• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

beast786

I don't know about this, all teams have batting and bowling strengths. If India can bat well on dead pitch, then any other team should be able to bat just as well and beat India. If this was true, all matches being played in India should be high scoring games with at least 500 runs being scored in any given match with minimal wickets taken.

You can't make statements like this without statistics and figures.

look at India performance in pitches which are not dead and favors bowling. There horrendous tour of England and Australia where they lost record inning defeats. Same India then destroyed England at home.

To have pitches that caters to your Strenght is fine, it's been like this forever. lets not only complain when matches are played on road only and enjoy home cooking when at home.

look at India performance in pitches which are not dead and favors bowling. There horrendous tour of England and Australia where they lost record inning defeats. Same India then destroyed England at home.

To have pitches that caters to your Strenght is fine, it's been like this forever. lets not only complain when matches are played on road only and enjoy home cooking when at home.

This argument reminds me of the, "Sachin can only bat on dead pitches," argument, which is blatant racism. People can't handle the fact, that a brown Hindu guy is the best batsman today, so they come up with this delusional horse shit to make themselves feel better.

I don't know anything about what happened in England or Australia, but you are making it sound India can't win anywhere else except for India.

Anyway congrats to West Indies, they deserve it.

Dynedom

As gutted as I am, dat West Indian celebration has me smiling from ear to ear.

Don't mind losing to this team, haha.

Cue the Gangnam Style!

beast786

This argument reminds me of the, "Sachin can only bat on dead pitches," argument, which is blatant racism. People can't handle the fact, that a brown Hindu guy is the best batsman today, so they come up with this delusional horse shit to make themselves feel better.

I don't know anything about what happened in England or Australia,
but you are making it sound India can't win anywhere else except for India.

Then what's the point of asking facts when you're ignorance chose to ignore it. Brown people WTF?

Did I say anything about sachin?

Then what's the point of asking facts when you're ignorance chose to ignore it. Brown people WTF?

I said your argument reminds me of the criticism against Sachin. Guess reading comprehension isn't your forte.

The way you are saying it, India only wins on Indian pitches and loses every where else, which is complete bullshit.

Dynedom

I said your argument reminds me of the criticism against Sachin. Guess reading comprehension isn't your forte.

The way you are saying it, India only wins on Indian pitches and loses every where else, which is complete bullshit.

He probably means they can only win on spinning pitches or at home. Still a dubious claim.

beast786

Please don't get facts get in your way http://www.rediff.com/cricket/repor...stats-india-poor-overseas-record/20111229.htm

Your defense reminds me of a lunatic Indian cricket fan , who thinks there is conspiracy against brown Hindu players.

Dynedom

Sad that Mahela and Sanga may go down as 2 of the best ever to never win a World Cup. Murali and Sanath at least had titles.

Please don't get facts get in your way http://www.rediff.com/cricket/repor...stats-india-poor-overseas-record/20111229.htm

Your defense reminds me of a lunatic Indian cricket fan , who thinks there is conspiracy is against brown Hindu players.

this has nothing to do with pitches...Indian cricket council doesn't care about test cricket, they has been recent alarm over test cricket dying in India

The Indian Premier League (IPL) has redefined cricket by bringing players from different countries to play under a single team. However, the downside is that IPL is responsible for shifting the loyalties of players from cricket to money. And the recent debacle in Down Under has raised a question, whether the shorter version of the game (T20) has robbed the romance of Test cricket. DNA finds out about the future of this gentleman’s game.

T-20 matches are show-off and players are lured by the money it offers
Yes, IPL is robbing the charm of Test cricket. This is evident in the last two Test matches that we lost in Australia. The upcoming players and youngsters have taken a liking to IPL and have lost the tact and fire to play the longer version of the game.

Test cricket, we have a problem
There's no use pretending the premier format will be able to muddle through when it's clearly in serious trouble

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/569323.html
nobody watches test cricket, the stadiums are empty, theres no money in it.... now bring on the ODI stats.

wait same team that wins at home and looses on road it's because council doesn't care. .. Lol

I have no fucking clue what you are talking about...I don't even fucking know how you jumped from talking about dead pitches to test cricket. But whatever makes you sleep at night.

