• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Grug

FUCK YES!

Piss off to the Pavillion Cook.

What a catch by the Huss!

Hilfenhaus... genius selection that. :lol

Grug

Can't beat test cricket.

How's the momentum shift! England started very confidently, now Australia ahs them running scared. The momentum will change at least a few more times this session too I'll bet.

legend166

I'd like to pick up another wicket before lunch. I think England's batting lineup is pretty shaky, and I'm surprised there hasn't been more talked about. Prior at 6 could be exploited.

Rezbit

I feel like I'm exploiting this thread to boost my post count, but...

Have you guys heard how much the pommy commentators are bagging the shit out of Johnson? Pretty fucking rich considering their strike bowlers are Andersen and Broad.

Grug

Rezbit said:

Have you guys heard how much the pommy commentators are bagging the shit out of Johnson? Pretty fucking rich considering their strike bowlers are Andersen and Broad.

The commentators are full of shit.

Obviously didn't see any of Australia's tour of South Africa.

tri_willy

Rezbit said:

well this is coming from the english media and possibly moores who believed harmison would become the world's best pace bowler and we know how well that turned out

legend166

Rezbit said:

We could win 5-0 by an innings each test, and the English commentators still wouldn't rate us.

legend166

Hahaha, Bopara!

Will these knobs ever give Johnson some credit?

Classy Botham, with the nice backhanded compliment. "Well, he might not be swinging it in....."

Rezbit

LOL Botham "Rubbish shot shouldn't have gotten out", Holding "Wow he's not swinging it but that was so well bowled WOW!"

Rezbit

I'd say that was a good session for the Aussies, got 3 out and the Poms didn't make the 100. After lunch we really need to get out KP to cement the innings though.

Grug

legend166 said:
Geeze Grug, don't have enough material for each board ;)

Can't make up two different opinions. :lol

I'll try and diversify for your benefit. :D I thought that being a Swans supporter you'd have no problem with the lack of excitement.

legend166

Grug said:

I'll try and diversify for your benefit. :D I thought that being a Swans supporter you'd have no problem with the lack of excitement.

That's low, real low.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Grug said:

Oh snap.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Is anyone else getting a sore neck from the commercial SBS keep playing about their sport and comedies... it starts off "CAAATCH!!!!!!!"

Every damn time I snap my neck around to the tv :(

santouras

I don't understand why fast bowlers tempt fate so much by getting so close to bowling a front foot no ball with every delivery. They are not going to lose much by backing up 10cm and never bowling another no ball in their life, but they have a lot to lose when they take a wicket off one that isn't counted

it really blows my mind....

santouras

crumbs that was close to hitting the stumps

nah I don't think there's a valid reason for front foot no balls. Aim with the front of the foot to hit the line, not the back. I think it was michael holding who rarely bowled a no ball because he made sure he bowled from well behind the line, because he hated the thought of getting someone out only for the umpire to take it away.

santouras

boy doesn't Nassar sound like a gloating school kid :lol "welcome to real test captaincy"

having said that, it's going to be a long time till the new ball...

Grug

England's session. Clearly.

Pitch more lifeless than Michael Jackson.

Hand back the baggy green hat Hauritz, you are a disgrace.

mclem

Very scary start for us, but things have settled down nicely. Think there's a few back-and-forths still to go before we're done, though, I'm sure there's a wicket due soon.

Top Bottom