• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

What happened?

5 runouts? C---- again?

seriously after what we saw in test, at then belly up at home in ODI against NZ team that is at worst right now.

SA is impossible to figure out. This from a Pakistan fan.

they choked plus over confidence. I am still rooting for them against pak. it will be battle of better bowlers. kallis and amla too will decide. l

Curufinwe

South Africa's bowling fell apart in the last 20 overs today, and they were 25 minutes late finishing the innings. 260 seems like a good total.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Australia on a roll. 19/4

Edit: Man, how close was that? Awesome, got him next ball anyway, lol. Starc killing it.

It has started

Monkey it has started.

You vs Me. SA vs Pak

I hope no hard feelings man.

No hard feelings dude. I am firm believer in SA :p . SA needs to show some skills but I am confident. Bowling is what I am worried about. They will come through in batting. you watch it beast. They will come back.

Let's Go Africa!!

There was a huge roar in my house when fatty was caught by Asad Shafiq on 50.

lol. HE will score couple of hundreads you watch :p It was okay day today. Good bowling by pak. I am gonna watch highlights now.

There was still a roar today when fatty was dismissed on 7. :p

Uhh, dont mix politics with sport.

sorry i did not get the reference at all. Dude do not do that here. Thanks for pointing out. faty is 15 wicket away from 300. but the day was about

8.1 6 8 6 performance.

beast786

:/

our batting is horrible against pace attack. What a whipping. SA showing the best bowling attack so far.

monkey you might win the fight this time. but the war is not over yet ;p

artist

Banned
Some serious bullshit umpiring going on ..

Jacques Kallis Fatty appealed for a catch at the wicket which was turned down on-field but South Africa referred. The camera showed only a faint mark which disappeared quickly and the decision was then overturned by the TV umpire Steve Davis. Misbah also showed his annoyance as he walked off.

Pakistan reviewed an appeal for caught behind by Rahat Ali against du Plessis when he was on 21 and given 'not out' by Billy Bowden. Despite a faint mark on Hot Spot, the decision was upheld.

The final incident took place when de Villiers survived again on review in the second innings. He was given out lbw to Saeed Ajmal and immediately gestured to his bat to indicated he had hit the ball. Although the Hot Spot camera did not show an edge, the decision was overturned and de Villiers continued batting.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/603150.html

our batting is horrible against pace attack. What a whipping. SA showing the best bowling attack so far.

haha match is not over yet. If they score around 700 then it is over. I wish he continued on with follow on. bowlers had bowled like 8 overs , they could have easily bowl another 8 overs. They were not tired or anything.

^ that is bullshit agreed. I was not aware of that. Faty will take proper revenge next time.

Yagharek

If its any consolation, SA have done the same to Australia and New Zealand the past 3 years.

In other news, George Bailey hits 24 off the last over vs WI. Brilliant century, 125 off 110 balls. Unconfirmed reports are coming in that Brad McNamara was seen hunting for crows in a dumpster at the back of the WACA.

elfinke

If its any consolation, SA have done the same to Australia and New Zealand the past 3 years.

In other news, George Bailey hits 24 off the last over vs WI. Brilliant century, 125 off 110 balls. Unconfirmed reports are coming in that Brad McNamara was seen hunting for crows in a dumpster at the back of the WACA.

While I'm still certain that Bailey and Maxwell each found their Aus Cricket contracts in the bottom of a cornflakes packet, that was some innings from Bailey. Kudos to him.

Yagharek

While I'm still certain that Bailey and Maxwell each found their Aus Cricket contracts in the bottom of a cornflakes packet, that was some innings from Bailey. Kudos to him.

Bailey has been captain of the Tasmanian side during its golden era. He's not some johnny come lately groundsman or grade cricket slogger.

twinfin

Neo Member
Yagharek said:
Bailey has been captain of the Tasmanian side during its golden era. He's not some johnny come lately groundsman or grade cricket slogger.

Not 100% sold on his ability yet, but he seems like a genuinely good character.

The question is, would he have gotten on 'the boat'? Somehow I think not...

elfinke

Not 100% sold on his ability yet, but he seems like a genuinely good character.

The question is, would he have gotten on 'the boat'? Somehow I think not...

Did you start this email chain or at least receive it? I apologise in advance for anyone who hasn't read it. It's atrocious in every way. Particular details that no one really remembers are relayed here with convenient clarity (conversations etc) and circumstances too convenient for the conclusion:

Here's whats getting around the bush telegraph regarding the aussie cricket team..

From a bloke at Credit Suisse in Sydney. caught up with my mate (brother in law of mike hussey) and got some pretty interesting info ok, there has been a lot of talk around the attitude of michael clarke for years, he is a selfish wnker. Mike apparantly was promised at a minimum two one dayers in the ODI
series, in Perth, he was promised this on the back of "best available" talk.

It is probably worth mentioning that alot of the players are a bit scared of clarke in terms of the fact that he is a selector now, so they avoid trying to pss him off. Anyways at some point clarke called mike over (after the end of play) and asked if he could have a word. In this discussion he told mike that he wouldnt be playing because they were "looking to the future" mike asked about best available side and all that sht and clarke said "you can have a lap of honor before we play the ODI in Perth" to whihc mike told him to shove his lap up his as. Cricket Australia didnt want to announce the axing but certain members of the hussey camp "accidentally" dropped the hint to journos around the country clarkey wasnt happy about this and i guess it set the tone for the following couple of days (this was after play day 3 from memory).

