• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haha, love your enthusiasm but I just don't see it when it comes to going against india in india.

Susan koala going great guns though.

Haha, love your enthusiasm but I just don't see it when it comes to going against india in india.

Susan koala going great guns though.

Odi record is not too bad in India iirc.

All these guys pretty much play in the ipl too.

Big match ability is also on Australia's side.

First big test here. Need to play ashwin well to win.

Antiwhippy

Problem is that for whatever reason we're so mediocre in T20is so far, despite exporting so many T20 franchise players. Combination of playing fuck all T20I and rarely ever had a really settled T20I team.

Problem is that for whatever reason we're so mediocre in T20is so far, despite exporting so many T20 franchise players. Combination of playing fuck all T20I and rarely ever had a really settled T20I team.

We are, surprisingly, the third best team over the last two years in t20i. India are well ahead at 70% win ratio, however the bulk of teams are I the 40-60% win ratio.

It seems like we are mediocre comparatively to odi and test cricket, but we are above average.

I think Australia were only ranked 8th in t20i because we didn't play for a year and a half.

I saw the stat on inside cricket I think. But we had played a simlar amount to the rest of the full member teams, except India had played the most iirc.

Kind of my point too though really. How do you become good at a format that you barely play?

The shorter the format, the closer the teams will be as making mistakes means less in cricketing terms.

To have a winning ratio of more than 60% when pretty much every 20-20 at international level is a 50-50 game (when played between the top half dozen teams) is ok imo.

Antiwhippy

Pitch seems a bit slow, but I really don't know if we have the bowlers to pull it off plus india is so good on slow pitches.

urgh finch. Needed you to go deep.

Empty

don't normally watch 20/20, how come there aren't any reviews in the world cup?

they don't take that much time and that steve smith wicket is so decisive

Antiwhippy

don't normally watch 20/20 but how come there aren't any reviews in the world cup?

No reviews in T20 period.

Something about wanting to make the format as fast and fuss free as possible.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
don't normally watch 20/20, how come there aren't any reviews in the world cup?

No reviews in T20 except you know, for the no balls which is the job of the umpire...

Even if there was precedent in the format, the tournament is also in India and they have a perverse aversion to it.

Antiwhippy

Yeah I just think he doesn't know how to play T20s in this position. Been off all innings and couldn't pace himself at all, but he gave us something resembling a platform for the last few overs.

Antiwhippy

I really can't tell if it's the pitch being hard to bat on or if we're just bad.

Can't remember the last significant Faulkner innings though.

Antiwhippy

Well we got 160 at least.

Don't know if that's enough though. I'll watch a bit to see the general flow and see the result next day probably.

Top Bottom