I was just saying Indian crickets don't care about test cricket, they don't have the temperament to play long test matches. They are all ADD affected boys who care about the shorter format of the game where the $$$ is. All the decent test batsman have left the Indian team anyway....Sachin can't play anymore, Dravid is gone, Laxman is gone...etc Moreover the Indian Cricket Council doesn't care about looking for players who might be good at test cricket. IPL is where the $$ is these days.

artist

Banned
Sniper, just ignore the guy .. Good reason I still have him on ignore. He won't let this thread be civil with his antics.

Sniper, just ignore the guy .. Good reason I still have him on ignore. He won't let this thread be civil with his antics.
yea I am about to leave anyway, just wanted to get that out. His reasoning is complete bullshit but whatever...like i said I am casual cricket fan.

beast786

I have no fucking clue what you are talking about...I don't even fucking know how you jumped from talking about dead pitches to test cricket. But whatever makes you sleep at night.

I was just saying Indian crickets don't care about test cricket, they don't have the temperament to play long test matches. They are all ADD affected boys who care about the shorter format of the game where the $$$ is. All the decent test batsman have left the Indian team anyway....Sachin can't play anymore, Dravid is gone, Laxman is gone...etc Moreover the Indian Cricket Council doesn't care about looking for players who might be good at test cricket. IPL is where the $$ is these days.

Did you even bother what I posted? Same team that beat up teams at home (test or ODI) gets kicked in balls overseas !!!!!!

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS THE CASE.

artist

Banned
West Indies needed this .. hopefully they can build on this and become a stronger team at other levels as well. They did well against Australia recently but are still a long long way behind their former greats.

Window

What happened there was combination of factors and not simply India being flat track bullies. Let's be honest here and look at long term overseas performances of this team before those two horrendous tours. India beat England, drew with SA, beat NZ, lost 2-1 to Australia, beat Windies (not the very recent tour but the one in 06/07 or sometime then where conditions were tough as hell). Those countries I mentioned are places which are considered to give assistance to fast bowlers, in other words I'm not including performances on turning tracks which are considered dead pitches these days for some reason (and to make it clear yes there do happen to be a higher propotion of roads for matches played in the subcontinent than elsewhere but it's silly to label all of these matches' conditions as batsmen friendly). The series results which I mentioned were achieved largely by the same team which lost 8 overseas matched back to back.

Excited to see WI win though, they are having a nice little resurgence I feel.

beast786

What happened there was combination of factors and not simply India being flat track bullies. Let's be honest here and look at long term overseas performances of this team before those two horrendous tours. India beat England, drew with SA, beat NZ, lost 2-1 to Australia, beat Windies (not the very recent tour but the one in 06/07 or sometime then where conditions were tough as hell). Those countries I mentioned are places which are considered to give assistance to fast bowlers, in other words I'm not including performances on turning tracks which are considered dead pitches these days for some reason (and to make it clear yes there do happen to be a higher propotion of roads for matches played in the subcontinent than elsewhere but it's silly to label all of these matches' conditions as batsmen friendly). The series results which I mentioned were achieved largely by the same team which lost 8 overseas matched back to back.

Hey, I don't disagree with you at all. But look at Aus when it dominated, where you played didn't make a Differnce. fact is there is always home cooking in pitches and both India / Pakistan/ rest of the world are build that way.

Pakistan dominated England in the last test series at home (not really). England being #1 ranked at that time. my point wasn't just india, but only complaining about home cook wickets when they are not your favoring is being hypocritical . because its obvious from subcontinent teams have always perform poorly overseas and much better at home. That is a fact.

Window

Hey, I don't disagree with you at all. But look at Aus when it dominated, where you played didn't make a Differnce. fact is there is always home cooking in pitches and both India / Pakistan/ rest of the world are build that way.

Pakistan dominated England in the last test series at home (not really). England being #1 ranked at that time. my point wasn't just india, but only complaining about home cook wickets when they are not your favoring is being hypocritical . because its obvious from subcontinent teams have always perform poorly overseas and much better at home. That is a fact.

Well that's because that AUS team was an amazing all time great team. None of today's teams compare, not yet anyway. As for what you're saying, if it is that if a team does prepare pitches which are to their advantage for a home series but complains about the same when the opposition does so for an away series and that this is hypocritical then yes I agree. I don't know who's done this recently though, I think most teams seem to be accepting of this practice (or practise? always gets me confused...) nowadays.