So then the day before the game finished mike was asked by clarke what he wanted to do for his last game, and he said that he wanted to just sit in the changerooms and get pssed with the team and the entire support staff. Michael Clarke then proceeded the following day to organise to go on James Packers massive boat (which they could do any time for the next 3 days) but he wanted to go that evening the test ended. as a side note they all get pretty expensive retirement gifts from the team, and mike (being in charge of the song) will change the ipod to John Williamsons "true blue" this is when the team knows to get in a huddle to sing the team song. anyways someone turns the music off, and mike started complaining that someone had fcked the ipod up... Next minute John Williamson walks in singing "true blue"... thought that was pretty cool.

So anyways, clarke tried to turn it and say "I did this for you mike" (the boat) when he already knew what mike wanted to do, didnt want to go to the boat he wanted to get pssed int he changerooms. So at the end of the day everyone is in the changeroom drinking, clarke had left early because he wanted to go on the boat, some players (including warner) left as well. When it was time to leave for the boat a couple of players asked mike if he was coming, and mike was like "nah go have fun, i will stay and celebrate with my family and the support staff".

Nathon Lyon (Mikes best friend in the team) said "fck that if huss isn't going im not going" then watto said the same. As Vice captain that meant that alot because the players came back to the room and were gonna bail on the boat, because they weren't worried as much about clarke losing it.

So the next minute they get word that Clarke has made the boat an "official Cricket Australia function" which means the players get in trouble for not attending. This forced alot of the players to leave, Siddle and Lyon and the support staff were the only ones left from what I understand, absolutely petty and sht form from clarke considering that they could have gone on the boat the following night.

So in the end Mike, his family and the support staff stayed in the rooms. Mike then woke up with a voicemail from clarke which abused the sht out of him for leaking to the media and about how he didnt go on the boat with the players. Then clarke put david warner on the phone, who abused the sht out of him as well. Mike just took it in his stride and didnt respond, and the next morning in the lobby of the hotel Clarke wouldnt even look at him. Mike apparantly said "hey clarkey, one day you'll know" and that was the last words they had exchanged.

Mike was refferring to the fact that clarke is a selfish ct, and cant understand why mike is retiring (young family etc). The other thing that my mate told me was that there is a rumour going around on day 4 that little davey warner is a wifebeater. Apparantly his gf rocked up last year somewhere with a bruised face and said that she had ran into something, and then this year she had a black eye when she rocked up to the last day. She also didnt go on the boat because warner was such a ct to her before they left.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've never used coolstorybro.gif before, but this email almost elicited it from me. Was a bit busy at work though to worry about responding.

Regarding Bailey, my comment was more a thinly veiled sleight at the current rotation policy and weak selection criteria seemingly applied to our ODI and test teams.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Stupid batting there. Hit 4 sixes in a row so he tries to jump down the pitch for a smash and gets stumped. It was obvious from the last ball what Maxwell and Wade wanted to do.

twinfin

Neo Member
elfinke said:
Did you start this email chain or at least receive it? I apologise in advance for anyone who hasn't read it. It's atrocious in every way. Particular details that no one really remembers are relayed here with convenient clarity (conversations etc) and circumstances too convenient for the conclusion:

I got the same email the other week. Agreed that the story is standard crappy fare with little grounding in reality, and I assume no one is really taking any of it seriously.

That being said, it hasn't stopped my circle of friends from constantly employing the question, "Are you on the boat right now?" to point out various perceived character transgressions, such as texting your gf whilst at the cricket, skipping your turn in the shout, or leaving before the final ball is bowled...

Anyways, Bailey was great to watch in those last few overs today-- will be interesting to see whether he is consistently in the mix when everyone is healthy

SA made a big mistake i think declaring that early. WTF. I thought they would declare at at least 400 just ot be safe which was achievable. Now pak has 2.5 days and are in control. That was very bad imo. First mistake was not forcing follow on and second is this. So beast and Artist I think pak has chance.

Kallis to Misbah-ul-Haq, no run, dropped. What is happening to South Africa? First the no-ball, then the drop. Wide half-volley, loose drive from Misbah, hit to the right of Peterson at point. It's not too far at all, but he looks to dive, moves too far, and is hit on the wrist

not to early to start thinkin about c word.

artist

Banned
Fucking dubious umpiring strikes down under as well;
Starc to Thomas, OUT, gets a short ball on off stump which goes past the outside edge as the batsman tries to sway away.. Everyone goes up on an appeal for caught behind. the umpire shakes his head, but they call for a review.. A brute of a delivery.. Hot-spot being tested. Was there some glove on it? Not sure...hot-spot not very conclusive.. They are checking for sound cues... too long being taken here (we are into the zone where DRS starts becoming a bit of a pain).. He gives him out.. on the sound cue.. Well, I thought ..Speechless I am..
Fuck DRS and it's ilk.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
They've had a couple odd decisions from Aussie games as of late. I think the other was McKay in another game and just like this one I was shocked that it was given out. Maybe I missed something having the sound low but they didn't look out at all.

elfinke

They've had a couple odd decisions from Aussie games as of late. I think the other was McKay in another game and just like this one I was shocked that it was given out. Maybe I missed something having the sound low but they didn't look out at all.

Nope, bizarro decision that one. No sound and no hotspot that ch9 showed gave any hint that it should be out. Combine it with the short over that felled Sarwan and the Windies had a pretty rough afternoon.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Aussies going well. 183/1 off 32.4 (5.60) Watson 110*

Edit: Good win. Good game. Faulkner did well toward to end, 4 wickets, 4 bowled. I didn't see it but apparently one of the West Indies took a blinder on the boundary. I'll have to track it down and check it out.

Top Bottom