• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
lol @ Hussey. Was 96 not out, tried to smash a six and whoever was on the boundary dropped the catch and it went for four.

Eranga to Hussey, FOUR, dropped, Hussey has a big grin on his face as he reaches century No. 19, a moment earlier he was in despair after he pulled that one, towards Angelo Mathews at deep midwicket, Mathews had to back pedal a bit, Mathews is in position to take it though, should have taken it, Sri Lanka can't afford these chance, Hussey and Australia love it though

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
What a shocking decision there. The bat was nowhere near his pad when he hit it.

Siddle to Herath, OUT, oh dear, the Herath show is over much too soon, and we didn't even get to see one of his classic strokes, and it ends with an absolute shocker of a decision from Tony Hill, massive inside-edge as Herath looked to defend that one, umpire missed that, and there are no reviews left, Siddle gets another
HMRKB Herath lbw b Siddle 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

artist

Banned
518915-peter-siddlepjiv2.jpg

Why you got to tamper the ball my fav Aussie quick? smh .. still a pretty awesome bowler.

Congrats England. First time in my life we've won in India.
Yup, pretty remarkable win. Cook rated it as high as winning the Ashes, so it's HUGE.

Thing is, Tendulkar even in his poor form is much better player than a lot of International cricketers.

he is delight to watch too but being his big fan i just could not see him struggling. it felt like sallu bhai was giving flop after flop which he does but it hurts. I always wanted to see him go on top and be proud.

Can never, ever, forget what I witnessed that year.

A desert storm, a birthday hundred and a ballistic Tony Greig. A straight six off Warne when he starts around the wicket. Another straight six off Kasprowicz. "Whaddaplayaa," screeches Greig. It imprints itself in your head

1998 The year Tendulkar dominated Australia with two Test hundreds and four ODI centuries, three of which were in a row. His twin innings in Sharjah were the highlights of a year during which he gave Shane Warne nightmares by the bowler's own admission

30ndmpvijayonst_AR_1071596e.jpg

79233.jpg

Never kept up with this fact.

1996 Tendulkar became the first batsman to score more than 500 runs in a World Cup. His tally ended on 523, with this stumping against Sri Lanka, in the semi-final, which India lost.

72329.jpg

2003 Tendulkar scored 98 of his record tally of 673 World Cup runs in one unforgettable innings against Pakistan in Centurion. The defining moment was a savage upper cut against Shoaib Akhtar that sailed over the third-man boundary. Tendulkar marshalled India to the final, where their bowlers conceded 359 runs against Australia. The Man-of-the-Series bauble was little consolation

93278.jpg

Of course, the first man to score a double century in ODI's, truly deserved it.

114713.jpg

And finally, the moment he wanted for the lifetime.

sachin-tendulkar-world-cup-celebration.jpg

Sachin+Tendulkar+Winning+Captain+Press+Conference+JhFsTZ5ArtSl.jpg

I've grew up watching Sachin Tendulkar play the game of cricket. I turned out to be a fan of the game watching him bat. His cricket career went along as my years turned up from 5-25. Every time he was on the field, I wouldn't want to miss a ball in action. There were many times when I turned the tv off when he was out. Every time he was on the field with the bat, the opponent knows that he is the biggest threat there is.

It is amazing how he kept up with the game. The game was much different when I started watching it, around the 90's to what there is now in the international cricket. I don't even know how it is possible to evolve to the game as he did, with all the old players, young players, players who have come and gone.

With all that said and done, I think I am the biggest Tendulkar fan there is, I am sure there are millions others who think this way but I like to call myself one. What I can say or tell is that the game of cricket in my mind will never be the same without him. Till I die and as long as I watch cricket, I don't think I can never forget what I have seen him do with that 'MRF' bat of his.

Good bye from the ODI's, my old friend. Cricket will just never be the same without you :(

P.S. As you guys already mentioned, I wish he announced his retirement and played one final game in India just to say goodbye to that blue dress, his country and most importantly his fans.

Dynedom

I'm sure Indian fans will be talking about that No-Ball for the next 20 years.

What is it with Pakistan and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? It didn't happen here but sheesh. India probably should have dropped Rohit for Ashwin. They were a bowler short.

LOL @ Kamran Akmal. Played right into Ishant Sharma's hands. Hilarious that Sharma caught him too. How Kamran and Afridi still have a place in the Pakistani side is beyond me. (lol thanks d[-_-]b)

Kumar is the future of Indian bowling. Holy cow.

d[-_-]b

Banned

What is it with Pakistan and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? It didn't happen here but sheesh. India probably should have dropped Rohit for Ashwin. They were a bowler short.

LOL @ Kamran Akmal. Played right into Ishant Sharma's hands. Hilarious that Sharma caught him too. How Kamran and Afridi still have a place in the Indian side is beyond me.

Lol well it does look Kamran was playing for the Indian side with his 5 balls wasted and out on duck, but Pakistani team has a habit of making easy matches into a difficult one.

Zapages

LOL @ Kamran Akmal. Played right into Ishant Sharma's hands. Hilarious that Sharma caught him too. How Kamran and Afridi still have a place in the Pakistani side is beyond me. (lol thanks d[-_-]b)

Kumar has to perform more than one match. Pakistan has players like Anwar Ali, who Kumar is taking after from his style of bowling...

Pakistan seemed surprised with new type of bowler..... But that is about it... Let's see how he bowls after batsman get used to his style of bowling...

Dynedom

Kumar has to perform more than one match. Pakistan has players like Anwar Ali, who Kumar is taking after from his style of bowling...

Pakistan seemed surprised with new type of bowler..... But that is about it... Let's see how he bowls after batsman get used to his style of bowling...

One match or no, that in-swing was delicious.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Good first wicket for Bird. Hopefully he can have a good debut.

Edit: What a ball from Johnson. Glad he's playing.

beast786

I think the best part was not the action. The fact he set up both jamshad and akmal with beautiful out and then in was fantastic. When someone can move both ways or at least make you think that it can go either way then you got something going.

Reminds me how Akram used to set people up.

Regardless, we won. YEAH.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Well done Sangakkara. Joins Lara and Tendulkar as the fastest to 10,000 runs.

Edit: What a catch! Awesome from Wade.

master15

Sri Lanka having no luck here, two missed chances in just that over.

Edit: Well done Clarkey, who would have thought when he took over as captain he would also end this year as Australian with most test runs in calendar year.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Another hundred for Clarke. What a year he's had.

Edit: Would love to see Mitch get his hundred tomorrow.

Edit 2: Stranded in the 90's again...

Edit 3: Lol at the run out. Wth are you doing Sri Lanka?

Not much to post about. This series is about as interesting as the old matches against bangladesh. It's hard to really take this series seriously at all, i barely watched any of this match and i don't think i will bother at all for the next one.

artist

Banned
Not much to post about. This series is about as interesting as the old matches against bangladesh. It's hard to really take this series seriously at all, i barely watched any of this match and i don't think i will bother at all for the next one.
Why being a debbie downer? We got two close and exciting games. Unlike the SL thrashing down under, maybe you prefer one-sided games?

Dynedom

Bah, missed the second T20.

They really need to make these series best of 3. 2 alone is so unsatisfactory. This is why the NZ/SA series had better closure. =\

Grug

Sangakkara's hand looked in bad shape. :/

Hope he bounces back soon. He is a pleasure to watch bat.

Great game by Mitch Johnson. Hope he has bridged the gap between his best and worst.

Don't mind the look of Jackson Bird either. Doesn't seem to have a huge amount of weapons at his disposal, but neither did Glen McGrath. Plenty to be said for consistent line and length.

Top Bottom