• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Grug

Yeah, I was a bit shocked to see his stats after Puppy talked him up saying he would probably also make it into the test side.

The problem is that if we keep insisting on using the ODI side as a job interview for test cricketers, we'll get the occasional test purist struggling away in the ODI side rather than the format they are truly suited for.

Grug

LOL.

Brad Haddin just notched up a pair of ducks at the WACA in a shield match.

#dontcomeback

Yes, I just hashtagged a forum post. #notevenembarrassed

Kerrby

Banned
LOL.

Brad Haddin just notched up a pair of ducks at the WACA in a shield match.

#dontcomeback

Yes, I just hashtagged a forum post. #notevenembarrassed

bad hands unpacking his bags for the windies tour

3, 1, duck, duck in the shield. and nsw dropped nevill for him!

Kerrby

Banned
Looking at 280 easily from here on.

edit: Definitely Mussey's lucky day, 99th chance he has been given now.

India just suck though, Dhonutz should've ran out the aussie players at least four times by now and each time hasn't been paying attention.

Grug

Kohli needs to see a sports psychologist. He shouldn't be letting the crowd get to him. On the tough days when he has nothing to give back to them, it will take its toll.

They're just yahoos who've had too much beer. Needs to learn to tune them out.

Also yes Kohli shouldn't act like that on the field, would be nice for cricket to be the gentlemens game again one day.

Apparently Dhoni will be up for a one match ban again for slow over rates? The rule obviously doesn't work, make it a fine for every single player on the bowling team instead. Might get more pressure on them to get through them.

Damn you Win, showing The Golden Girls on GEM instead of the end of the Innings.

Someone on the commentary team even said it was going to be on GEM! Would have been nice to watch that DHussey six. :(

Grug

Christian going nuts.

Kohli kept his eyes well and truly below crowd level after those two balls sailed right past him.

Wildesy

Also yes Kohli shouldn't act like that on the field, would be nice for cricket to be the gentlemens game again one day.

Apparently Dhoni will be up for a one match ban again for slow over rates? The rule obviously doesn't work, make it a fine for every single player on the bowling team instead. Might get more pressure on them to get through them.

Someone on the commentary team even said it was going to be on GEM! Would have been nice to watch that DHussey six. :(

They do fine the bowling team sometimes, I know the whole Indian team has previously been fined for a slow ODI rate. I think it was like 25% of their match fee?

I'm not sure that works though either. The best way to stop it would be docking overs from the offending team's innings.

Grug

Hard to care about slow over rates in ODIs. Test matches yes, but in ODIs the only thing it does is piss off the TV networks.

If only these two were in earlier.

We're going to have to bowl and field well.

110 off last 10 overs have put us in a great position. As long as we bowl tight lines and field well (actually make some run outs for once) Australia should win. All about keeping that pressure on to pick up the wickets.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Channel 9 finally doing the sensible act and transferring broadcasts to their other channels. Just in time to witness Gambhir's wicket.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Ha dropped a sitter then got another next ball, would have been shitting.

Think Kholis wicket may have been worth more in the scheme of things.

Anyways "Not today"

artist

Banned
Top order just imploded, best to try to score as much as you can so that the NRR doesnt tank and Australia dont get a bonus point.

tri_willy

holy shit at the game between nsw and wa, total ownage by wa on nsw, a triple ton by a bloke called davis and the best nsw can muster up individually is a 31 by watto in the 2nd innings. holy shit at beer getting 6 wickets in the 2nd innings in a waca pitch

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
holy shit at the game between nsw and wa, total ownage by wa on nsw, a triple ton by a bloke called davis and the best nsw can muster up individually is a 31 by watto in the 2nd innings. holy shit at beer getting 6 wickets in the 2nd innings in a waca pitch

Do we call that a six pack

*shit eating grin*

Did Healy just get the characters names wrong from the Big Bang theory, thus completely unraveling his supposed genuine love for the show and exposing Nines pathetic cross promotional efforts?

Edit: Hahaha, just corrected himself after the break!

Dead Man

I hate being at work on a weekend, but I love being able to watch cricket at work. What a woeful start by India.

Funny listening to the commentary talk about the TV shows like they actually watch them.

Ugh, horrible trend from the US.

The problem is that if we keep insisting on using the ODI side as a job interview for test cricketers, we'll get the occasional test purist struggling away in the ODI side rather than the format they are truly suited for.

Yeah, they need to acknowledge that the games are different.

Did Healy just get the characters names wrong from the Big Bang theory, thus completely unraveling his supposed genuine love for the show and exposing Nines pathetic cross promotional efforts?

Edit: Hahaha, just corrected himself after the break!

Fucking numpties.

At least Kohli is consistent in acting like a 4 year old child.

Also weak batting by India. Once Kohli was gone it was game over, score is a bridge too far for Dhoni to rescue this time. Already need nearly 7 an over from here on out.

Nice that we had a victory on a day that I can actually watch the cricket finally. A few of our batsmen need to play their natural game after their efforts today though, great knock at the end by the Hussey Bros. and Christian.

artist

Banned
At least Kohli is consistent in acting like a 4 year old child.
If Kohli is acting like a 4 year old then Australians have an image of acting like 2 year olds ..

Good that he's rubbing you guys on the wrong side. Like this one;
Kohli's tears after getting caught out, pure gold.

:D

That Kohli reaction definitely did stung quite a bit. Nice!

edit: This Dhoni/Lee battle is getting quite interesting. Lee is definitely not keeping his cool.

Top Bottom