• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Argh, this is just bad bowling, though it's also very good batting.

NCN is one of those that either hits short of a length or a half-volley. He's such a nothing bowler in these conditions.

Antiwhippy

Ah well fun game. At least it was only a small embarrassment for australia.

Our death bowling has been shit all tournament barring pakistan which you could just put it down to pakistan being pakistan really.

At least we kinda sorta had the excuse that we didn't have our full strength squad.

Might be a bit late for me! The Kiwi's could easily win both the Men's and Women's WCs at this point.

Interesting development in the Sheffield Shield: for next year during the second half of the competition they will be using the Duke ball instead of the Kookaburra in preparation for the 2019 Ashes in the UK. Good idea I reckon. Saw an interesting proposal a while back, use the Duke for test cricket and the Kooka for short form, might be worth looking into.

Browny

Banned
I do hope both semis live up to the hype... If each time plays to the best of their ability, then it'll be one hell of a show. Gayle vs Khali and Root vs Gupta are just the tip of the icing...

Also, clever move by the Sheffield Shield - any opportunity to get used to the Duke makes every sense. I kinda wish we did the same thing at the back end of our season, since the Kooka is used everywhere else?

Antiwhippy

Might be a bit late for me! The Kiwi's could easily win both the Men's and Women's WCs at this point.

Interesting development in the Sheffield Shield: for next year during the second half of the competition they will be using the Duke ball instead of the Kookaburra in preparation for the 2019 Ashes in the UK. Good idea I reckon. Saw an interesting proposal a while back, use the Duke for test cricket and the Kooka for short form, might be worth looking into.

The last few matches I've seen the kooka being used it always goes out of shape fairly quickly.

mclem

It's quite a tasty match for the women at the moment. It's weird listening to women's matches on TMS, because - regrettably - there's just not as much crowd noise so I don't get the same immediate cues that something big's just happened.

Antiwhippy

Good win by the australian women's team. Thought england was going to get it when their openers started gaining momentum but we managed to claw it back.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I agree with you, apart from one minor detail:

We're England.

My natural inclination is with you, but when we are underdogs we are actually fucking good and we have a very good batting lineup(the most well-rounded that is currently in the tournament based on current form). Plus NZ are knock-out game bottlers, have a flimsy batting lineup. We've already won the tournament before and were never expected to do brilliantly here.

kmag

NZ got a good start going on here... here's hoping a wicket comes soon...

I actually think they've batted a bit slow, going a bit under 8 and in the women's game it really slowed up as the ball got soft. Although I've never quite got my bearings on what is a good score in this competition.

kmag

Corey Anderson looks really out of form, for a bit a couple of years back he was as dangerous a short form batsman as anyone in the game.

the scoring rate has really dropped here as the ball gotten older. I think they'll be lucky to get 170.

Browny

Banned
I'm pleasantly surprised (at the moment, at least) - it could have been so much worse after the first 8 or 9 overs... Still, every opportunity to balls this up.

Antiwhippy

Dhoni just loves part timers. I'm not sure kohli would have ever had any bowling stats recorded if he was under another captain.

Top Bottom