• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
maybe australia can make 300 this time seeing as forrest isnt playing ;)
Good that Forrest was dropped, called it.

Big talk from Jayawardene prematch, looks like none of it is coming true. Malinga the slinga being himself again, incosistent and getting hit around the park.

artist

Banned
What do you guys reckon the final total would be after an opening stand like this (best in the series so far) ?

375 with Warner getting 150+

artist

Banned
There's that high jump, grats on the 100.

Now dont throw it away, stick around till the 50 over mark and Australia will win.

artist

Banned
Ooh, 3 quick wickets. So far the batting order by Clarke hasnt made sense and doesnt pay off.

edit: Grug, only Watson fell in the powerplay.

tri_willy

what an almighty thumper by mussey

since warner got bowled on last bowl of innings, did he carry the bat? or do you have to be not out?

artist

Banned
So I got one part of my prediction right :) If only the middle order didnt collapse ..

Still this is Australia's game, SL can start prepping for the second final. (Would love to be wrong on this)

what an almighty thumper by mussey
Nice shot but got nothing on Dhoni's hit in Adelaide. :p

Kerrby

Banned
Sri Lanka have come out on fire as well but it won't be enough. Aussies should have this in the bag due to Warner and Wades great partnership.

No need to panic people. All match should be like this. Australia had habit of winning comfortably for so long that close matches are giving people nightmares lol .

Dynedom

Damn close match. Only losing by 15 runs is crazy. Sri Lanka can definitely win this tournament. If they have a good day bowling, I don't think Australia will find it easy at all.

Should be an interesting next 2 matches. Hopefully this comes down to the final game and isn't decided in the next one.

I'm also surprised people think Sri Lanka had no chance chasing down a 300+ score, seeing as how they did it twice against South Africa against arguably a better pace bowling attack and harder conditions. Perera and Matthews not being in the side definitely hurts their chasing ability though. Hopefully Matthews is fit for the next one. I think Perera has been ruled out for the rest of the finals.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Damn close match. Only losing by 15 runs is crazy. Sri Lanka can definitely win this tournament. If they have a good day bowling, I don't think Australia will find it easy at all.

Should be an interesting next 2 matches. Hopefully this comes down to the final game and isn't decided in the next one.

I'm also surprised people think Sri Lanka had no chance chasing down a 300+ score, seeing as how they did it twice against South Africa against arguably a better pace bowling attack and harder conditions. Perera and Matthews not being in the side definitely hurts their chasing ability though. Hopefully Matthews is fit for the next one. I think Perera has been ruled out for the rest of the finals.

I would have thought Sri Lanka were slight favorites to win given they'd beaten Australia their last three times before this game.

Sri Lanka chasing 300+ at the start of the innings was very doable and they made a good showing early. It was only when they started losing constant wickets that, i think, most of us would have of really liked Australia chances of winning. They were 6/144 needing 9 an over and they looked completely shot. But around the 35th over the next 10 overs netted them 1/118, that's what got them back into the game plus the missed Aussie chances.

Dynedom

I would have thought Sri Lanka were slight favorites to win given they'd beaten Australia their last three times before this game.

Sri Lanka chasing 300+ at the start of the innings was very doable and they made a good showing early. It was only when they started losing constant wickets that, i think, most of us would have of really liked Australia chances of winning. They were 6/144 needing 9 an over and they looked completely shot. But around the 35th over the next 10 overs netted them 1/118, that's what got them back into the game plus the missed Aussie chances.

Oh I absolutely accept people writing off Sri Lanka at like 144/6, haha. I don't understand people saying "it's over" before SL even batted. Even if they were right in the end, they were just barely right, haha.

artist

Banned
Oh I absolutely accept people writing off Sri Lanka at like 144/6, haha. I don't understand people saying "it's over" before SL even batted. Even if they were right in the end, they were just barely right, haha.
I was one of them and was hoping to be wrong .. it just looked like an uphill battle when Australia got 320+ SL barely managed to chase down 280 in the earlier game and that too at Hobart. Add to the fact that there is no Mathews and a Tharanga who was just out of sorts, things were just completely stacked against an SL win. The fact that they managed to get close from the 36th over onwards was a 1 in 1000 probability and this was just that 1 occasion.

artist

Banned
89260.jpg

R.I.P.

Top Bottom