• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Zapages

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Aussies 2/2 already. Watson got a first ball duck.

Edit: We did well to get the score we did considering where we were at one point. I think that last partnership was worth 81 off 51 @9.52. Voges' 112*(106) was much needed.

Edit 2: Close game. 89 off 67 needed with another 5 in hand.

Edit 3: Good bowling the last 3 overs. 2w for 8 when West Indies looked to be chasing the runs down.

Good win. Good bowling from Johnson and Faulkner in the last few. Love the look of Faulkner.

Make it consistent and he's a shoe in for any game.

You see the 2 Windies catches from the last game yet? Pretty damn great.

Mitch bowled pretty good again tonight which is great to see.

Saw the catches. Pollard took a decent one again tonight. Popped it straight up in the air from a hard hit Hughes cut that looked set for the boundary and took an easy catch.

Australia was awesome in the series. Fuck windies need so many good things to happen. Where the fuck did all good bowlers go from windies? suddenly they stopped producing fast paced bowlers or something?

artist

Banned

params7

Banned
That is cool, but can have Cricket game that is more than just ashes... Maybe a cricket game that has all the international teams and most of the T20 leagues out there.

Tell that to EA. They're hoarding up the ICC license and aren't doing anything with it.

Are there any screenshots/videos for this game yet? Been a while since there was a good cricket game, the last good one I think was Cricket 97' or Brian Lara Cricket (Codemasters) .. :(

No screenshots/vids yet, but here's some developer commentary and motion capture videos they've done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JTBkfae9y_Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3aKKro2My_w

beast786

That is cool, but can have Cricket game that is more than just ashes... Maybe a cricket game that has all the international teams and most of the T20 leagues out there.

They have all the teams and the formats and World Cup. Funny thing is all the players even resemble real life. But since they dont have the right, they just change the name a little... Its actually funny as hell.

For example. A guy would look exactly like Akram and his numbers would be just like him but his name would be Warkam

artist

Banned
Nice win by SA, I thought Pak would take this especially after Day 2 when SA got Ajmalled. I thought I would poke some fun at monkey but anyway fatty flopping again is minor consolation for me. :p

Also congrats to the Aus womens team for winning the WC. Hopefully thats the only WC they win in the next 3 years ;)
Tell that to EA. They're hoarding up the ICC license and aren't doing anything with it.

No screenshots/vids yet, but here's some developer commentary and motion capture videos they've done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JTBkfae9y_Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3aKKro2My_w
Thanks. Looking forward to this.

ICC admit error in Kallis dismissal

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. he will back.
Like I said before fuck the DRS.

beast786

Congrats Monkey, Our batting is no match for your pace attack. Still nice to see a fight from Pakistan. We were about 75-100 runs short.

Congrats Monkey, Our batting is no match for your pace attack. Still nice to see a fight from Pakistan. We were about 75-100 runs short.

Pakistan has a good bowling but they are dealing with philender, styrn and kallis it is just too much. If the pak team had waqr, wasim and saqlain the result would have been different.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Good fightback from Clarke and Henriques. They've put on a partnership of 128 runs. I thought Ashwin was ready to tear through the rest of the side when we were 153/5 and he had all 5.

Omikron

The pitch looks a day five or later, Australia did well, if they push their score close to 400 early today, puts them well in front.

beast786

Pakistan has a good bowling but they are dealing with philender, styrn and kallis it is just too much. If the pak team had waqr, wasim and saqlain the result would have been different.

Its now embarrassing . I don't mind giving these young oys some action on bowling, but our batting is exposed again. full credit goes to your pace attack.

Its now embarrassing . I don't mind giving these young oys some action on bowling, but our batting is exposed again. full credit goes to your pace attack.

ye they are firing at full pace. First ball out was crazy as well. Abott seem very well paced as well. Good news all around so far. Follow on was good decision i hope.

artist

Banned
captureseujn.png

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

Dude's killing it. Didn't think he'd have as much impact as he has had but when he's on song he's hard to stop.

Edit: What an innings he's playing. 182* so far.

Edit 2: I think we've been batted out of the game tbh. 135 in front with 2 in hand and once India's spinners get the ball in their hands you'd expect them to rip right through Australia barring a miracle.

legend166

India deserve to win here. The rest of the Australian batsmen need to stand up and do something instead of leaving it all to Clarke.

If I have to watch Lyon come out and bowl 90kmph darts again I'm gonna go insane. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Has he been coached to do that? The reason he got picked for Australia in the first place was because he bowled they beautiful loopy balls that would dip. And he did that in the Big Bash! Yet he comes to tests and just bowls the most boring, ineffective stuff ever.

Was a great knock by Dhoni to take the game away though. As an opposition supporter it's infuriating watching him play in India because you know just how crap he is outside of the subcontinent.

Dhoni the Destroyer. Just pummeled us as soon as he got to the crease and dictated the state of play. Brilliant stuff to watch, even as a Dhoni hater.

Don't have much good to say about the Aussie team so far, Pattinson has bowled his heart out but the rest haven't been focused enough to win a 5 day test match again India at home. We need to be at our best to pull it off. Lyon has it in him to bowl us to victory, still to see it though.

artist

Banned
India deserve to win here. The rest of the Australian batsmen need to stand up and do something instead of leaving it all to Clarke.

If I have to watch Lyon come out and bowl 90kmph darts again I'm gonna go insane. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Has he been coached to do that? The reason he got picked for Australia in the first place was because he bowled they beautiful loopy balls that would dip. And he did that in the Big Bash! Yet he comes to tests and just bowls the most boring, ineffective stuff ever.

Was a great knock by Dhoni to take the game away though. As an opposition supporter it's infuriating watching him play in India because you know just how crap he is outside of the subcontinent.
Lyon got Tendulkar with a loopy delivery, same with his wicket of Kohli. I guess he's just too scared of Dhoni and his helicopter.

Omikron

Truth.

Can we get O'Keefe on a plane?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Don't have to wait long for the next test which is great. Should be interesting to see what changes Australia make. We didn't play as good as I expected us to play, clearly got outplayed.
Dhoni's innings was the real difference. It's unbelievable how easy he made it look to bat when everyone else seemed to struggle. A crushing innings.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Another game on today!
Lyon and Starc out for Doherty and Maxwell. Wade's playing with a broken cheekbone.

Edit: We didn't need that.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I was too busy watching footy so I missed nearly all the cricket today. Clarke once again doing his best to save the innings, we looked in a lot of trouble early on. Hopefully we'll be able to put up a decent total.

Edit: As soon as I praise us someone goes out...

Edit 2: I jinxed us. Lost 28/5. Really poor wicket there for Clarke.

Top Bottom