of this fishing for balls outside off this innings please.

Yeah, I don't want to get carried away after one innings but he really looks like a true test opener doesn't he. Great temperament. Langeresque.

Just need to pin down the Haydenesque "aggressor" at the other end long term... Warner or Watson?

Grug

Blasphemy.

Lawry and Greig irritating the shit out of each other in the comm box is one of the iconic sounds of summer in Australia.

master15

Lawry and Greig irritating the shit out of each other in the comm box is one of the iconic sounds of summer in Australia.

Yup, being in Canada the only coverage I can get is Star network, which has pretty bland and orindary combox. Tom Moody, Ganguly, Ravi ect

I am slightly biased since I grew up listening to Channel 9 team but still...

By the way very nervous watching openers here. Zaheer getting some swing.

Grug

I'll never be able to relax watching Warner bat. Not interested in presenting the full face of the bat. Always looks like he is about to chop the ball onto his stumps.

master15

I'll never be able to relax watching Warner bat. Not interested in presenting the full face of the bat. Always looks like he is about to chop the ball onto his stumps.

Yup, Zaheer looks like he could get a wicket any moment. That's the difference; I feel nervous everytime Aussie bat these days.

Edit: Grug you called it. Sloopy :(

Dead Man

Been working all day, caught Dravids wicket this morning but nothing since then, sounds pretty balanced at the moment?

Jesus, feels like I never left.

No evolution in the level of discourse I see. I suspect I know why. I plan not to feed it...

Anyway... just woke up and expected to see that Dravid and Laxman had cruised India past our total. Jesus Christ Hilfy. Where did that come from.

Hey Gruggy!! Good to see you back.

Rezbit

And Australia do it again. Why, when they get in to a good position, do the batters come out and look like they're shitting themselves?

Grug

Hawkeye shows it was a 50/50 but no one to blame but himself. Always looks so much worse when you don't offer a shot.

Grug

And Australia do it again. Why, when they get in to a good position, do the batters come out and look like they're shitting themselves?

Yep, has been the story of the past 3-4 years. We can never have our bowlers and batsmen in good form in the same match. One part of the team generally fires and the other part, like clockwork lets them down.

Salazar

tDYyZ.gif

Australia will probably pull it out a bit. Ponting will go alright. Good early wickets, though.

Grug

I'd like to say there are demons on the pitch but that was just shit batting... again. Each of our wickets has been just dumb.

Rezbit

Very disappointing to see 3 of the "new" guys get out cheaply. If ever there was a time to cement your spot that was it. Good bowling, but very poor batting too.

Grug

No 100th century for Sachin in a boxing day test. He won't be batting at this rate.

Edit: LOL. Pup. Captain's knock under pressure... as usual.

Top Bottom