• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
And looks like Puppy drove some sense into him, 3 consecutive fours, a six and his strike rate is now from the 50s to the 70s.

beast786

OMG, Forrest threw an expletive on getting an hundred. beast"786" and Vince might need to untwist their panties now.

Do you know concept of ignore list?

Also, I cant expect you to understand a celebration for possible game winning inning versus a celebration of hundred in guaranteed defeat .

beast786

I am pretty sure there is not a soul in this thread that some how even thinks that was a sting to a pakistani cricket fan. But only in the mind of artist formerly known as irfan.

Kholi celebration during an ending moments of a match that was guaranteed lost. Which was the 4th test of a series that resulted in a complete white wash (1st time in the history , record breaking embarrassment) versus fosters possible game winning inning and pretty much putting Australia in the finals

The comparison only holds in the mind of artist formerly known as irfan.

I am in your mind. Even the poor ignore list cant me out of your mind. lol

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Ugh, no one can bowl at the death. Harris was doing the best at the end there, shame he was godawful at the start. Good win though, tried to put $10 on SL but site wouldnt let me live bet :(

Rezbit

Sat with a group of very vocal Lankan fans! Tough game to lose, that one. Continues the Aussies poor Bellerive form. Well played to Sri Lanka though, damn Chandimal and Mathews look good players. Very likable team. I've got a tip for Pup - bowl Doherty at the death. The dude is clutch.

Here's a pic:

akINY.jpg

Dussey telling me to watch out after a ball sizzled into the fence!

Dynedom

Great win. It got tight but not as tight/close as some of the previous games. Chandimal is a gem of a player. When Thirimanna finds his stride in ODI cricket, he will be too.

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by Mahela opening and Maharoof being brought back into the side. Both have paid dividends. Maharoof was, for the most part, one of the reasons why Aus didn't score over 300 today and pretty instrumental in the previous win against them too. Seeing Mahela as an opener, you almost wouldn't think this is the guy who was struggling to make even double digits as a number 4/5 a few weeks/months ago.

I guess this all balances out the fact that Malinga isn't having his best bowling performance this series. =( Come on Slinga.

Next match against India will be crucial and tough. Not ready to claim that Sri Lanka has Australia's number just yet (even though we have our best record in the tournament against them).

artist

Banned
in the bag for sri lanka

i knew forrest's innings would come at a cost! but then so was our bowling
Been telling that .. it was also a very selfish innings that he went into Afridi/Sehwag mode of mindlessly going after the ball as soon as he got his hundred. He need to make up that almost 40 deficit between his balls consumed and runs scored.

artist

Banned
Big morale victory for Pakistan in the last T20. Too bad they cant get another MASSIVE morale victory like the previous one in this game .. unless we have some Afridi magic.

Not this kind:

afr.jpg

But magic with his bat.

artist

Banned
Puppy out, Watto in as captain. Also ..

cricinfo said:
So Virender Sehwag gets rotated out of a match. He comes back and becomes captain. MS Dhoni gets banned for slow over-rates. He comes back and becomes captain. Michael Clarke misses a game with a calf strain. He comes back and becomes captain. Shane Watson misses a few months of cricket with an injury. He comes back and becomes captain. Spare a thought for Ricky Ponting - for him, the fortunes have swung the other way.

rickypontingR_450x300.jpg

Yagharek

I've been on holidays, tiger. And still in a salty mood over South Australia winning last night.

The world doesn't revolve around your irrational hatred, irfan.

Grug

Before the whinging begins. That was out. Lee has the right to go for the ball, and the right to pull out and allow a teammate to get it. He clearly had no desire to intentionally block Sachin.

Frustrating for Tendulkar, and I feel for him, but by the book that's out.

P.S. In before "Not Today". ;)

Grug

India well on track with the run rate. If they can keep their composure and play a controlled innings from here on out they should be able to do this with overs to spare.

artist

Banned
Before the whinging begins. That was out. Lee has the right to go for the ball, and the right to pull out and allow a teammate to get it. He clearly had no desire to intentionally block Sachin.

Frustrating for Tendulkar, and I feel for him, but by the book that's out.

P.S. In before "Not Today". ;)
It was a fair call, unlike the Dussey one.

Top Bottom