• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Hell no this is the India I recall. Aggressive and proactive. They were decent in the first game but have stepped up a notch for tonight.

But it's all up to their batting.

artist

Banned
Pakistan all out for 99. Wonder if England have learned to bat against spin yet?
Nice.

"Pakistan have been bowled out under 100 on 13 occasions so far. They were bowled out under 100 in England three times in the 2010 tour. They have also been bowled out for sub-100 scores five times against Australia and once each against West Indies, Sri Lanka and South Africa."

bhangra.gif
bhangra.gif
bhangra.gif

Rezbit

Was very surprised to see the team tonight. You win, and you have fuck all games to get ready for the World Cup, so you...change the team? Drop THREE players from a winning team and drop the opening batter who made OVER SEVENTY in the first game to like number 6? Straight retarded.

Kudos to India...dat fielding. No kudos to Dussey...dat shitty calling.

artist

Banned
Was very surprised to see the team tonight. You win, and you have fuck all games to get ready for the World Cup, so you...change the team? Drop THREE players from a winning team and drop the opening batter who made OVER SEVENTY in the first game to like number 6? Straight retarded.
Winning got to their heads.

Kudos to India...dat fielding. No kudos to Dussey...dat shitty calling.
I think talking to the commentators threw Dussey off.

edit: Still talking & LMAO Finch still totally upset with him. Drop a catch Dussey then you'll stop talking :p

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Oh dearie me. Cook gone for 1, Trott gone. England 8/2 - shortest test match ever in prospect? It's still not teatime on the first day.

artist

Banned
Poor Doherty, biggest six of the last few couple months.

Hoggy picks up Sehwag. This was the best opening partnership by India all this tour, lol.

speedpop

India have this one in the bag.

I feel it's been a long time coming for this Australia-India relationship and rivalry to develop. There are many similarities in terms of cultural characteristics as well as considering the "birth" of the respective modern nations due to participation in World War I and World War II.

The only difference is that India pursued independence directly after World War II - Australia could have pursued the same and would have likely won if it weren't for Robert Menzies sugar coating the monarchy.

speedpop

I seriously hope Haddin is gone. He was nothing more than an in-betweener.

Dhoni looks weird without a cap or helmet.

artist

Banned
Hogg = Joker
Finch = Bane
Bailey = Ras Al Ghul

Doherty is such a class spinner that he makes Lyon look like Warne. Got hit for one six and since then he fired all balls at 100k plus.

speedpop

Channel 9's commentary becomes much more digestable when the Australian side is being dealt a loss.

And yet Slater and Healy still talk up Brett Lee winning man of the match - are you lads for fucking real?

artist

Banned
Channel 9's commentary becomes much more digestable when the Australian side is being dealt a loss.

And yet Slater and Healy still talk up Brett Lee winning man of the match - are you lads for fucking real?
They were joking around but Healy is still a tool.

speedpop

ABC's Grandstand were saying that Bailey was acting reckless in the 1st match by pushing himself up the order. They weren't really happy, outside of the guest commentator from India who chastised his fellow commentators for hating on someone without strong evidence.

If India win the next game then Bailey won't touch a captain's catch again, even in the short form.

artist

Banned
ABC's Grandstand were saying that Bailey was acting reckless in the 1st match by pushing himself up the order. They weren't really happy, outside of the guest commentator from India who chastised his fellow commentators for hating on someone without strong evidence.

If India win the next game then Bailey won't touch a captain's catch again, even in the short form.
There is no third T20 game. Bailey's worth will have to wait longer to get evaluated.

And lol @ Dhoni.

Aww no, more hatin on Bailey. Too little too late though.

Rezbit

Honestly, huge Bailey fan (Tassie bias) but that was some shitty captaincy tonight. Not helped by the worst running/calling and batting of the summer. Really bad bowling changes, SHIT field placement (you're defending 130 and you push everyone as far back as possible...really?) and not getting in his bowlers ears when everyone was bowling straight pies. Where were the yorkers? Mitch Marsh should fucking be ashamed of himself. Also dropping Travis Birt, Dan fuckin' Christian and Faulkner, and putting in...McKay? Really? The largest spud of Australian cricket? Disgraceful.

I actually hope people give that loss a working over, because even in T20, if you play like that on an international level you need to analyse how bad you actually were. Australia need to get back that killer edge on every stage.

Also lol@Pietersen out to left arm spin again.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Bell on 1 at drinks.

Is there anything more scary than Bell on 1? Yep, Pietersen all the damn time.

Rezbit

A worry (and I pretty much hear this a LOT in Australia, see David Warner's switch-hit) is that the selectors and the general public pretty much seem to be "Oh well, it's only T20 LOL!" but I think that winning attitude absolutely needs to go throughout every format at international level. You just had to look at Kohli going nuts to see how stoked they were to win one fucking game against Australia.

speedpop

F'real. Never knew who Kohli was prior to the test matches, but my admiration for him grows with each game. A man who is passionate about winning.

artist

Banned
Bell probably wanted to go to the loo, as he got the bug :p

I mean who gets stumped in a test match? :D

What England needed was to send Broad up. He's counter attacked with the bat very well earlier (56*) and given his bowling performance I wouldnt be surprised if he scored another 50.

Rezbit

Honestly, it seems like DRS is working in this series? For too long on shitty arse tracks has LBW not been given, now it's really highlighting them. Umps would normally be too scared to give that many LBW's, but this is really making the right decision (nb: I say this without watching these tests extensively).

Top Bottom