• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
LOL a bit harsh.
Well I'm not an inbred like Cheesy going about posting idiotic threads about my dog .. :D

username change was requested some time back, I guess it was approved just now. Dont worry, I'm not going to tone down the sting in my posts, you'll still be untwisting all your panties. ;)

FYI, Cheesy being classy Australian making fun out of autism.

artist

Banned
Big loss, Australia 60% in the finals now. India need to pummell SL if they need to make their road to the finals easier.

beast786

Something that Pakistan cant say .. lol

bhangra.gif
bhangra.gif
bhangra.gif

142719.jpg

142726.jpg

142728.jpg

So Gooooooooood , lol.

midonnay

lol channel nine news

"in one of the biggest decision in cricket history....Ricky ponting has been dropped from the one day team"

overreaction much?

beast786

lol, one captain got banned for one match and the other got his career ended. /zing

Artist formerly known as irfan?

Ricky Career:

Most victories as ODI captain: 162
Most victories as Test captain: 48
Highest victory rate as ODI captain in more than 20 matches: 75.74%
Most Cricket World Cups won as captain: 2, shared with Clive Lloyd
Most consecutive Test victories won as captain: 16, shared with Steve Waugh
Undefeated as Captain in World Cups (25 matches)
Most consecutive Ashes defeats in England: 2, shared with Billy Murdoch

Zing?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Feel sorry for those lads out there on the Gabba in suits at 1pm. It's not extremely hot but the humidity is wanting to choke you. Tony Greig looked like he was about to die.

Typical late Feb Brisbane days where the heat comes down a little more and reminds you that Summer is ending. There was a thunderstorm and some rain at about 3am last night and supposed to hit again later this evening so hopefully the match will be finished before then.

As for Ponting out of ODIs, shame to see it happen but all good things must pass. I still remember him sporting that ridiculous facial hair when I was barely a teen.

Dead Man

Artist formerly known as irfan?

Ricky Career:

Most victories as ODI captain: 162
Most victories as Test captain: 48
Highest victory rate as ODI captain in more than 20 matches: 75.74%
Most Cricket World Cups won as captain: 2, shared with Clive Lloyd
Most consecutive Test victories won as captain: 16, shared with Steve Waugh
Undefeated as Captain in World Cups (25 matches)
Most consecutive Ashes defeats in England: 2, shared with Billy Murdoch

Zing?

:lol

But yeah, a great career, even if it did start a bit rocky with all the attention over a few fights and some drinking.

Rezbit

As for Ponting out of ODIs, shame to see it happen but all good things must pass. I still remember him sporting that ridiculous facial hair when I was barely a teen.

Yeah shame to see Punter go, but the time was right. At least it sounds like he's gonna hang around and play some games for Tassie, which will be good.

And that evil twin goatee was the best facial hair ever haha.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Ricky_Ponting.jpg

Should have kept the sweet mullet to accompany the goatee. Would have been king of Tasmania.

Here's an artist* (*not the douche) impression of what he would look like

joe-dirt-4.jpg

artist

Banned
:lol

But yeah, a great career, even if it did start a bit rocky with all the attention over a few fights and some drinking.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, Pakistanis do it well! :lol

Punter had possibly the best team, so those captain stats are not really a good measure. No doubt he was a good captain and a leader (not anywhere close to the level those stats suggest) and one of the greatest odi players ever.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
India got punished in that last over. No idea why Kohli was bowling it.

Tendulkar and Sehwag gotta pick up their game to chase the 290.

Top Bottom