Dynedom

Well that's because that AUS team was an amazing all time great team. None of today's teams compare, not yet anyway. As for what you're saying, if it is that if a team does prepare pitches which are to their advantage for a home series but complains about the same when the opposition does so for an away series and that this is hypocritical then yes I agree. I don't know who's done this recently though, I think most teams seem to be accepting of this practice (or practise? always gets me confused...) nowadays.

It's the common argument made against South African pitches.

When SL won their first Test Match ever in South Africa it was on, surprise surprise, a flat pitch.

Window

It's the common argument made against South African pitches.

When SL won their first Test Match ever in South Africa it was on, surprise surprise, a flat pitch.

Oh I wasn't aware of this. To be clear, are you saying that Sri Lanka complained about SA's pitch in the first match which induced SA into making a flat pitch for the second?

Dynedom

Oh I wasn't aware of this. To be clear, are you saying that Sri Lanka complained about SA's pitch in the first match which induced SA into making a flat pitch for the second?

I don't think SL (the team at least) complained about the pitches in South Africa. They certainly didn't complain when they found one they liked and won on it, haha.

Window

I don't think SL (the team at least) complained about the pitches in South Africa. They certainly didn't complain when they found one they liked and won on it, haha.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying by arguements made against SA picthes then. Was it the general media/commentators who complained?

artist

Banned
Not sure what we're discussing a tangential topic but every country prepares pitches that suit their team. Fast bouncy pitches in Australia/SA, slow turners in Pakistan/India/Bangladesh/SL, pitches that offer movement both ways in England/NZ/WI etc.

Having said that no country should prepare a horrendous pitch like this one where even the home team can barely get to 100. This was a wretched piece of a pitch, no two ways about it. I think it was mainly prepared to negate the Gayle factor.

params7

Banned
http://youtu.be/59LHEldJcDk

gangnam.gif

Please Jamaica, never stop producing cricketers.

tri_willy

congrats to sachin tendulkar for soon to be awarded with the order of merit of australia for the following reasons:

sugarcoating australia's relationship with india
helping gillard sell uranium to india

anything else?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty shitty news. Doesn't look like it's been posted yet. Hope it's not as bad as it sounds and he gets through it.

Tony Greig diagnosed with lung cancer.

The former England captain and Nine Network commentator underwent tests earlier this month after failing to recover from a suspected case of bronchitis, the Sunday Telegraph reports.

Doctors discovered a small lesion on the base of his right lung and later revealed he had cancer.

"I have had a few scrapes in my life and this is another one," the South African-born identity told the paper.

"(My wife) Vivian and I are going to put the boxing gloves on and fight this like we've never fought anything before."

Greig will have surgery this week to take a sample from his lung, which will help doctors determine the extent of the cancer and appropriate course of action.

He is unsure whether he will commentate for Nine this summer. The first Test against South Africa begins in Brisbane on November 9.

master15

Guttedd I am in a place with no coverage and can only find rubbish, rubbish streams.

Congrats to Pup and Cowan putting some runs on the board.

Pup, unbelievable innings. Unbelievable year.

Australia's bowling has been ten times better than SA's this match. Not even a close matchup between the two units.

30+ extras is pathetic for the so-called best bowling unit in international cricket. Or maybe we are the best batting team in the last year or so by a mile.

SA only bowled 95 overs even with an extra hour. That is a lot of fetching and no balls...

Aussies are the only team that can win it from here. Aussies to score 150 in the first session tomorrow (extended session) then bowl SA out for less than 187.

snoopen

Australia hit 450 in 35 overs less than South Africa.

Clarke is doing well to remodel from Captain Cunt (or Captain Crap). Has played some great innings over the last year.

Window

Australia hit 450 in 35 overs less than South Africa.

Clarke is doing well to remodel from Captain Cunt (or Captain Crap). Has played some great innings over the last year.

Yeah seriously, he's been amazing. Holy hell this is an incredible run.

artist

Banned
Clarke looks like he's making a killing at home only. His form abroad has been poor. By chicko's (hilarious) definition he's the ultimate home lion.

edit: Mussey gone, match headed towards a draw if Australia dont press for runs now.

Clarke looks like he's making a killing at home only. His form abroad has been poor. By chicko's (hilarious) definition he's the ultimate home lion.

edit: Mussey gone, match headed towards a draw if Australia dont press for runs now.

Just like most of the Indian team.

Top Bottom